London BWB Christmas/New Year Moot Dec 2012

40 replies and no consensus...! Better pick a date or Christmas and the New Year will come and go.

If I were in London, I'd be tempted to suggest a monthly or bi-monthly 'drop in'-style gathering, as there are so many of you around, and then there would be no worries about particular dates because you would all know that you could meet if you wanted to on, say, the Xth Yday of every (odd) month.

But I'm not in London so I should probably keep quiet ;-)

^^ Sense being spoken.

If no one else is going to suggest anything, I'll preliminarily say The Albany right by GPS station. Really good boozer and nice and central for ease.

If no one can do it then something can be done in the New Year. No biggy eh

EDIT: Amended as the Albany is better than the Lucky Pig...

Well, it's the 2nd nearly and still no decision. Come on UK members, don't let the momentum fade away!

When we had a small gathering last year, it was still fun with only four of us, and led to the planning of the series finale party. We did it here:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/penderels-oak

The pub is never too busy and has a downstairs in the unlikely event that it is. If you sit on the tables near the windows by the entrance, it is easy for everyone to find each other.

If no one else is going to suggest anything, I'll preliminarily say The Albany right by GPS station. Really good boozer and nice and central for ease.

Albany looks like a good pub. Can anybody else besides myself and LtL do tomorrow? Start at around 5ish?

ETA: Scratch that, I'll second Penderel's Oak as well. Who else is on board?

Archived