TTTNE 367 - Mustaches and Politicians

Fragile Bird

I thought it mostly English, but not unknown in Australia, dont know about the US

I think it depends whose TV you get, we get a lot of British TV and American TV

Americans do say that and get it :)

My cousins are fond of saying 'I mustache you a question' too.

Ok thanks! I think I have only heard it on British TV. We get a lot of both American and British TV here, and I guess that's why many swedes including myself have a weird mixed English.

Mailed my vote in a little over a week ago. It doesn't matter though, the candidate I didn't choose is going to win my state so I could have just saved the postage money.

The electoral college is such a shitty system.

Mailed my vote in a little over a week ago. It doesn't matter though, the candidate I didn't choose is going to win my state so I could have just saved the postage money.

The electoral college is such a shitty system.

You think so?(If we are talking about the same candidate). I threw my vote in, but if that is so, this will be the first time I vote where the one I chose did not win my state. <_<

If you have time, can you go to the House Sorting Thread? There aren't very many opinions this round....

I just casted my own vote there. :cool4: Why so curious St. Arya? :leer:

Welcome Alex Blake! You change your last names a lot. :P

So, my fever is broken and I'm no longer sleeping 18-20 hours a day, but now I have no voice and an upper respiratory infection. I'm so glad I'm giving exams today and tomorrow. There's literally no way I could lecture right now. I don't think I've ever actually really lost lost my voice before.

Well, that was easy. In and out lickety-split.

Wish my vote for president actually mattered. Oh well, that's what I get for living my whole life in a red state. At least I get to have a say in my local races.

The local issues were really important to me this time around. We had same sex marriage on the ballot as well as expanded gambling and a few other things. the same sex marriage was pretty much tied in the last polls I saw, so I think every vote for it will count.

I was looking at my ballot when I finished and had to laugh. I was all over the place with the different things, liberal on this, conservative on that, in the middle on another. :lol:

Attn Texas Roadhouse Lovers!

The ones here are giving free appetizers to anyone with a "I voted" sticker, see if yours is too and get some free yummies!!

I'm in WI which I've heard may/may not be a swing state.. Still very excited and nervous...

Chelly- :leer: ;) I am just curious by nature.. Also reading your response about your modesty made me snort water out my nose laughing!!

You think so?(If we are talking about the same candidate). I threw my vote in, but if that is so, this will be the first time I vote where the one I chose did not win my state. <_<

I just casted my own vote there. :cool4: Why so curious St. Arya? :leer:

Welcome Alex Blake! You change your last names a lot. :P

Man, I'm super sleepy. Got caught up watching episodes of Syfy's imported show Lost Girl. Was surprised that underneath the cheesecake factor there's a decent show...though part of this I suspect is me thinking a lot about fey and White Wolf games recently.

The local issues were really important to me this time around. We had same sex marriage on the ballot as well as expanded gambling and a few other things. the same sex marriage was pretty much tied in the last polls I saw, so I think every vote for it will count.

I was looking at my ballot when I finished and had to laugh. I was all over the place with the different things, liberal on this, conservative on that, in the middle on another. :lol:

The only "issue" on our ballot this time was a state constitutional amendment to keep hunting and fishing legal in the state. So dumb. I can't believe people actually spent time drafting such an amendment.

I was awake at 3:30 this morning. Went to sleep too early last night, but I was so tired from 1) exerising, 2) cutting out the junk food, 3) cutting out the Coke*. I need to make sure I stay up past 10 tonight but not sure I will be able to.

*to be completely honest, I do have one when I get to work, but that is it

The only "issue" on our ballot this time was a state constitutional amendment to keep hunting and fishing legal in the state. So dumb. I can't believe people actually spent time drafting such an amendment.

we had lots of good stuff on ours: in state tution for illegal aliens, making certain judges be members of the bar (I knew that "sober as a judge saying had to be false :P ) expanding gambling, gay marriage, new districts, ok, so I can't remember the other 2 (there might have been a couple of the judge/member of the bar ones)

On my way home, a good day at work, got loads of stuff done. Yay me :)

What to do with the rest of today? *ponders* Read a bit of course. Check info on the election. And eugh got to book a bank meeting... Don't enjoy those.

I have news from Quoth

he is alive and well

Awww! Thanks! So sweet of you to worry! But, we're OK here. Entire town lost power and heat for the week, but it's mostly restored now. Made life a bit primitive for a while but our area was mostly shielded by Staten Island which took the brunt of the storm. And the destruction, while significant, was nothing compared to what happened farther south to the Jersy shore. I'll check in on the board soon to let folks know I'm still kicking. :)

Luv ya!

Good evening everyone. Does Guy Fawkes count as a mustachioed politician? I think he does.

Happy voting to our Americans and cudos to Lany's voting pattern. Looks like someone likes to think by herself :)

Archived