This Small Question Thing

Angalin

I recall Aemon (?) saying that dragons are gender-neutral, so I suppose there's a future for the dragons. I will try to find the source when I get home (if I don't forget about it).

To be precise, Aemon said dragons' gender was unstable, they could and would quickly switch to and fro. Don't remember the actual words, but some comparison with the candlelight flickering or some such may have been made.

Has George given new information out that the Targs and Daynes are interbred? Because it's something I've seen asserted in a bunch of recent topics but I don't recall coming across in the past. I've always understand that the Daynes just happen to have Valyrian-type looks (whilst allowing for the possibility an unknown Valyrian descendant may have married into the Daynes) but now I am wondering if there is something in SSM that makes a Targ-Dayne marriage a fact.

I recall Aemon (?) saying that dragons are gender-neutral, so I suppose there's a future for the dragons. I will try to find the source when I get home (if I don't forget about it).

Dragons undergo gender transition. Males become females and vice versa; think Jurassic Park where some of the dinosaurs who were all made female, successfully changed into males.

Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame.

Has George given new information out that the Targs and Daynes are interbred? Because it's something I've seen asserted in a bunch of recent topics but I don't recall coming across in the past. I've always understand that the Daynes just happen to have Valyrian-type looks (whilst allowing for the possibility an unknown Valyrian descendant may have married into the Daynes) but now I am wondering if there is something in SSM that makes a Targ-Dayne marriage a fact.

The only thing about Daynes and Targs, is in SSM. IMO it is the biggest question mark ever on a answer he has given.

It was a 2 part question, the second being do the Daynes have any Targ blood in them, and he started off saying he have to check his notes, he did not know off hand, then went on to answer the first part of the question. Then He said that the Daynes did not have any Valyrian blood in them. He never said Targs.

Does Robb naming Jon as his heir count as Robb legitimising him as a Stark?

Part of naming him heir involved legitimizing Jon:

He is set on this. Catelyn knew how stubborn her son could be. “A bastard cannot inherit.”

“Not unless he’s legitimized by a royal decree,” said Robb. “There is more precedent for that than for releasing a Sworn Brother from his oath.”

Nothing new has come forward. To quote GRRM "Elizabeth Taylor had purple eyes and she's not a Targaryean." I believe this is George's way of telling us were putting too much stock into eye/hair coloring. Maybe everyone's a secret Targ, maybe no one is, but for now nothing is certain and only time and 2 (3?) more novels will tell.

Having said that...the Daynes are the most mysterious family in Westeros. We know so little about them that it almost seems like he has to be guarding them to conceal something down the road. I personally dont think its a relation to the Targs.

Hi, I have twoo small questions, firt if anyone could tell me if you remember actually seeing Melisandre eat something? Perhaps at the prologue of Clash? and also if anyone knows where do goats go?

You never see her eat, no. A few people — me included — suspect that she might actually be dead or undead.

Hi, I have two small questions, first if anyone could tell me if you remember actually seeing Melisandre eat something? Perhaps at the prologue of Clash? and also if anyone knows where do goats go?

Well she thinks to herself that she does eat but only so people don't freak out.

Food. Yes, I should eat. Some days she forgot. R’hllor provided her with all the nourishment her body needed, but that was something best concealed from mortal men.

Though she does needs liquids.

“Devan,” she called, “a drink.” Her throat was raw and parched.

Is there any possibly that Melissandre's vision about a girl on a horse coming to the Wall, and that girl being Arya, will be correct in the future of ASoFaI?? I know the first time it was Alys Karstark, and then in the Winds of Winter spoiler Theon chapter it's implied Jeyne (fake Arya) is going to be sent to the Wall to Jon. I still think the real Ayra will find her way to the Wall (they do say third time is the charm, though I can't be sure it works in the world of Westeros, lol).

Is there any possibly that Melissandre's vision about a girl on a horse coming to the Wall, and that girl being Arya, will be correct in the future of ASoFaI?? I know the first time it was Alys Karstark, and then in the Winds of Winter spoiler Theon chapter it's implied Jeyne (fake Arya) is going to be sent to the Wall to Jon. I still think the real Ayra will find her way to the Wall (they do say third time is the charm, though I can't be sure it works in the world of Westeros, lol).

Alys was coming east of the kingsroad from Karhold. Her mount must have been pretty exhausted by then.

If Arya finds her way to the Wall it will be by ship.

Archived