House Sorting Personality Test

Jaime's Wench

Alrightey, new thread so that we can get this show on the road...

The Procedure

1. You answer the questions below in reasonable detail, truthfully.

2. You then PM them to me

3. I then post a Round of three anonymous tests. Each Round lasts 72 hours. Your identity will be revealed at the end of the Round unless you PM me asking to remain anonymous.

If4. Anyone can reply with your judgements for each test, during that 72 hour window. You can provide a reason why but it is not obligatory.

5. Each person is 'Sorted' after their Round into the House they received most votes for - and their identity is revealed.

The Rules

1. All PMs to me, with the heading 'Personality Test' - so I know you don't want me for my splendid conversation.

2. No one word answers - if your answers are too brief, you'll be dumped in House Frey, which you DO NOT WANT!

3. Keep profanity witty and non-offensive

4. No changing the questions

5. If you decide to edit your answer after sending it to me, send a second PM clearly marked showing it's an edit to your application.

6. When Sorting somebody - mark clearly which Test Number it is and the House you have decided in bold so I can quickly identify it from others you may also talk about.

The Houses

Do not sort into any other House please, as tempting as it might be. There will be 'spin-offs' if the game proves popular.

Lannister - desire or have wealth, dry wit/funny, proud, deceitful, romantic, cunning

Stark - honourable, steady, cold, dutiful, proud, traditional, dislike frivolity

Tully - family, duty, honour (lol), loving, protective, loyal

Targaryen - self-righteous, hot-tempered, proud, prone to extremes, majestic, magnetic

Baratheon - fiery, narrow-minded, selfish, stubborn,

Arryn - cautious, reserved, honourable, dutiful, patient, tenacious

Tyrell - ambitious, fickle, frivolous, love beauty, clever, subtle, hedonists,

Martell - rebellious, liberal, rash, adventurous, unforgiving

Greyjoy - fearless, impulsive, not loyal to family, adventurous, unforgiving

Frey - if you do not give full enough answers

Faceless Man - if you do the test properly, but people cannot decide which House you belong to.

I am aware there's a significant overlap between different Houses and the above is by no means a definitive list. This is where your interpretation comes into play.

----

Already Sorted:

Lannister - King Euron Greyjoy, Petyr Baelish the First, Reek the Turncloak

Stark - KiDisaster, Ser Jon Snow

Tully - Crown, Danaerys is my queen, coldplums8, The Blackbear

Targaryen - Chelly

Baratheon - Ser Laughing Storm, Julifay, Top12gun

Arryn - Silver Spearwife

Tyrell - Lord Arryn

Martell - Jaime's Wench, MrsManderly, Alex Blake, Headless Jeyne, King Stannis Baratheon

Greyjoy - DaniSnowborn

Faceless Man - St Arya of the Knife

Frey - Juanvito

For now, if you have any questions about the Game, please post them here.

I shall post the first three applications tomorrow morning Brit-time :-)

And here are the questions to answer:

What are your 5 best attributes and why?

What are your 5 worst attributes and why?

What are your top 5 priorities in life?

Which animal do you most identify with and why?

If you were paid to kill someone, how much is your price to kill them and how would you do it?

Do you hold grudges? Do you want to get over it, get even or get ahead?

How do you go about achieving what you want?

If you are captured by an enemy, what would you do?

What do you do with captured enemies?

What do you want people to think about you?

What do you think of honor?

What is your greatest fear?

Round One: Test One

1. a. What are your five best attributes and why?

My best five attributes...I guess:

- I'm smart (albeit pretty scatterbrained).

- I'm loyal.

- I'm generally pretty good at assessing a situation objectively. Like, I can acknowledge when I'm doing something wrong and typically won't try to justify it. In other words, I'm honest about myself.

- I try to be generous (though it depends - I can be selfish at some times and more generous at others).

- Um...hm. I'm good at a variety of artistic skills, and can pick things up pretty easily.

1. b. What are your five worst attributes and why?

Worst, let's see:

- I'm way too awkward in social situations. I'm too concerned with saying the right thing, and it just exudes weirdness.

- On the other hand, I can also be incredibly cold and mean, but I've been working on that.

- I'm lazy. Like, super lazy. That should really be the first thing on the list.

- I'm self-pitying. I mean, I know I have it good, but it's just so easy to say, "Fuck my life."

