Young Griff Casting -Spoilers For ADwD-

Aegon Targaryen VI

Actually, considering the quick revelation of Barristan Selmy of come directly to Daenerys saying "I am Barristan Selmy", the revelation of the ones behind the murder of Joffrey, only letting one week for the viewers to wonder, I kinda expect a scene with just Tyrion and Varys/Illyrio telling to the dwarf "we are going to introduce you to someone", and Aegon enter and straightly introduce himself.

The show doesn't seem to really like disguised characters (and I understand, it is more difficult in TV, I was for example wondering for Sarella : impossible to make a actrice look like a guy and to deceive the audience)

In the case of Barristan Selmy since we had already seen his character and we knew this character was barristan selmy from season 1, they couldn't exactly disguise him.

They did take away the mystery of the poison though.

However for young griff i think it would be better for tyrion to figure it out. They don't exactly have to disguise someone we haven't met yet

why not?

I don't think it relates well to Tv. A made up character name as an alias to a person Unsullied don't even know exists seems easier to pass off than the younger alias version of another character we haven't met yet/Unsullied don't know exists in JonCon.

I know that doesn't make a lot of sense on paper. Come tv time though I wouldn't be surprised to see JonCon cut which would reduce the need for Aegon = Young Griff altogether.

Writing this entire 5th season really had to have been/is going to be a nightmare for these guys.

I don't think it relates well to Tv. A made up character name as an alias to a person Unsullied don't even know exists seems easier to pass off than the younger alias version of another character we haven't met yet/Unsullied don't know exists in JonCon.

I know that doesn't make a lot of sense on paper. Come tv time though I wouldn't be surprised to see JonCon cut which would reduce the need for Aegon = Young Griff altogether.

Writing this entire 5th season really had to have been/is going to be a nightmare for these guys.

Jon Con and Aegon won't be cut. They use wigs all the time, it wouldn't be too hard to use even a red/orange (to match Jon Con) instead of blue. to make it a little less tyroshi, since they've given up on that.

As for their names, if they don't use griff and young griff i don't have a problem with it but i don't see the sense in changing it either

Show!Targs don't have the Targaryen eyes so blue hair is not necessary. Take away the contacts and silver hair and he won't look like a Targaryen at all.

I don't think he will get the hair dye.

He needs to be believable as a Targaryen, despite trying to cover it. A Targaryen that does not look like a Targaryen (show = the silver hair) is reserved for Jon, I think.

If we're going by raw acting talent, O'Brien is amazing. He's known for being really spazzy and funny but GOT is great about taking "comic" actors and putting them in different roles. Not the look I pictured, but Young Griff's a pretty blank slate. He might be one of the characters who's written a little differently than in the books (ie, Brienne being sharper and more sarcastic but still noble), as he's kind of bland. For me he felt more like a plot device than a character so he'll have to be hella charismatic to make up for coming out of nowhere.

If we're going by raw acting talent, O'Brien is amazing. He's known for being really spazzy and funny but GOT is great about taking "comic" actors and putting them in different roles. Not the look I pictured, but Young Griff's a pretty blank slate. He might be one of the characters who's written a little differently than in the books (ie, Brienne being sharper and more sarcastic but still noble), as he's kind of bland. For me he felt more like a plot device than a character so he'll have to be hella charismatic to make up for coming out of nowhere.

i have only really seen him in 1 movie. but he has the looks (by gods, hes amazing) that is believable for the son of rhaeger. he also looks like he could be related to harry lloyd and emilia. the only thing he doesn't have is the green eyes both lloyd and emilia have. but that could be easily attributed to his mum being elia since they aren't doing purple eyes.

robert sheehan is alright, but ill always see him as nathan in misfits because he does outrageous comedy and its hard to shake. if he can do the role by all means..

Archived