Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

Let's just hope HBO makes budget cuts and they leave Robert's Rebellion like in the books: Only tell tale.

I even prefer it book wise this way. Getting a pov or other account of the rebellion would kill most of the mysteries and all.

They didn't do it with Harry Potter, so they shouldn't do it here.

These "mysterious things that happened in the past that laid the ground for the story" should stay that way.

Still, one can play with the thought who should/could play Rhaegar.

16 years, actually. Viserys was just 7 or 8 when Robert's Rebellion started.

You're right. My math is off this decade. V was probably 7 when it started because he was 8 when Dany was born as far as I know.

Wait...again, I'm just a show watcher, but is

Griff

the son of Rhaegar?

That is a point of much debate on these hallowed forums. At the moment we have potential evidence that he isn't but no solid proof. So it could go either way. There's a lot of foreshadowing in the books about the Blackfyre claim to the throne, so there will be one, and a good percentage of the forum-dwellers have decided that it's him. One thing we are sure of is that he was raised to believe he is

Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar and Elia

. We'll have to wait and see whether that's true.

I'm starting to t hink th at the show will say fuck it to Rhaegar being actually 23 when he died and simply cast whoever they want if it fits, just like they have said fuck it to much everything else.

Because let's remember that if Rhaegar ever appears, he will appear AFTER YGriff, who will probably be around 18 or 20. So, casting another twenty-someone to be the father of Young Griff will be "confusing" for the Unsullied.

Also, Robert and Ned are way older than their books namesakes, so, If Ned and Robert are 50, then Rhaegar could have been a 30/35 years old when he died.

No, Sean Bean was 50. That does not mean that Ned was 50, which makes no sense anyway (come on, a nobleman in a Medieval-like society waiting for his 30s to marry and start having children?!). Mark Addy was in his early 40s, closer to what Robert age was supposed to be. It makes no sense to assume that characters are the same age as actors. That would mean that Stannis is older than Robert, or that Jon and Dany are 27, even though the rebellion happened 17-20 years ago, or that Tyrion is older than Cersei and Jaime and older than Oberyn, even though Oberyn saw him as a baby.

Age of characters =/= age of actors.

(come on, a nobleman in a Medieval-like society waiting for his 30s to marry and start having children?!)

For a nobleman it might actually make sense, men don't have the same expiration date that women do, finding the right match is the key, look no further than Willas Tyrell.

For a nobleman it might actually make sense, men don't have the same expiration date that women do, finding the right match is the key, look no further than Willas Tyrell.

And don't forget that even young men who are betrothed don't necessarily get married. Sometimes the girl dies, or runs off with a prince.

And don't forget that even young men who are betrothed don't necessarily get married. Sometimes the girl dies, or runs off with a prince.

I know...don't you just hate it when that happens?

To Robert:

Sorry mate, I just took your girl.

rhaegards,

Rhaegar, your one true future king.

PS: nana na na naa na :P

• 2 months later...

Rhaegar was a musician and they act all the time (right or wrong) so Daniel Johns from the band Silverchair! Beautiful man, check. Melancholy, check. "Miss you love" could def make Lyanna cry but he is still a rockstar so hell yeah he would roll to the trident in pimpin black armor like a boss!

• 4 weeks later...

So I just made a list of hotties who I think could fit. This of this prototype of Rhaegar. I'm thinking tall and lithe, built but not in the WWE way, you know, more like a surfer way. And the features have to have "delicate" beauty; high cheekbones, refined nose, also I'm thinking someone who has a mouth similar to Kit's Jon Snow (idk why). Also he has to be old enough but not too old or doesn't look like it at least, and has a bit of acting chops (Alex Pettyfer looks perfect but I doubt he'd be a choice on a show like GoT). I think I've heard somewhere the next season will finally tell the story of the tourney at Harrenhal and the narrative behind Robert's Rebellion etc, and I think they'll do that via Bran (since Bran has gotten as far as he has in the books which means he has no more storyline for the show to go by, so I think they'll use his scenes to finally tell the untold stories), which means they'd have to cast Rhaegar and Lyanna and maybe the other characters in their prime too etc. And of course they'll try to find someone good but still not too expensive.

So here's the list I combined depending on those factors.

Gaspard Ulliel. 30. 5' 9½". I once joked he'd be a perfect prime-Ned, but rethinking it, he has the perfect features for Rhae. He does have Targaryen features and doesn't look too much unlike Harry Lloyd and Emilia, give him a platinum wig and he's good to go, though I don't know about his English.

Ben Barnes. 33. 6' 1". Looks timeless, is British and has the required features. Someone made this of him as Rhaegar (his face is photoshopped on Harry Lloyd's body and hair).

Daniel Sharman. 28. 6' 2". His features are really sharp and refined (Thank God for his cheekbones). British. Perfect.

Henry Cavill. 31. 6' 1". His salary may be a bit... big after Superman and all, but sue me, he's perfect. If I'm not wrong, this is made using a photo of him? Gets extra points for being British.

William Moseley. 27. 5' 10". IDK about his acting so that may be the only weakness here, but he's good otherwise. Also British.

Hayden Christensen. 33. 6'. Kudos to his face. Seems to be a good actor.

Pump.

I've been watching "the Knick" lately and found a magnicifent candidate to play Rhaegar.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/CA+Sci+Fi+Channel+EW+Magazine+Comic+Con+Party+Ax-bU-jYY2sl.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FvIPmG6kolA/TSk3LbdVXsI/AAAAAAAAKxU/4WfobzbdeJU/s320/flash1_l.jpg

Give Eric Johnson the same hair/makeup they gave Lee Pace and Orlando Bloom and you have Rhaegar ready to go!

And to play a young Robert we have Chris Sullivan, he pulls off an amazing Irish accent, he looks like he could be a young Mary Addy but he's physically imposing, stanfding 6'4.

http://www.cultjer.com/img/ug_photo/2014_08/the_knick_101_16_-_96020140820010230.jpg

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Cara-Seymour-and-Chris-Sullivan-in-The-Knick-season-1-episode-6.jpg

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/5739570/764104_KNICK107_101913_MC_0038_1__article_story_large.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived