Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

"There was me, Aerys, and me three droogs. That is Varys, Pycelle and Hallyne, sitting in the Red Keep milkbar, trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening."

"I was cured, alright"

A Clockwork Aerys

I think Alexander Skaarsgard, Alex Pettyfer, or Liam Hemsworth (Thor's brother) have the looks for Rhaegar. Liam and Chris share about the same height but Liam looks leaner and I can imagine Liam better with a harp than Chris. But I think Alexander is the best fit, but if not, I don't mind Alex as Aerys Oakheart. A beautiful Dornish princess deserves a handsome kingsguard :P

Vincent Regan (300) shall play Rickard Stark, it is known ;)

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/8c/a0/40/8ca04000cdb3bf4bdc7cef1bc921897c.jpg

I stand corrected. Fabulous choice!

I think Alexander Skaarsgard, Alex Pettyfer, or Liam Hemsworth (Thor's brother) have the looks for Rhaegar. Liam and Chris share about the same height but Liam looks leaner and I can imagine Liam better with a harp than Chris. But I think Alexander is the best fit, but if not, I don't mind Alex as Aerys Oakheart. A beautiful Dornish princess deserves a handsome kingsguard :P

Interesting point about the harp. I've actually seen a clip of Chris playing guitar and singing on an Australian show. It's on YouTube somewhere. Musical talent tends to run in families so Liam might be able to sing too. Clearly we need all Rhaegar candidates to submit demos of their singing.

Skaarsgard is blond enough but he seems rather too lanky to me. Alex Pettyfer would probably work.

but rhaegar is supposed to be the father of a 16 year old. So he is as old as ned and robert. they ar 40+ and so is langdon.

what?

Rhaegar was the father of two very young kids.

He was 24 to be precise.

Eddard was a lot younger and so was Robert.

Rhaegar would now be in his 40s

but rhaegar is supposed to be the father of a 16 year old. So he is as old as ned and robert. they ar 40+ and so is langdon.

Rhaegar died while he was in his late 20s. That means he'll only be shown in flashbacks of when he was alive and thus young.

Sorry, I'm only a show watcher, but Rhaegar was the son of the Mad King and brother of Daenarys and Viserys, right?

Yes, you have it right. There was quite an age gap between Rhaegar and Viserys (9 or 10 years, IIRC), and Dany wasn't born until 9 months or so after Rhaegar's death.

Rhaegar died while he was in his late 20s. That means he'll only be shown in flashbacks of when he was alive and thus young.

Yes, you have it right. There was quite an age gap between Rhaegar and Viserys (9 or 10 years, IIRC), and Dany wasn't born until 9 months or so after Rhaegar's death.

16 years, actually. Viserys was just 7 or 8 when Robert's Rebellion started.

I'm starting to t hink th at the show will say fuck it to Rhaegar being actually 23 when he died and simply cast whoever they want if it fits, just like they have said fuck it to much everything else.

Because let's remember that if Rhaegar ever appears, he will appear AFTER YGriff, who will probably be around 18 or 20. So, casting another twenty-someone to be the father of Young Griff will be "confusing" for the Unsullied.

Also, Robert and Ned are way older than their books namesakes, so, If Ned and Robert are 50, then Rhaegar could have been a 30/35 years old when he died.

Archived