- I'm judgmental. I've really, really been trying not to judge people, and I distinctly remember not being this way as a kid, but it's hard. I am trying, though, because I hate being like this.

2. What are your top five priorities in life?

I really have none, to be honest. I guess...trying to manufacture a social life is kind of my top priority at the moment, followed by school. Oh, who am I kidding. My internet addiction is my top priority. Not top five, I know, but I don't really think about my life's priorities much.

3. Which animals do you most identify with and why?

Cats, I think. Happy to be alone, but also crave affection and attention. Take joys in the simple pleasures. Proud. Really wishes to just sleep almost every day away.

4. If you were paid to kill someone, how much is your price to kill them and how would you do it?

A part of me wants to say ten billion dollars. Another part wants to say I'd do it for love, or maybe a way to fix things in my life that are irreperably broken. But in truth, I don't think that if I were actually in the situation, I could truly take a human life. I mean, I feel a small pang when I see an ant drowning - a human life...I think my life would be over. I don't like permanent change. I'm a creature of habit - if it can't be undone, I can't do it.

Ah, but how I would do it! That's a very different question. Let's see...I suppose it would depend on the person and how it could most believably be portrayed as an accident or framing it on someone else. Poison might be good, but that's always dicey - if it doesn't work, you're probably fucked, and if you use something too obscure, chances are you might be found. But other methods can get messy. I guess try to lure the person into a camera-less place where they're alone, and slit their throat. Or maybe go all Dexter on their ass. The main thing is to avoid evidence, of course. Y'know, all that stuff we learn on cop shows.

5. Do you hold grudges? Do you want to get over it, get even, or get ahead?

Yes. I absolutely hold grudges. Oh, they often last no more than a week, but they're also often over stupid things. I have no desire to ever get over it. Sometimes I want to get even or get ahead - usually payback is a wonderful feeling, although sometimes just getting the opportunity to tell them what a shitty fuck they are is enough to help ease my anger.

6. How do you go about achieving what you want?

Sit around and wish for it to happen. Uh, no. I dunno, I guess I usually look up the typical method to achieving it and go that route. If it fails, I often just shrug it off. Not much of an ambitious one here.

7. If you were captured by an enemy, what would you do?

I'm not sure. Probably curl up in a ball and cry.

8. What do you do with captured enemies?

I'd probably lock them away somewhere with a fair amount of amenities, but where I wouldn't have to interact with them. I can often be quite gullible - wouldn't want them tricking me. Unless my enemies are evil demon monsters. Then no amenities for them.

9. What do you want people to think about you?

I want them to like me. I mean, I don't necessarily want to be best friends with everyone because in general I prefer to be alone or with close friends, but overall I'd like to be liked. There was a time in my life when a lot of people hated me or at least thought I was a freak, and I've spent the years since then trying to undo anything about me that made them feel that way.

10. What do you think of honor?

It's a horse. No, that's an overdone joke. I don't know...just don't be overly proud I guess, or you'll look down on others. It's one of those things I'm rather meh about, I suppose.

11. What is your greatest fear?

None in particular. I find that when I'm too immersed in a social situation with strangers, I kind of panic. But in general, nothing in particular wigs me out more than anything else. See a spider, step on it. Growling dog, back away. Standing on a cliff, just don't lean over. Yeah, that stuff is freaky, but like I said, none more so than any other.

Round One: Test Two

1. My intelligence. This is relatively self-explanatory

2. My lack of morals, which allows me to achieve my goals with maximum efficiency

3. I am good at manipulating people into doing things for me, and removing blame from myself

4. I am good at critically thinking. This is relatively self-explanatory

5. I can make decisions without emotions influencing them. This is also self-explanatory.

I don't consider these bad, but most people would, and I can't think of any that I find negative.

1. I am very greedy

2. I am incredibly selfish

3. I have a hair trigger temper

4. I get bored easily, and need constant stimulation

5. I hold grudges for a long time

1. Go to university, and get a bachelor's degree in history

2. Go to Law school, and get a master's degree in law

3. Get a job in a law firm

4. Make a lot of money

5. Become powerful, likely through politics

Probably a tiger. They are independent animals, and are successful predators. Tigers are very adaptable, with different subspecies of tigers, such as the Bengal tiger and the Siberian tiger, living in very different climates and terrain.

If you were paid to kill someone, how much is your price to kill them and how would you do it?

