The Traitor Son Cycle by Miles Cameron

AncalagonTheBlack

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 8:48 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

If you read the remainder of the series then it's fully revealed.

I’m not sure it was fully revealed. At least I’m still confused about it. 

Spoiler

The angel was maybe Ash but it sure didn’t act like Ash. The angel was very into De Vraily being his favorite human and respected De Vraily fighting against the angel. None of that is in character for Ash as we see him with Orley and Thorn.

26 minutes ago, unJon said:

I’m not sure it was fully revealed. At least I’m still confused about it. 

Reveal hidden contents

The angel was maybe Ash but it sure didn’t act like Ash. The angel was very into De Vraily being his favorite human and respected De Vraily fighting against the angel. None of that is in character for Ash as we see him with Orley and Thorn.

Spoiler

The angel is definitely Ash.  

Cold Iron by Miles Cameron (UK cover)

What secret future project are you working on? Care to share a little for your fans?

I’m writing a new fantasy series called Masters and Mages about a fantasy Baroque Enlightenment and a circle of oligarchs attempting to roll back the clock, collapse consensual democracy, and replace it with a tyranny of money and birth. The first book is finished and is tentatively called Cold Iron. There are swords and flintlocks and high magik and lots of spying and daring do. And some philosophy.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent series. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention around here aand elsewhere. As a Bakker fan, id like to think that in either book 3 or 4, when fighting the undead, TRK confers with a soldier named Kelhus. I'd have to say that its a homage to TSA. Why I think thisnis that he only uses one"L". Which makes me think that he didn't want to use the name for for that, because of Kellhus's stature in the books.

Did we ever learn:

Spoiler
Spoiler

What happened to Tar? I thought Tar saved the queen in book three when she was imprisoned and Under Ash mental attack. But then Tar never showed up again so maybe it wasn’t her?

1 hour ago, unJon said:

Did we ever learn:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

What happened to Tar? I thought Tar saved the queen in book three when she was imprisoned and Under Ash mental attack. But then Tar never showed up again so maybe it wasn’t her?

She shows up later in the series. Just not in the same form, I believe.

20 minutes ago, unJon said:

I finished the series. Missed her. You know how she shows up?

Yea, in a dream or something like that. And, at the end ahe takes a human form and attends TRK's wedding.

ETA: or the event after they save the world. Been a few months since I read it. I thought there a wedding at the end.

18 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

ETA: or the event after they save the world. Been a few months since I read it. I thought there a wedding at the end.

There is a wedding at the end, but

there's no mention of Tar. I don't recall any other appearance by her either, post her intervention in book 3. 

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

There is a wedding at the end, but

Hide contents

there's no mention of Tar. I don't recall any other appearance by her either, post her intervention in book 3. 

Spoiler

It isn't directly said. But, she is in human form and with Smythe.

37 minutes ago, Esmenet said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I just re-skimmed the epilogue. There is a scene about painting the story and a wedding of Bad Tom and Sukey. I don’t see Smythe at all or any human female with him. 

Unless I missed him? Last I see of Smythe he is alone on the last battlefield and gives Gabriel’s spear to Michael for the final attack on Ash.

6 hours ago, Esmenet said:
  Hide contents

You appear to be confusing

the appearance of Tapio and Tasmin with that of Smythe and Tar.

I honestly don't remember any appearance by Tar in the book- almost the only time she's mentioned in the final book is when Tasmin herself wonders if Amicia was Tar, after a quick search of my ebook-  but that was just speculation and she clearly isn't.

If it was in book 4, I don't remember it.

eta: btw, @unJon you totally should add Stringer Bell's speech about 40 degree days to your sig.

• 4 weeks later...

Man but this guy writes fast,he's already written 300 pages of the sequel to his forthcoming Cold Iron.Oh,and the sequel is titled Forge of Darkness... ahem :D

He also has a brand new historical fiction book coming out on July 12 titled Sword of Justice, #4 in his Chivalry series,based loosely around the exploits of Sir William Gold.

Archived