This Small Question Thing

Angalin

If Jon had his father's features instead of his mother's would Jon had be raised as a Dayne bastard instead of a Stark? The Daynes do seem to have similar features to the Targarayens. If Jon looked like a Targaryen instead of a Stark it would have been much harder for Ned to pass him off as his own.

EDIT :

Further thought if Jon did have Targ features would Ned have pretended that Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother?

This came up a while back, but I don't think it ever got answered.

On the wiki (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Tyrell) it refers to Harlen Tyrell as "hereditary high steward of the Reach" but doesn't provide a source for that specific title, and I can only ever find him referred to as the generic 'steward' title elsewhere. Is there something I've missed or is this a wiki error?

Isnt Septa Lemore too old to be Ashara Dayne? In ADWD she is over 40. Even with the time progression this still makes her several years older than Ashara Dayne would be. If we are going with the evidence that she had given birth, stretch marks dont happen early in a pregnancy. You'd almost have to have a stillbirth. I dont understand this theory at all - there is not only no evidence for it there is evidence against it and missing evidence that ought to be there

We have a known poor age-guesser's guess that Lemore is over 40. Ashara's best estimated age is likely to be fairly close to 40, if not quite there. Ashara Dayne is reported to have had a stillbirth...

There is a whole lot more.

And no, there is no credible evidence against it. None. The age thing is all guesswork, the eye colour is simply ignored by the text, and is as much evidence for as against, the suicide story wa always dubious and unconfirmed, even in the telling, and everything else fits perfectly.

It's all we have. That doesnt count as evidence she is Lemore.

A basic search should turn up multiple threads to read. There is really a lot of evidence that connects Ashara and Lemore, though its still not conclusive (how much is, really?)

This came up a while back, but I don't think it ever got answered.

On the wiki (http://awoiaf.wester...hp/House_Tyrell) it refers to Harlen Tyrell as "hereditary high steward of the Reach" but doesn't provide a source for that specific title, and I can only ever find him referred to as the generic 'steward' title elsewhere. Is there something I've missed or is this a wiki error?

Stewards were hereditary titles in some cases in the Middle Ages.

there is a lot of talk of bran never leaving the cave, mainly due to bloodrave being rooted in, i know its not really a small question but does he necessarilly have to stay there, how long is our best guess that his warging/greenseeing trainiing will take?

Judging by how there will be no 5 years time jump, and the prowess of Arya's training, It wouldn't surprise me that t would go really fast, in fact he had already accomplished a lot and went a little bit farther than BR himself on certain abilities. Nevertheless, more to your real question, he is a cripple, his real "use" is his mind, which seems to be enhanced in the cave, so my guess is that he will remain there, and interact with the rest of the characters via greenseeing. imo

If Jon had his father's features instead of his mother's would Jon had be raised as a Dayne bastard instead of a Stark? The Daynes do seem to have similar features to the Targarayens. If Jon looked like a Targaryen instead of a Stark it would have been much harder for Ned to pass him off as his own.

EDIT :

Further thought if Jon did have Targ features would Ned have pretended that Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother?

I think this is EXACTLY why Ned allowed the Ashara rumor to persist, at least in the South (as opposed to Winterfell where he shut it off). So if Jon did grow up to have some Targ features, people would attribute them to a Dayne mother and not a Targ father. When it became clear that Jon looked like a Stark, then Ned was able to put more emphasis on the Wylla rumor.

Hey everyone -

Sorry that this is mildly annoying, but you know how there's one particular ongoing R+L=J conversation and it's on like the 34th new thread? Anyone know where the first of those is? I keep searching and I find R+L=J v.2 and all the rest pretty easily, and then I find other threads on the topic but not ones that are in succession with the main one. Thanks.

Hey everyone -

Sorry that this is mildly annoying, but you know how there's one particular ongoing R+L=J conversation and it's on like the 34th new thread? Anyone know where the first of those is? I keep searching and I find R+L=J v.2 and all the rest pretty easily, and then I find other threads on the topic but not ones that are in succession with the main one. Thanks.

It may have been archived, or something, I don't know. I wouldn't sweat it, though — most of the arguments keep getting repeated over and over. If it was in the first thread, it's also in the second, third, fourth, fifth ... nth.

Its a coin, a gold Dragon. I guess the significants is that having it on the cover has dual meanning. Stannis search for coin, and Dany/her dragons.

"A Dance with Dragons" is easily the most layered title we've had. It just works on so many different levels. You have the literal dragons, the Targaryens (not just Dany and "Aegon," but also Jon, Bloodraven and even Stannis) and the financial aspect — gold dragons.

"A Dance with Dragons" is easily the most layered title we've had. It just works on so many different levels. You have the literal dragons, the Targaryens (not just Dany and "Aegon," but also Jon, Bloodraven and even Stannis) and the financial aspect — gold dragons.

And Quentyn trying to dance wiith dragons :).

I just reread the last Barristan chapter where he has the chat with the Big Man and Drink and when he propose them to tell the Tattered Prince that he'll give him Pentos if he frees the hostages and join them, Arch says: "Tatters and Rags won't have it. They are more like to imprison us". I think it's a mistake but isn't Tatters and Rags one person, i.e. The Tattered Prince? Unless I missed something...

Archived