Maynard Plumm and Bloodraven

TyrionsFlagon

I'm a late-comer to the Dunk and Egg stories and I finished reading The Mystery Kinght only last night. By the time I got to the end, I had become quite sure that Ser Maynard Plumm was Bloodraven, and I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't revealed - that Dunk didn't figure it out. :P

Today I started looking for a thread where I can read others' thoughts on Plumm and found this one. I agree with all the clues listed, and perhaps I can add one more (I didn't see it mentioned, though I may have just missed it):

"Plumm ... are you kin to Lord Viserys Plumm, ser?

"Distantly," confessed Ser Maynard, a tall, thin, stoop-shouldered man with long straight flaxen hair, "though I doubt His Lordship would admit to it."

His Lordship will not know of Ser Maynard Plumm if Ser Maynard doesn't exist...

Since the mother of Viserys was Elaena Targaryen and his father was most probably Aegon IV, he was half brother to Bloodraven. So, he was a very close kin to Viserys Plumm but he would not admit being a Great Bastard :P

Since the mother of Viserys was Elaena Targaryen and his father was most probably Aegon IV, he was half brother to Bloodraven. So, he was a very close kin to Viserys Plumm but he would not admit being a Great Bastard :P

Thanks for the explanation! :) It makes the clue much better.

Archived