Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

Can someone please tell me why the guy from Vikings is number 1 Rhaegar on Tumblr? Even in Youtube videos.

This (I like the Lyanna though)

I don't get it!

Isn't Rhaegar supposed to be attractive in a beautiful way, not a rough way? This is the furthest away image I have of Rhaegar but he is constantly portraying the Dragon Prince.

Maybe it is because some people still remember how he looked when he was younger without the crazy beard and hair.

He was the first person on my mind when I read Rhaegar discription! ;)

Maybe it is because some people still remember how he looked when he was younger without the crazy beard and hair.

He was the first person on my mind when I read Rhaegar discription! ;)

Reminded me of this asshole: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/6/6d/Aerion_targaryen_by_arkoniel.jpg/250px-Aerion_targaryen_by_arkoniel.jpg

That's a young Robert with blond hair.

Nah, it's Rhaegar. He just borrowed cousin Bob's warhammer cause he thought it might impress Lyanna.

I don't get where anyone is saying Rhaegar needs to be effeminate. There's nothing in the text to indicate that. As a boy he went to the Master at Arms because he read that TPtwP would be a warrior. You don't train in war arts for 10+ years and look like a cream puff. The guy won the tournament at Harrenhal too, and while some people might have let him win there had to be guys there looking to make a name for themselves by defeating the crown prince.

Nah, it's Rhaegar. He just borrowed cousin Bob's warhammer cause he thought it might impress Lyanna.

I don't get where anyone is saying Rhaegar needs to be effeminate. There's nothing in the text to indicate that. As a boy he went to the Master at Arms because he read that TPtwP would be a warrior. You don't train in war arts for 10+ years and look like a cream puff. The guy won the tournament at Harrenhal too, and while some people might have let him win there had to be guys there looking to make a name for themselves by defeating the crown prince.

Agreed. Armor is heavy, moving around in that for hours a day is going to build some very solid strength and tone, probably a strong swimmers build.

What do you think of this guy?

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=77112064

Agreed. Armor is heavy, moving around in that for hours a day is going to build some very solid strength and tone, probably a strong swimmers build.

What do you think of this guy?

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=77112064

Definitely could pass for a Targ. Who is he?

I agree. I checked the book description just to see.

Hemsworth has a scrawny build and put on a couple of stone with no fat increase, it made him look huge to how he used to look but he is still lithe/slender, yet obviously with strength. He seems perfect for a pretty boy warrior.

Dark lilac or indigo, honestly I think it's stupid caring if they had violet eyes or not I mean how will that affect anything to be honest.

It absolutely affects how the targs are viewed by other players. The devil is in the details. And I'll add that Aegon is merely a plot if Varys. We have no solid evidence he's the real thing.

It absolutely affects how the targs are viewed by other players. The devil is in the details. And I'll add that Aegon is merely a plot if Varys. We have no solid evidence he's the real thing.

We also have no "solid" evidence that he's not. Until TWoW comes out at least, we won't know for certain. So many people are so sure that he's fake. I don't really care either way but I'm going to laugh my head off if he turns out to really be Aegon after so many threads and posts saying he's fake.

We also have no "solid" evidence that he's not. Until TWoW comes out at least, we won't know for certain. So many people are so sure that he's fake. I don't really care either way but I'm going to laugh my head off if he turns out to really be Aegon after so many threads and posts saying he's fake.

That's why I think he's real.

I just want him to be real so that Blackfyre stain is washed off of Illyrio and Varys.

And that Mance can see a little bit of happiness, knowing that some survived the doom of House Targaryen.

Dear God in Heaven, you found Rhaegar! Everybody stop searching, you´re only embarrassing yourselves, no one will ever find better Rhaegar! :D And somebody sent that guy to acting school, please :D

• 2 weeks later...

This guy strikes me as the idea Cersei has of Rhaegar

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxlrsew05k1ql9h78o1_r1_500.gif

Andrej Pejic

He is a male model and quite androgynous, but I have the idea that Targaryens were like that.

Andrej with a little more muscle is exactly how I picture Rhaegar. I think I read that Rhaegar was "more beautiful than handsome"...and after all, Cersei would probably be more attracted to someone "beautiful" as a mirror of herself (rather than handsome).

My dream cast for Rhaegar is Harry Lloyd, of course. When he's not scowling as Viserys I think he has quite a different face, and I think he can do the pensive look quite well.

(I realize this is a bit late but I was very excited to see someone else think Andrej = Rhaegar!)

You're committing a crucial mistake typical of people who overthink things and lose perspective...

"Oh, look, this guy is presented as Aegon Targaryen, Rhaegar's son who survived through a convoluted plot... and people in the book so far think he's the real deal. But that story is pretty convoluted, and there hints that he is fake..."

"However, many readers think he is fake.."

"This must mean that it's a double bluff and he's actually the real deal! The most surface reading is the right one, and the hints were red herrings! GRRM made it so only those especially especially astute like me would guess the truth... in addition to those who don't think about it at all and don't notice the hints and just accept the most surface reading."

Eh. No.

Andrej with a little more muscle is exactly how I picture Rhaegar. I think I read that Rhaegar was "more beautiful than handsome"...and after all, Cersei would probably be more attracted to someone "beautiful" as a mirror of herself (rather than handsome).

That doesn't mean looking like a woman. Rhaegar was supposed to be attractive to women, you know.

Jaime is supposed to be "Cersei's mirror" but I don't think he's supposed to look like a woman, either. Neither is Cersei supposed to look like a man.

Archived