It depends on who I have to kill, and how I am supposed to kill them. If I have to kill someone high profile and make it look like an accident, it is going to cost a lot more. But for the average person, with no specific way of killing them, it would be around $500-$1000, depending on how much I need the money.

I hold grudges, and when I have the chance and the means, I will do everything in my power to ruin them.

Whatever way gets it done the most efficiently.

Give them all of the information that they want, and try to join their side.

If they are a high profile captive, I would psychologically torture them into giving me information, and then ransom them back. There would likely be no evidence of torture, so there likely won't be any lasting enmity. If they aren't high profile, then I would physically torture them to get information, and when they gave all of the information up, I would execute them.

That I am not a person who should be messed with, and that they will regret it if they do.

I think it is a ridiculous concept, that makes it harder to achieve your goals, and make yourself more powerful. Ruthless methods are the only correct methods for efficiently achieving your goals.

I don't really have a fear, but if I had to pick something, it would be a fear of death.

Round One: Test Three

• I'm a social person. I'm an easy speaker to everyone, men or woman, old or young. I know a lot about a lot of different subjects so I have enough topics of discussion, almost never having to deal with a silent moment. I'm sure it is my families genes because we are all like this (on my fathers side, that is).
  • I'm a witty person. In a sarcastic and cynic kind of way. I know it's strange to say this about my self, but I consider myself funny (from time to time). I can easily make people laugh, and I suppose that's a good attribute.
  • I'm an intelligent person. This one is closely connected to my first attribute, as it enhances my conversations due to my amount of knowledge varying from subject to subject. I'm currently in high school, but I will go to University next year.
  • I'm a realistic thinker. I look at things in a realstic way, as opposed to being optimistic or pessimistic all the time.
  • I'm a learner. Whenever something interests me I can spend hours on the internet reading about it (Iran/Israeli conflict, Freemasonry, USA politics, Noetic science, just to name a few).

• I say things before I think them through, like Tyrion, getting me into trouble a lot (or helping me out of it). I usually say what I mean instead of saying the same in fancy words. My friends like me because of that, but I'm sure some people are really annoyed by me because of that.
  • I don't like to sport myself, hence me being a little bit chubby. I know it's bad because it's important to stay in shape, but I don't really give a damn about it. I solve my problems with my tongue, not with my physique.
  • I'm impatient. When I want something to happen, I want it done now.
  • I'm lazy. When someone wants something done, I'll tell them to wait.
  • I'm a negative person. I suppose this is the bad side of being a sarcast and a cynic, because I tend to be negative (not pessimistic, there's a difference) about a lot of things (except when I really love it; ASOIAF).

• Doing what I want, whenever I want it. I'm not going to change what I want because someone else pushes me to do something else, I am not a person to put pressure on, because it won't work (except torture, I suppose).
  • Love and be loved. I don't want to be an asshole, which I difficult from time to time due to my sarcasme and cynisme. But it's important for me to know that there are people out there that like me and think about me. But then again, I think everyone wants this.
  • A good job. I'm studying hard to get a good job later. I don't know what poverty is, due to my origins, but I certainly don't want to find out. And due to my study I hope I can assure a good job in the future (eventhough nothing is certain in this world).
  • Family. Close relatives are very important to me. I don't have any brothers of sisters but I'm really close with my grandmother and a cousin of mine. I think it's one of the most important things in live.
  • Expanding my knowledge. I hate stupid people. I really do.

This is a though one. I'd say a cat: not giving a fuck about anything or anyone, doing whatever I want and being clean (very clean).

It either has to be a personal vendetta (murder on a friend or family member) or something regarding national security, otherwise I wouldn't kill anyone for money, simply because I think I wouldn't be able to pull the tringer or swing to sword as Ned would say.

I would say no, but there are a few people that have done horrible things to my family and I will never forgive them. But other than that I forgive easily.

I'll do anything in my power to achieve what I want, as long as it is within the boundries of the law and not hurting someone.

Probably beg for mercy, be scared and hope I make it out a live.

As I said earlier, I'm easy with forgiving people so I think I would release them if they do not seem to be of any danger to me, my family or my country.

I want people to think I'm kind, witty and intelligent. That's important, because that's who I am.

Honor is important. I'm almost Ned Stark as it comes to honor. I wouldn't do anything that isn't honorouble (I don't lie, steal or any of the kind, for example).

It's a cliché, but losing the people I love and care about is my greatest fear. And eventhough my grandmother is only 69 and healthy I'm she's the first one I'm goine to lose, and I dread that moment, I really do.

