US Politics Episode 6 - Return of the Prez

Stubby

yet), I present this tumblr: whitepeoplemourningromney

beautiful.

The surviving teabaggers were strung from tumblr, and in the computer's light they hanged, like drowned men floating up from the deeps. And though years passed, none dared touch them. They sagged from the screens that fixed them, collapsed into heaps on the server. And to anyone who listened, the pixels would whisper a revelation...the secret of Election. Indomitable conviction. Unconquerable belief.

This thread has been moving so fast, have we heard much from the republicans on the board. To be honest, as a Canadian, i thought Romney was incompetent and a liar on every level, and Ryan is clearly a robot - but i felt sorry for Romney. He may have been an etch-a-sketch on most subjects, but i hate watching someone get so resoundly crushed. He was gracious in his defeat, and in a better world, the Republicans wouldn't have backed him into a corner of having to promise to out right the crazies.

This thread has been moving so fast, have we heard much from the republicans on the board. To be honest, as a Canadian, i thought Romney was incompetent and a liar on every level, and Ryan is clearly a robot - but i felt sorry for Romney. He may have been an etch-a-sketch on most subjects, but i hate watching someone get so resoundly crushed. He was gracious in his defeat, and in a better world, the Republicans wouldn't have backed him into a corner of having to promise to out right the crazies.

No. Don't believe we've heard from a single Republican since the election. Though if I'm fair, there aren't many that actually post in this thread.

We heard from Mcbigski, who claimed that the Republicans went wrong by moving away from the tea party this cycle. I may be mistaken though, as I was really just skimming through the hundreds of posts in this thread right after the election. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Per the Miami Herald, the Romney campaign has conceded Florida.

Also I heard on MSNBC that there's actually A LOT of ballots from New York, California, and Washington state that need to be counted. So at the final tally voter turnout will be down from 2008, but not by as much as it looked; and Obama will further extended his popular vote margin (which recently passed Bush's over Kerry).

And note, it appears House Democrats, barely, won the Congressional cumulative vote total and yet are still quite far from having a majority (looks a net of 7 seats when all's said and done); just goes to show the power of redistricting.

For those who haven't had their fill of schadenfreude (and holy hell I'm not even close yet), I present this tumblr: whitepeoplemourningromney

I can beat that. http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html?m=1

I love this guy's plan:

Step 1. Be a petty asshole to friends and family.

Step 2. Make a scene in public places

Step 3. ?

Step 4. Overthrow Obama administration

I think this might be the best thing I've found yet. Highly NSFW, but amazing.

Wow. That is hilarious.

I do remember feeling a lot of despair in 2004, though. And in all honesty, I did write an angry mass email (course, I was all of 23 at the time).

Nowhere near this level, however. And I was sober.

Saved me from having to go to the family reunion this year.

Ditto.

Per the Miami Herald, the Romney campaign has conceded Florida.

Also I heard on MSNBC that there's actually A LOT of ballots from New York, California, and Washington state that need to be counted. So at the final tally voter turnout will be down from 2008, but not by as much as it looked; and Obama will further extended his popular vote margin (which recently passed Bush's over Kerry).

And note, it appears House Democrats, barely, won the Congressional cumulative vote total and yet are still quite far from having a majority (looks a net of 7 seats when all's said and done); just goes to show the power of redistricting.

Redistricting means the Democrats need like a 4-5% advantage to just break even in the House last I heard.

Archived