Cricket XIV

Xray the Enforcer

This is probably the worst first day of a test match that SA has ever experienced. Two premier players injured and the attack clobbered.

Who else got injured besides Jacques? Went out, came back turn the Tv on and bam Clarke hits a four! Think he will get another double century. The WACA seems like the only place

that will help the bowlers out eh? Haven't watched alot of the Saffers play so I can't say how bad the performance is. I wonder how we would fair currenty without Clarke.

Steyn has picked up a hamstring injury and is bowling well below 100%. He hardly featured after lunch until coming on to knock of Huss before stumps.

That was the hardest day of test cricket I've watched in a very long time. Probably since the 2006 Ashes. Fuck you Australia.

Clarke just cementing his status as Australia's best batsman. His career average is comfortably above 50 now and in the absence of anyone else at his age (Shane Watson's the only one) it's going to be up to him to anchor the batting lineup for the next few years while Warner et al find their feet.

This may well be another draw, depends on how South Africa bats. If the pitch really is a road, even without Kallis they could still get a score. Depends on how well the second innings goes...Adelaide is usually a good first innings wicket but there have been shorter second digs here.

To be fair Clarke's probably not too far off cementing a place as currently the best batsman in world cricket. Credit to him, he's always had the talent but I thought he might be a bit mentally fragile to get to that level, to do it while captaining the side as well is pretty impressive.

I don't see a draw as a possible result here - there's just way too much time left in the test. It would take an Amla triple-hundred or some other equivalent feat. Suddenly I'm quite glad that I won't be attending the WACA test match this year. And I dread to think of how the Sri Lankans are going to fare on their upcoming tour :worried:.

I'm not worried about Clarke's form for the Ashes. Damp climate, bad back. All will be well.

Maybe the best thing for the Ashes would be for the Aussies to beat South Africa and then regain the #1 ranking since it seems to be a bit of a curse for whichever team has it, India and England having surrendered it limply and South Africa now seeming to struggle.

Haha sorry Brades, but there's nothing worse than nationalist Aussie supporters circle-jerking over how awesome Michael Clarke is. Just makes me want to spew.

Anyway, not the greatest morning for Australia so far, but they're still miles ahead in the match.

Well Quiney is being ineffective/ Swatto unfit/ Hilfy lost Mojo-isn't that enough?

Samuels has a double century- I'm excited although feel sad or Bangladesh.

Anyways I admire Pax's strength of conviction ;)

Archived