Young Griff Casting -Spoilers For ADwD-

Aegon Targaryen VI

Tom Felton has a very Targaryan look about him.

He is the right age with similar hair and eye colours, but that's about it. As far as facial features are concerned he doesn't have the Targaryen look at all. He isn't pretty enough, and he is also a relatively big name and will be rather expensive.

I still think that of all the suggestions Jamie Campbell Bower is still the best bet. He looks perfect for the role, I would argue that he has the acting chops, and he shouldn't be overly expensive (although that could change depending on how much of a success City of Bones is). Also, he was in the original pilot and GRRM apparently liked his performance in it and wanted him to return in a larger role.

• 2 weeks later...

Alexander Vlahos - he reminds me personally a little bit of Emilia Clarke, but maybe that's sometihng only I can see.

Francois Arnaud, but he'd be too old now I think.

I'd love to see George Blagden but I think he looks like more of a Stark tbh.

I love the idea of Alex and Francois. Brilliant. I think Alex would be brilliant in the part, especially.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Do you think I have the look of Aegon? I will be 19 years old this year, maybe I am too young but I would totally love to be Aegon!

http://gyazo.com/68cbb01cf9cd94675a3d9d7e04c4993a

The picture is about 2 years old and it's the most 'serious' picture I have at the moment. The others are, as you can see on my profile, pictures where my face is photoshopped onto celebrities.

Cheers,
AegonNarhi

Do you think I have the look of Aegon? I will be 19 years old this year, maybe I am too young but I would totally love to be Aegon!

http://gyazo.com/68cbb01cf9cd94675a3d9d7e04c4993a

The picture is about 2 years old and it's the most 'serious' picture I have at the moment. The others are, as you can see on my profile, pictures where my face is photoshopped onto celebrities.

Cheers,

AegonNarhi

You're about 8 years too young. Aegon is supposed to be roughly of an age with Daenerys, Robb and Jon. All of their actors are ~27.

Although for the most part I am still on the Jamie Campbell Bower bandwagon, how about Robert Sheehan? He bears a resemblance to Harry Lloyd, which could be good IF Aegon is who he claims to be. So basically I want Jamie if he is fake (and I think he is) and Robert if he isn't.

Although for the most part I am still on the Jamie Campbell Bower bandwagon,

:ack: :crying: Just reading this makes me feel sick. Why would you want that no-talent piece of shit play Faegon? I mean I get D&D will be all for it because then the viewers immediatly now they have to hate this guys character, but shit NO!

Haven't you seen Camelot? He raped King Arthur! He just straight up raped him! He violently took King Arthur every way a man can take another man!

:ack: :crying: Just reading this makes me feel sick. Why would you want that no-talent piece of shit play Faegon? I mean I get D&D will be all for it because then the viewers immediatly now they have to hate this guys character, but shit NO!

Haven't you seen Camelot? He raped King Arthur! He just straight up raped him! He violently took King Arthur every way a man can take another man!

The complaint I always hear about his portrayal of Arthur is that he had no charisma. Wasn't that intentional? Wasn't the point supposed to be that he was raised as a regular child on a farm then suddenly shoved into a role so foreign to him and that he wasn't prepared for? I had the misfortune of seeing the City of Bones movie, and as terrible as that movie was Jamie wasn't bad in it.

The complaint I always hear about his portrayal of Arthur is that he had no charisma. Wasn't that intentional? Wasn't the point supposed to be that he was raised as a regular child on a farm then suddenly shoved into a role so foreign to him and that he wasn't prepared for? I had the misfortune of seeing the City of Bones movie, and as terrible as that movie was Jamie wasn't bad in it.

He never had charisma. I can get that they wanted to go for the awkward farm boy who learns to rule and all but two big problems:

1) He stays the same throughout the entire season, there is no grow in charisma. Eventhough they try to force it down your troath sometimes.

2) He starts out with no charisma, but he's able to sleep with his brother's GF who's an absolute looker? What's up with that? It doesn't make any sense. Same when he get's Guinevere.

Extremely weird show. I've never watched it but my girlfriend does religiously, she cannot get enough of it despite being a lover of history and constantly goes on about how historically inaccurate it is. Having only seen the trailer for it, it looks diabolical. The only way I can describe it is teen romance filled with gossip but set in the 16th century? Very odd show!

As for Toby Regbo, after a quick search, I don't know what it is about him but it doesn't scream Targaryen to me!

• 3 months later...

Archived