Young Griff Casting -Spoilers For ADwD-

Aegon Targaryen VI

He's not that bad an actor, some of his more serious scenes were impressive and Merlin wasn't 'terrible' it was just too child friendly. It had the potential to be a great show...

In my opinion it was terrible, they had the chance to make an awesome show in a great universe instead it was a cheese fest from day 1. But that's just my opinion :)

In my opinion it was terrible, they had the chance to make an awesome show in a great universe instead it was a cheese fest from day 1. But that's just my opinion :)

Yeah, I agree with you on that- it was far too cheesy! I could actually go on a big rant about the potential it had but wasted. Although, I guess it was a BBC production. :)

Please note, this is NOT a call for Jamie Campbell-Bower he is simply not a strong enough actor, either in talent, or in physique for someone with years of military training. To say he's too old, whilst simultaneously being 2 years younger than his direct peers seems... silly

:agree: 100%. Dude was never up to the task, he's the worst Arthur I've ever seen. Bradley James from the adventures of Merlin was way better, and that says a lot because the adventures of Merlin was total shit (Camelots Guinevere on the other hand was very strong, a lot better than that poor excuse of a queen that Angel Coulby brought to the table).

Angel Coulby didn't fit her role physically or any other way. Colin Morgan was fantastic, IMO. Now back to topic I think Young Griff could be Harry Loyd with his happy face and shorter hair.

• 1 month later...

All of the above are great ideas, but, not to shooy you guys and gals dow, but you're assuming that the HBO would someone well known. With the exception of Sean Bean and some of the other older actors (older than 30), had you ever heard of Kit Harrington or Emilia Clarke before Game of Thrones aired in 2011. Apologies Anyway though.

I think it'd be fun to send in an audition tape or otherwise apply. Anyone know where to start?

I assume there's a general thread for audition inquiries somewhere, but I've yet to find it.

Yo: http://imgur.com/1BXCj54

Get an agent. That's the only way you would stand a chance. Also, if you're American you probably stand next to no chance.

All of the above are great ideas, but, not to shooy you guys and gals dow, but you're assuming that the HBO would someone well known. With the exception of Sean Bean and some of the other older actors (older than 30), had you ever heard of Kit Harrington or Emilia Clarke before Game of Thrones aired in 2011. Apologies Anyway though.

The guy plays Gendry was on Skins. Same with the girl who plays Gilly.

• 1 month later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just say here that I wonder how they will go about with the Aegon reveal and how the Show only fans will react to the revelation that Dany is supposedly not the last Targaryen.

Aegon will probably show up in Season 5. Will it be like Ramsay where his identity is kept secret for an extended period of time? I'd say probably...

Its easier to make girls look younger than boys. IMO you don't want Aegon looking any older than about 20, as I think his youth is critical to his character. Certainly you don't want him looking as old as Jon and Robb did in the first season. Nicholas Hoult can pass as much younger than he is; I think he's the perfect choice. The trick will be getting him.

So your logic is, that to play a character of an age with existing characters; they should cast someone significantly younger than the existing actors, because it's easier to make girls younger than boys?

Aegon is born at around the same time as Jon, Dany and Robb. Kit, Emelia and Richard were all born within a year of each other. Therefore, it's called "bloody obvious" that they should cast an actor more-or-less of an age of those 3; rather than 5-10 years younger.

btw; youth is critical to the characters of Jon, Dany and Robb too, if anything, more so than for Aegon; however, the creative choice has already been made; you simply cannot have a child born 5-10 years after you've already established that his father (and indeed, mother) died... even in a show with resurrection, it simply won't work.

Whoever it is must have more of an elegant and sophisticated look. Aristocratic features like high cheekbones and a refined brow. The Targaryens are renowned for their regal beauty, both women and men. In that respect Harry Lloyd was the perfect casting for Viserys. The pretty boy look, basically.

Archived