Oh, and spiders, I hate spiders and other bugs and insects.

Deadline for sorting these three applications is midday (Greenwich time) on Thursday (I am on a train at this point, so may be later...)

Round One: Test Two

1. My intelligence. This is relatively self-explanatory

2. My lack of morals, which allows me to achieve my goals with maximum efficiency

3. I am good at manipulating people into doing things for me, and removing blame from myself

4. I am good at critically thinking. This is relatively self-explanatory

5. I can make decisions without emotions influencing them. This is also self-explanatory.

I don't consider these bad, but most people would, and I can't think of any that I find negative.

1. I am very greedy

2. I am incredibly selfish

3. I have a hair trigger temper

4. I get bored easily, and need constant stimulation

5. I hold grudges for a long time

If it were a "looking for a partner post", I would so very much take it :lol: It might bet not boring for at least a day or two. However I vote this almost to the house Frey. :rolleyes:

Test One

I have no idea where to put this one, I really don't. Aiming toward Arryn.

Test Two

Targaryen madness? Yes. A Targaryen, no doubt. Could be a Frey or Bolton too...

Test Three

A lovely Tully, it seems.

Sorry for the short explanations, I'm busy with school but I wanted to post this anyway.

I'm not sure about the others, but I would maybe put test one into House Arryn.

I really have none, to be honest. I guess...trying to manufacture a social life is kind of my top priority at the moment

Sit around and wish for it to happen. Uh, no. I dunno, I guess I usually look up the typical method to achieving it and go that route. If it fails, I often just shrug it off. Not much of an ambitious one here.

This kind of reminds me how the Arryns are isolated and keep to themselves and want no part in the WoTFK.

- I'm loyal.

- I'm generally pretty good at assessing a situation objectively. Like, I can acknowledge when I'm doing something wrong and typically won't try to justify it. In other words, I'm honest about myself.

- I try to be generous (though it depends - I can be selfish at some times and more generous at others).

From the little we know of Jon Arryn, this could very well be much what he was like. He was Hand of the King and he seemed like a good, generous man who Robert and Ned looked up to and thought highly of.

I'm not sure about the others, but I would maybe put test one into House Arryn.

I really have none, to be honest. I guess...trying to manufacture a social life is kind of my top priority at the moment

This kind of reminds me how the Arryns are isolated and keep to themselves and want no part in the WoTFK.

- I'm loyal.

From the little we know of Jon Arryn, this could very well be much what he was like. He was Hand of the King and he seemed like a good, generous man who Robert and Ned looked up to and thought highly of.

I thought Arryns at first too, but then I sensed a little bit of Baratheon too. Not sure, not sure.

Test One: Stark (over Arryn)

Test Two: Taragaryen (they imagine things about themselves :lol:)

Test Three: Tully

EDIT: I think the sortings should happen faster - 48 hours at the most. 24 - the better.

Maybe, we'll see. I just want everyone to feel like they've had their applications looked at and considered properly. We're a small community compared to most Sorting communities, where you might expect up to 100 replies.

I will reserve judgement for now because I have been too busy reading about the Industrial Revolution to properly read them.

I disagree with putting test Two in House Targaryen. Test Two is House Lannister in my book. The answers are oozing with arrogance and Lannister-like pride.

My lack of morals, which allows me to achieve my goals with maximum efficiency

. A major Targaryen trait is self-righteousness and this person cleary is not.

I am good at manipulating people into doing things for me, and removing blame from myself

I am good at critically thinking. This is relatively self-explanatory

I can make decisions without emotions influencing them. This is also self-explanatory.

How is this not Lannister?

I hold grudges, and when I have the chance and the means, I will do everything in my power to ruin them.

A Lannister always pays his debts.

Make a lot of money

Become powerful, likely through politics

This is relatively self-explanatory.

Their attributes may be "self-explanatory", but placing them in House Lannister is self-explanatory in my view. :smug:

I'm still unsure about Test Three.

Oh and after you've finished your wonderful debates, would you mind putting the House you've decided on for each in bold so it doesn't take me an age to count them :-)

(Trots off to edit Post One with said new rule...)

Test two screamed Lannister at me the whole time.

Test one seems to be a Stark to me, but I could see Arryn as well.

As for three. It read as very hedonistic to me, "doing what I want when I want" so I'm leaning Tyrell based on that.

Archived