Best Storm of Swords chapters? (SPOILERS)

Pinkie Baelish

Since A Storm of Swords is pretty damn popular among readers of the series, I was just wondering what fellow readers regarded as the best chapters in the book. IMHO, the best ones are(note:includes spoilers):

-The Prologue

-The Red Wedding(duh). Also my pick as the best chapter in the entire book.

-Jaime telling Brienne why he killed Aerys

-Sandor vs Beric

-Tyrion's chapter at Joffrey's wedding

-Oberyn vs Gregor-my heart was pounding as I was reading this-the show HAS to do this scene justice

-Daenerys liberating the Unsullied

-Arya's Red Wedding chapter

-Jon defending the Wall against Mance

-Tyrion's escape from KL

Thoughts?

When Arya and Sandor, severely injured, are riding away from the Inn, and Arya looks back to see if anyone is chasing them, and there is a crow flitting from tree, to tree, after them. Is this Bloodraven? and is this why the EB finds Sandor and heals him?

I wasn't a big fan of the Red Wedding, largely because I was confused about what was taking place and who was attacking who until the end. There was a little too much subtelty surrounding the Rains of Castamere, imho. This means it doesn't make my top list.

1. Jaime's dream/saving Brienne

2. Jaime reuniting with Cersei. So long awaited - quite disturbing - but didn't disappoint

3. Jaime hot tub

4. Jaime rescuing Tyrion and Tywin not shitting gold

(onto the not Jaimes...)

5. Sansa's snow winterfell and the moon door

6. The Purple wedding, Tyrion POV

7. Mountain v Viper

I haven't finished it yet but there's an Arya chapter when she is still with Beric and his outlaws, they are on a hill somewhere and receive the visit of an old 'ghost', an old, frail woman, who gives them news about Robb. Then she (the ghost) sees Arya and freaks out. This is a great chapter, the atmosphere is very tense, very vivid, as well as supernatural, ghostly. Beautifully written IMO.

I haven't finished it yet but there's an Arya chapter when she is still with Beric and his outlaws, they are on a hill somewhere and receive the visit of an old 'ghost', an old, frail woman, who gives them news about Robb. Then she (the ghost) sees Arya and freaks out. This is a great chapter, the atmosphere is very tense, very vivid, as well as supernatural, ghostly. Beautifully written IMO.

Yeah, the Ghost of High Heart's dreams are actually really important in the future. You'll see what I mean when you finish the books and re-read this chapter.

so many great moments in this book:

Daeynerys freeing Astapor. I had goospumps 'Dracarys! Dracarys!' :bowdown:

The Red Wedding , unsurprisingly :read:

Beric vs. The Hound

Arya slaying the Tickler 'Is there GOLD in the village?' :lmao:

Oberyn vs. The Mountain. I could barely sit reading this

Sam slaying the Other

Joffrey's wedding

Tyrion killing his father

The Epilogue. was chilling

How can you forget all the Sansa chapters? I thought they were the most interesting along with Tyrion:

- with the queen of thorns

- the wedding with Tyrion

- the breakfast with the presants

- the flight after the wedding

- littlefinger tells his secrets at the cabin in the Fingers

and of course,

- the lysa arryn twist and death.

such great chapters! even if you don't like sansa as a character you have to admitt she's got some interesting stuff going on in books 2-3.

The defense of the Wall was breathtaking... I think those chapters were the best co with when Samwell kills the Other while defending the girl. And when Stannis suddenly makes the final stellar entrance? BRILLIANT.

Archived