Last Words of Characters in A Song of Ice and Fire

UnbentFury

Can we get a list of last words of characters in this series? Something in the vein of the Last Word section in wikiquote?

For example:

"You are no son of mine."

--Tywin, talking to his dwarf son Tyrion who he'd hated.

"Cold."

--Renly Baratheon, killed by a shadow assassin sent by his brother's sorceress Melisandre.

I noticed it this was conspicuously absent over there and it kind of bothered me. And I'm a little morbid.

ETA: Incidentally, what do you think some of the last words of some characters will be? Since I imagine Ramsay will ultimately kill his father, I expect Roose's last words to be something along the lines of

"Bastard."

"I did my duty."

or "Tell my daughter--"

for Stannis.

and...yeah. I'll simmer on some others.

Shae: "More than anything," she answered, "My giant of Lannister."

Lysa Tully: "Only one? Oh, Petyr, do you swear it? Only one?"

Oberyn Martell: "Say the name!"

Quentyn Martell: "Oh."

Rorge: "Whore!" he boomed. "Freak! Bitch! I'll give you to my dog to fuck, you bloody bitch!"

Aerys Targaryen aka Mad King: "Burn them all!"

Rhaegar Targaryen said the name of a woman right before Robert Baratheon slaughtered him, we still have no clue whose name it was

Viserys Targaryen: Sister, please . . . Dany, tell them . . . make them . . . sweet sister . . .

Aerys Targaryen aka Mad King: "Burn them all!"

Rhaegar Targaryen said the name of a woman right before Robert Baratheon slaughtered him, we still have no clue whose name it was

Viserys Targaryen: Sister, please . . . Dany, tell them . . . make them . . . sweet sister . . .

I thought it was well-agreed that it was "Rosebud..."

I thought it was well-agreed that it was "Rosebud..."

Oh no, rosebud will be poor Tommen's final words when the Tyrells shall kill him... :frown5:

Joffrey's last words were "I can't" (with a lot of coughing). And he points at Tyrion as he dies.

Reminds me a bit of one conversation in Dumb & Dumber:

"He blamed me. You heard him. Those were his last words."

"Not if you count the gurgling sounds."

Actually, Joffrey's last coherent sentence was "I want you to see you ride that pig, Uncle." And sure enough, Tyrion was eventually riding the pig, just two books later.

Quentyn Martell: "Oh."

Those actually weren't his last words, because he spoke to Missandei after, but it's a great last speech so..

As to one of the best, Pate:

“I don’t understand.”

“And never will,” a voice said sadly.

What were Cressen's?

Joffrey's last words were "I can't" (with a lot of coughing). And he points at Tyrion as he dies.

Reminds me a bit of one conversation in Dumb & Dumber:

"He blamed me. You heard him. Those were his last words."

"Not if you count the gurgling sounds."

Actually, Joffrey's last coherent sentence was "I want you to see you ride that pig, Uncle." And sure enough, Tyrion was eventually riding the pig, just two books later.

But the last articulated words were I can't, here's the whole speech:

“I, kof, I can’t, kof kof kof kof . . .

Archived