This Small Question Thing

Angalin

This is crackpot, but I only just thought of it there and currently have no evidence so I`m not starting a thread for it. Need to get it out there though cause I`ve seen nothing on it.

This is assuming Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, Lyanna and Rhaegar did have a child and Ned also had a child with Ashara (I`m not sure of the logistics of any of this). Is it possible that Jon is actually Ned`s bastard and fAegon is actually the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, taken by Ned from the ToJ to Ashara who then brought it across it Essos?

This is crackpot, but I only just thought of it there and currently have no evidence so I`m not starting a thread for it. Need to get it out there though cause I`ve seen nothing on it.

This is assuming Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, Lyanna and Rhaegar did have a child and Ned also had a child with Ashara (I`m not sure of the logistics of any of this). Is it possible that Jon is actually Ned`s bastard and fAegon is actually the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, taken by Ned from the ToJ to Ashara who then brought it across it Essos?

These are not new theories. Most who do not agree with R+L=J speculate that Ashara is the mother of Ned's bastard, Jon. A search will bring up the relevant threads, but checking out current and past R+L=J threads will likely show how this idea can be discredited. Young Griff being the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar is also frequent topic of discussion. A search will bring up relevant threads on this theory, but I'm sorry to say that the evidence against this is pretty strong.

These are not new theories. Most who do not agree with R+L=J speculate that Ashara is the mother of Ned's bastard, Jon. A search will bring up the relevant threads, but checking out current and past R+L=J threads will likely show how this idea can be discredited. Young Griff being the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar is also frequent topic of discussion. A search will bring up relevant threads on this theory, but I'm sorry to say that the evidence against this is pretty strong.

That`s unfortunate, I really liked the idea of him being Lyanna`s son. Ah well. Yeah, I tried searching but to no avail. Will try again.

I meant, did Jonos and Tytos put aside their pity squabbling because of their loyalty to Hoster or had their not been a main point of contention between Tytos and Jonos until/after Robert's Rebellion?

I would say that they were honor bound to follow the Tullys. And I think it is quite evident that they do love and respect their liege lords.

Also. I'm sure word got out about Robert Baratheon handily defeating some of his Bannermen, as well as Jon Arryn doing the same.

Isnt Septa Lemore too old to be Ashara Dayne? In ADWD she is over 40. Even with the time progression this still makes her several years older than Ashara Dayne would be. If we are going with the evidence that she had given birth, stretch marks dont happen early in a pregnancy. You'd almost have to have a stillbirth. I dont understand this theory at all - there is not only no evidence for it there is evidence against it and missing evidence that ought to be there

Just a courtesy title.

Grand Maester Pycelle did not disappoint her. “Lord Qyburn?” he managed, purpling. “Your Grace, this... a maester swears sacred vows, to hold no lands or lordships...”

“Your Citadel took away his chain,” Cersei reminded him. “If he is not a maester, he cannot be held to a maester’s vows. We called the eunuch lord as well, you may recall.”

The same thing happened with Bloodraven:

“His Grace should have made my father Hand. He’s his brother, and the finest battle commander in the realm since Uncle Baelor died. Lord Bloodraven’s not even a real lord, that’s just some stupid courtesy. He’s a sorcerer, and baseborn besides."

I can`t find a single thread about R+L=YG. I must be using the search wrong.

I was just wondering... if both Cersei and Margaery as Queens need to have a memeber of the Kingsguard represent them in a trial by combat, how is it Cersei was able to have Gregor Clegane fight for her/Joffrey against Oberyn? Have I missed something here?

I was just wondering... if both Cersei and Margaery as Queens need to have a memeber of the Kingsguard represent them in a trial by combat, how is it Cersei was able to have Gregor Clegane fight for her/Joffrey against Oberyn? Have I missed something here?

She was not on trial, Tyrion was. Gregor was the champion of the crown that was judging him.

And Cersei and Margaery champion will not fight each other, they will fight champion of the church.

A very trivial linguistic question. Has anyone ever considered the usage of the term 'Westerosi'? I understand it to be an adjective meaning 'of Westeros', or a noun, used both in the singular and plural to mean 'an inhabitant or inhabitants of Westeros, or someone whose ancestors came from Westeros.'

As the word, with its -i ending, sounds slightly exotic to an English speaker, I have assumed it is a High Valyrian term, and one which may not have an exact equivalent in the Common Tongue. Someone from Westeros might refer to himself as coming from the Seven Kingdoms, or identify himself as a Dornishman, Ironborn, Northerner etc. In the same way, an American once called me a Britisher, a term which no-one from the UK would ever use except in jest.

The point I want to make is that Tyrion's POV during the slave auction refers to Westerosi in the audience, and the usage immediately struck me as peculiar. Unless of course Tyrion, being an educated High Valyrian speaker, is beginning to think in that language.

My question is, can anyone remember a character from Westeros, speaking to a fellow subject of the Seven Kingdoms, using the term Westerosi to describe themselves?

I don't know what language it cames from, but I imagine it would be used in the same way, in which most americans use the words "european" and "asian" - it's just an outsider's point of view that doesn't account for the regional division of the Westerosi society.

My question is, can anyone remember a character from Westeros, speaking to a fellow subject of the Seven Kingdoms, using the term Westerosi to describe themselves?

I can't actively remember, but yay for kindle search function.

In Dance, it returns slightly over 40 uses of the word "Westerosi". I checked the first 15. As it's a word that's more important when conversing with foreigners, of course some of them involved non-Westerosi. But over half of them actually didn't. They were:

• Danaerys, thinking to herself
  • Aegon to Haldon
  • Barristan to Dany
  • Tyrion, to himself
  • Jon Con, to himself
  • Quentyn, to himself
  • Quentyn, again to himself
  • Quentyn, again to himself
  • Dick Straw to the three Dornishmen

I assume it's the standard word for people from Westeros. Westerosi themselves often like to distinguish finer, but they will use it if they're generally talking about people from their continent.

(And it actually doesn't sound that strange a demonym to my ears).

Archived