This Small Question Thing

Angalin

Where does it say Bronze Yohn beat Ned and Ser Rodrick at Winterfell? I've seen that thrown about on these boards but never in the books.

In Feast, a Sansa pov.

Though his hair was grey and his face lined, Lord Yohn still looked as though he could break most younger men like twigs in those huge gnarled hands. His seamed and solemn face brought back all of Sansa’s memories of his time at Winterfell. She remembered him at table, speaking quietly with her mother. She heard his voice booming off the walls when he rode back from a hunt with a buck behind his saddle. She could see him in the yard, a practice sword in hand, hammering her father to the ground and turning to defeat Ser Rodrik as well.

The best bows are made of the golden wood from the Summer Isles. The Summer Islanders are probably the best archers in my world

http://www.westeros....SSM/Entry/1174/

However that contradicts Game, where we're told generally that dragonbone can outperform wood bows, and Dance, where we're specifically told dragonbone is better than goldenheart.

Where does it say Bronze Yohn beat Ned and Ser Rodrick at Winterfell? I've seen that thrown about on these boards but never in the books.

From Sansa's memory of him visiting Winterfell: She could see him in the yard, a practice sword in hand, hammering her father to the ground and turning to defeat Ser Rodrik as well.

However that contradicts Game, where we're told generally that dragonbone can outperform wood bows, and Dance, where we're specifically told dragonbone is better than goldenheart.

From Sansa's memory of him visiting Winterfell: She could see him in the yard, a practice sword in hand, hammering her father to the ground and turning to defeat Ser Rodrik as well.

You're right. Guess he changed his mind.

Better than these were the big yew long-bows borne by the archers of Westerosi blood, and best of all were the great bows of goldenheart treasured by Black Balaq himself and his fifty Summer Islanders. Only a dragonbone bow could outrange one made of goldenheart.

Archived