MAFIA 97: Mystery Hall of Fame: Day Six

House Targaryen

Well, given as I only just figured out you were probably trying to trick a killer into claiming, not really. I just thought you hadn't read the rules. I thought it was nice of Mallister to help you out, actually. :)

It was this. I mean...in all fairness, I figured there was a 2% chances of it actually working (but nothing ventured in Mafia, nothing gained), 55% chance of everyone staying quiet but the killers not taking the bait, and a 43% chance of someone helpfully going, "Don't be silly! There can't be any millers!" I was hoping people would play along for at least fifteen minutes, though.

Mallister, why did you decide to come forward, since it seems like you figured out it was a trap (and it wasn't just an innocuous mistake on your part)? (And Dayne, if you thought it was obvious it was a trap, why do you agree with Mallister?)

No, no. You should just continue being scummy and awkward. Probably should claim you partners at some point too, but etc.

Nice try, but I'm pretty obviously innocent and you know it.

Vote Count #2

It is Day One. Eighteen Players Remain:

Ashford, Blount, Celtigar, Dayne, Dondarrion, Estermont, Grandison, Karstark, Kettleblack, Mallister, Osgrey, Reyne, Stackspear, Swann, Thorne, Vance, Westerling, Yronwood.

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to convict someone or 9 to go to night.

1 Vote for House Dayne (Mallister)

1 Vote for House Mallister (Reyne)

16 Players Have Not Voted:

Ashford, Blount, Celtigar, Dayne, Dondarrion, Estermont, Grandison, Karstark, Kettleblack, Osgrey, Stackspear, Swann, Thorne, Vance, Westerling, Yronwood.

End of Day One Timer

Yeah. Lets not do this please Thorne?

For all I know you just claimed your item was a sword before editing it out. :|

His post came after it was stated numerous times in the thread that there were no millers (although interesting fact--I asked Zar, and there CAN be godfathers with no weapons on them). Do you actually, seriously believe this?

It was this. I mean...in all fairness, I figured there was a 2% chances of it actually working (but nothing ventured in Mafia, nothing gained), 55% chance of everyone staying quiet but the killers not taking the bait, and a 43% chance of someone helpfully going, "Don't be silly! There can't be any millers!" I was hoping people would play along for at least fifteen minutes, though.

Mallister, why did you decide to come forward, since it seems like you figured out it was a trap (and it wasn't just an innocuous mistake on your part)? (And Dayne, if you thought it was obvious it was a trap, why do you agree with Mallister?)

Nice try, but I'm pretty obviously innocent and you know it.

I wasn't sure it was a trap. But even if I was sure I would probably reply it anyway because I find that post(and any possible arguements based from that post) unnecessary.

Now that doesn't matter, because I failed miserably - we are still talking about that post ._.

To be honest, I don't understand your thought process, Mallister. You just wanted to stop people talking about miller claims? Why? How would a discussion of it hurt? Particularly if you knew it was a trap (which meant someone might have accidentally revealed him/herself as an FM)?

On early Day 1, the whole point is to look to start possible arguments about anything at all, no matter how silly. That's how the game moves forward, and how many people develop reads.

(And don't worry about this being a distraction, because I'm actually finding this exchange productive--certainly more productive/interesting than forced joking.)

I wasn't sure it was a trap. But even if I was sure I would probably reply it anyway because I find that post(and any possible arguements based from that post) unnecessary.

Why unneccessary? Am I missing something here? You considered that it could be a trap, but you exposed it? To what end?

Archived