Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

Pigeon Pie, I believe that Rhaegar was only 3 years older than Robert. It's easy to forget that he was still young (at least from my perspective) being only about 22 at Harrenhall.

I'm an Aussie and when I was reading ASOIAF, Chris Hemsworth was doing ads for our local pay TV company. He was very suave and unThor like, with longish blond hair tied back and I remember thinking he would make a good Rhaegar. Even a very middle aged women like myself couldn't help looking forward to those ads coming on.

My mistake. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like Emil Andersson for Rhaegar (Wippy's suggestion), but he looks much more appropriate in this pic:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/512d21be3280d8679fec4ab7b820b16b/tumblr_n6p7o6fCjU1sxfhu9o1_1280.jpg

I really love Karla Ortiz's depiction of Rhaegar, the look on his face is heart breakingly perfect:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Rhaegar_twoiaf.jpg

Not sure which actor looks the most similar... 

Pigeon Pie, I believe that Rhaegar was only 3 years older than Robert. It's easy to forget that he was still young (at least from my perspective) being only about 22 at Harrenhall.

I'm an Aussie and when I was reading ASOIAF, Chris Hemsworth was doing ads for our local pay TV company. He was very suave and unThor like, with longish blond hair tied back and I remember thinking he would make a good Rhaegar. Even a very middle aged women like myself couldn't help looking forward to those ads coming on.

im an aussie too and i know exactly what u mean 😆 luv those ads...he would be a great Rhaegar. ...luv his deep voice too

im an aussie too and i know exactly what u mean luv those ads...he would be a great Rhaegar. ...luv his deep voice too

Maybe it's my not being Aussie, maybe it's my bad taste, or perhaps the fact that first time I saw him he played a beefy idiot superhero, but really I cannot turn my head into Hemsworth as Rhaegar. When I tried to draw Rhaegar I found myself looking for reference more toward a young Depp, which is weird on two levels: because I usually like stronger features and also because physiognomy was stupid two centuries ago and things haven't changed since so all I said makes no sense whatsoever. :laugh:

• 4 months later...

Chris Hemsworth, simply because I am partway through 'The World of Ice and Fire' and this picture in there looks like him. Emil Anderson looks pretty close too! I couldn't find any acting records for him when I skimmed the first page of google though...... I don't know him either :wacko::D (my thoughts anyway)

320px-Rhaegar_twoiaf.jpgouthems3.jpg

• 2 months later...

The likes of Chris Hemsworth or Charlie Hunman corresponds more to Arthur Dayne in my mind, Rhaegar would be rather tall (around 6' or 6'1) and slender like Jon and Viserys. The idea of Rhaegar towering Robert seems a little bit far-fetched to me, Robert is a 6'6 bull, one of the tallest men of series and those noted to be taller than him have their size really emphasized. On the other hand Rhaegar was only said to be taller than Viserys who himself was never noted to be particularly tall, it's hardly a proof of him being around the Hound size (or taller).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt they will go with a big name actor for the part, they've mostly went with relative unknowns so far, mostly established European actors.

So i still stick with my choice: German actor Matthias Schweighöfer (now 35 but looks younger)

http://www.klatsch-tratsch.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/de-pub-prod-VFRDN-3671N.jpg

https://www.redbulletin.com/sites/default/files/styles/sharing-thumbnail/public/images/article-thumbnail-smartphone/schweighoefer_berndjaworek.jpg?itok=UxCMGAwJ

Not too buff/bulky like Hunnam or Hemsworth, slender enough. Got a nice smooth face like Harry Lloyd's Viserys.

And btw, he sings too :)

• 2 weeks later...

I dont usually follow the casting calls but somewhere it was said they will look for an actor that can both sing and fight with a sword. There is also the thing about him having this particular beauty and melancholy mixed there. I doubt big names may be considered if this is probably a flashback (they have already started the casting calls looking for a boy and girl, northern accent to be on their teens) but who knows. 

Now onto finding a tall, handsome man with sad (purple) puppy eyes :rolleyes:

Archived