This Small Question Thing

Angalin

IIRC it is when Renly seperates his army in ACOK. He takes his cavalry to meet Stannis at Storm's End while his infantry is at Bitterbridge. Catelyn in her POV thinks that Renly is much like Robert, that he is quite rash and head strong in command. However Robert had Ned who would've made sure Robert marched his entire army together and not separated his army.

Thank you, that's been itching at my brain for ages but I've been thinking it was in Feast or Dance.

I wonder if there have been any theories about the identity of Pretty Meris.

She's big, blonde and ugly. One of Brienne's sisters?

The many examples of warrior maids boggles the male mind.

Brienne is different because she is not sure who she is yet or how to be who she is.

But Ashara’s daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after,

So Ser Barristan loved Ashara Dayne. And Ashara couldn't have been Jon's mom.

Yes. Assuming that Barristan knows the truth.

I don't believe he was there for either event though (at least we have no indication so, and it would seem unlikely) so he knows only what he has heard from unknown sources.

so i was re-reading GoT, and i came across a paragraph in Dany's chapter where she walks into her tent to see her dragon's eggs. " for an instant a thousand droplets of scarlet flame swam before her eyes. she blinked and they were gone" to me this sounds a lot like Mel when she is looking into the flames and sees bloodraven in aDwD. Has this been discussed anywhere before? I just thought it was interesting.

Did the Freys exact a toll from Ned when his host marched south during Robert's Rebellion?

Ned would have collected Freys for the war if he had been near the Twins. He gets the nickname "The Late Lord Frey" because he did not participate in the rebellion even though being summoned by his Lord in Riverrun until after the fighting was done.

Ned would have collected Freys for the war if he had been near the Twins. He gets the nickname "The Late Lord Frey" because he did not participate in the rebellion even though being summoned by his Lord in Riverrun until after the fighting was done.

They owe Ned no fealty and Hoster Tully had not officially sided with the rebels at that point, so they had no obligation to do so.

Phillip Baratheon is right, they probably met the Vale host at a crossing further south that, in the modern conflict, Robb/Roose was not able to get to due to Tywin's host sitting on that side of the river.

They owe Ned no fealty and Hoster Tully had not officially sided with the rebels at that point, so they had no obligation to do so.Phillip Baratheon is right, they probably met the Vale host at a crossing further south that, in the modern conflict, Robb/Roose was not able to get to due to Tywin's host sitting on that side of the river.
Ned marched off to war after marrying Catelyn and Jon Arryn married Lysa. Presumably, he went to Winterfell to gather his tropps, while Hoster gathered troops at Riverrun. When Ned returned south, they certainly can link up before getting to the Battle of the Bells, and neither need pass through the Twins, because Riverrun is not under siege and there is no blockade of troops on the King's Road to oppose them.

Ned marched off to war after marrying Catelyn and Jon Arryn married Lysa. Presumably, he went to Winterfell to gather his tropps, while Hoster gathered troops at Riverrun. When Ned returned south, they certainly can link up before getting to the Battle of the Bells, and neither need pass through the Twins, because Riverrun is not under siege and there is no blockade of troops on the King's Road to oppose them.

Got it backwards. The double wedding takes place after the Battle of the Bells and Ned gathers his bannermen before the wedding. We know the former because Catelyn thinks of Jon Arryn needing a fertile wife because his heir had died there. We know the latter because Lord Dustin is in attendance at the wedding - Cat thinks of his behavior during the "bedding" during Edmure's wedding.

She and her sister had been married on the same day, and left in their father’s care when their new husbands had ridden off to rejoin Robert’s rebellion.

Lysa’s match with Lord Arryn had been hastily arranged, and Jon was an old man even then, older than their father. An old man without an heir. His first two wives had left him childless, his brother’s son had been murdered with Brandon Stark in King’s Landing, his gallant cousin had died in the Battle of the Bells.

Lysa’s match with Lord Arryn had been hastily arranged, and Jon was an old man even then, older than their father. An old man without an heir. His first two wives had left him childless, his brother’s son had been murdered with Brandon Stark in King’s Landing, his gallant cousin had died in the Battle of the Bells.

Obviously he had an heir. His name is Harry. Harry the Heir.

Don't flog me for asking, please, but... Any idea when WoW will come out, already?

Like, is Mr Martin already working on it? There seems a big number of chapters released already,

so I am hopeful it will come faster than the last one.

Now, please understand, I don't come here all too often, and I greatly respect Mr Martin.

I am just curious, because "sample chapter here, sample chapter there",

but the book is not listed anywhere yet. :)

Obviously he had an heir. His name is Harry. Harry the Heir.

Harry wasn't an Arryn though.

Jon Arryn's nephew and heir was with Brandon and killed at King's Landing long before this.

Elbert Arryn died with Brandon Stark at King's Landing before the war started. He was Jon's brother's son.

Denys Arryn was killed by Jon Connington at the Battle of the Bells. He was Jon's sister's daughters husband from a lesser branch of Arryn but he still had the name.

Archived