IlMentore96

Rhaegar Targaryen

I don't know this actor but YES. Perfect. Especially that 2nd photo.

Saw this photo set on the internet and I don't know who the guy is, but he has a great Rhaegar look about him too.

http://media-cache-a...53d679a6800.jpg

I obviously don't know actors too well, so, moving away from this message board now~~~~

Seems Charlie Hunnam to me!!! He's my favourite for the role!!

Rhaegar is Henry Cavill in my head (god he was gorgeous in The Tudors!) but that won't happen as he has gone all underpants over his trousers now...

Ashley Charles recently caught my attention, looks wise he might be a fit. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4852570/

My general preference would be for a relatively unknown actor if possible.

I'm not familiar with any of his work but he looks the part! He fits with this Rhaegar painting-

http://browse.devian...ldren-321528146

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

Im gonna drop one for my countryman Alexander Skarsgård.

Funnily enough, he was the first actor I thought of when thinking about a screen portrayal of Rhaegar :)

However, I'm not sure that Rhaegar will ever be portrayed at any point in the television programme, and there is no guarantee that HBO will see the seasons right to the end of the books.

Edited by the_one_who_was_promised

How about Cillian Murphy

http://www3.pictures...swee_mJkFll.jpg

or Robert Sheehan?

http://ia.media-imdb...,0,214,314_.jpg

Both great actors and they have an uncanny resemblance to the actress who plays Daenarys.

Having said that, I have to admit if they got Charlie Hunnam, I would also be over the moon.

Edited by lunadangelo

Rhaegar is Henry Cavill in my head (god he was gorgeous in The Tudors!) but that won't happen as he has gone all underpants over his trousers now...

Tall, handsome, black hair, blue eyes, is playing Superman? Sounds like young Robert

No underpants over the trousers for this Superman

Edited by Batman

Tom Hiddleston

Just go on Youtube with any video he is in. The female reaction is stunning. Ryan Reynolds wishes women reacted to him the way they do with Tom Hiddleston.

Tall, handsome, black hair, blue eyes, is playing Superman? Sounds like young Robert

:agree:

Can so picture Cillian Murphy or Charlie Hunnam fighting Henry Cavill.

Yes please.

Edited by lunadangelo

:agree:

Can so picture Cillian Murphy or Charlie Hunnam fighting Henry Cavill.

Yes please.

Murphy has the acting talent and I am too poor a judge to argue looks. I remain in the Hiddleston camp.

I've always liked Cavill more for Brandon Stark rather than Robert, although that is good casting too.

My ideal Rhaegar would have the posh intellectual vibe of Hiddleston and the beautifully handsome looks of Charlie Hunnam.

What I meant to say:

Henry Cavill as young Robert

versus

Cillian Murphy/ Charlie Hunnam as Rhaegar.

I am positive that most wo/men on this thread would have hard time to choose!

I've always liked Cavill more for Brandon Stark rather than Robert, although that is good casting too.

My ideal Rhaegar would have the posh intellectual vibe of Hiddleston and the beautifully handsome looks of Charlie Hunnam.

They both are described pretty much the same. Tall, handsome, dark hair, outgoing and a skilled fighter. I wouldnt mind Henry Cavill or a black haired Chris Hemsworth for either.

Wow, someone on the internet not swooning over Tom Hiddlestons looks? This is like finding a unicorn in a strip club! I didnt think one existed and sure didnt expect to find one here!

Wow, someone on the internet not swooning over Tom Hiddlestons looks? This is like finding a unicorn in a strip club! I didnt think one existed and sure didnt expect to find one here!

Lol, I've never heard that before. But no, TH is a handsome, dashing looking fella to be sure but I don't know if he's as gorgeous as Rhaegar is often described. Hunnam, especially pre-SOA days, better meets the male model requirement.

As for Theo James as Brandon, yea I agree with Dragon King. He doesn't possess the physique as well -- always pictured Brandon bigger, bulkier. Eoin Macken certainly has the Stark 'look' but he perhaps may be too old to play Brandon, who's what 19-20 when he dies? He would've made a great GOT-era Ned.

I also think Alexander Skarsgård would be great as Rhaegar. He has the perfect mix of strength and weakness which is needed to play Rhaegar. With a white-haired wig he would look perfect.