US Politics Episode 6 - Return of the Prez

Stubby

Looking at the graphic, Obama's Appalachian problems just keep getting worse.

Yeah, those West Virginia numbers are getting really out of hand. There's going to come a point where those folks stop splitting their ticket and Republicans sweep the down ballot stuff (like what finally happened in Arkansas this year), but I just don't know when.

I figure the better AZ numbers are from McCain not on the ballot (and growing Hispanic turnout, as also seen in NM and CO) and the better southern OH numbers from the auto bailout, but I wonder what was going on in upstate New York? Its pretty much the only other place where the margins improved from last time.

That's pretty f-ing crazy. Not that I'm surprised. There's a prevalent self-hating attitude among blacks in the DR. I couldn't care less. It's his choice. If he wants to be another race, let him.

E2A: Looking into it. Apparently he's back to normal now and says it was an accident.

http://www.nypost.co...3Zv5QNg7kYuXbiP

So, any Republicans that put forth a ridiculously red prediction want to step in and explain how they expect anyone to believe that their policy positions are based on fact when their election predictions were clearly a fantasy?

Because, you know, it's not like the data wasn't available. It was out there, in plain language. The guy we told you to pay attention to (Florida pending but looking good) got every last state right. You chose it to ignore it and prop up nonsensical bullshit in its place.

Like you always do.

Can someone expain to me (in layman's terms) the redistricting of Arizona's 2nd and 8th Congressional districts and the two democrats (both incumbents) contesting the California 30th?

I don't know about Arizona, but in California this was because of a new primary system that was just put into effect in that state this year. In California all candidates now run in the same primary, and the top two vote getters in the primary move on to a general election runoff. Because of redistricting, the two Democratic incumbents were put into the same district. Both chose to run, and they were the top two vote getters in the primary, so they were the opponents in the general election.

whoever asked- writeins are real votes here. When I don't know or don't like the candidates (or small local things nobody is running for) I write someone in. One of my states judicial races offered only choices I hated for MN supreme court. So, I wrote Inigima in. Nobody was running for soil and water supervisor so I wrote in Fury Sr.

whoever asked- writeins are real votes here. When I don't know or don't like the candidates (or small local things nobody is running for) I write someone in. One of my states judicial races offered only choices I hated for MN supreme court. So, I wrote Inigima in. Nobody was running for soil and water supervisor so I wrote in Fury Sr.

Thanks for that. :)

It's an alien idea to me. We only ever put numbers on out ballots - even a tick makes it informal.

Archived