THE ULTIMATE FIRE AND ICE STORY. ASHAAI =- FEMALE AND FIRE; FAR NORTH OTHERS - MALE AND ICE

Quiet Isle

I know that GRRM has said this "world" he created is a sphere. If you cut out the maps we have, add a little north for the far north and add a little south and east, then wrap it around a golfball, the worlds connect (except for maybe the shadowlands). What if ASSHAI is the female fire aspect, and the MALE OTHERS live in the far far north as representatives of ICE. NOW WE'RE TALKING. and Asshai and the Far North would potentially connect.

THE ULTIMATE FIRE AND ICE STORY. ASHHAI =- FEMALE AND FIRE FAR NORTH OTHERS - MALE AND ICE. Since their love cannot be consummated without extinguishing their fire identities, they have to have human sons to raise together.

and now, why?' why craster's sons. Some folks have said it might be because the Females demand the sons to produce more OTHERS. and hence we have humans and gods mating like Greek myth.

All this thread has made me want to do is print out the maps and put them on a globe, just for the craic.

Edit: In all seriousness, I`m for the theory that beyond Asshai and the Shadow is somehow connected physically to the Land of Always Winter. Even if it is this chasm-esque wasteland that stretches for leagues.

I`m not sure where you`re getting this male/female division from. The Others are explicitly inhuman. We have no idea what`s beyond Asshai. I understand the temptation to associate Asshai with females, given the only characters we know to have visited/been/lived there are Mel and MMD (to my knowledge) but I really don`t think it`s all that a mysterious and one-sided place.

Also, to what end are these female aspects mating with humans for?

*Edited for seriousness.

Er, no.

Asshai is about 6,000 miles south-east of Westeros. Nowhere near enough to wrap around the globe (Martin's world is larger than Earth, and even if it were the same size it would need to be 20,000+ miles away to be in that position) and not in a geographic position to physically link up to the Lands of Always Winter.

Archived