Comics IV

Sci-2

Maybe the shock ending no-one is expecting will be Scarlet Witch saying "no more pointless crossover events" or "no more scarlet with deus ex machinas" or most shocking of all "no more relaunches".

If Wanda was Deadpool that might actually happen - but, then, what would be the relevance of such an act if it came from him?

Surprise ending is Xavier being alive.

Actually, along with Legion and Franklin Wanda's another one that has to be contained by Ultron before he can declare victory.

Surprise ending will involve pointless character death or something that will be unbelievably temporary. Heck, AvX was supposed to be important but its ramifications will likely be made irrelevant in March.

Surprise ending is Xavier being alive.

Actually, along with Legion and Franklin Wanda's another one that has to be contained by Ultron before he can declare victory.

Surprise ending will involve pointless character death or something that will be unbelievably temporary. Heck, AvX was supposed to be important but its ramifications will likely be made irrelevant in March.

It just confirms how immediate AvX was and how they were full of bullshit about it being 8 years in the making (or whatever they claimed about the build-up) as this was the big event Bendis had been working up to.

What's the avengers equivalent of Xavier? I'm trying to think of founder members who are now redundant ;)

What's the avengers equivalent of Xavier? I'm trying to think of founder members who are now redundant ;)

Wasp. But when Bendis wrote this story, she was dead already.

Lettered preview of Hickman's Avengers

I am going to love the shit out of this thing.

The man is yet to make a bad comic book issue, and i've read almost everything he wrote.

Lettered preview of Hickman's Avengers

I am going to love the shit out of this thing.

that intro is good. It definitely reminds me of his more epic SHIELD series, which is a good thing as it gives the Avengers a Knights of the Round table vibe. Plus, you can guarantee Hickman has it all planned out so the words aren't wasted. Unless Marvel fuck it up with events.

that intro is good. It definitely reminds me of his more epic SHIELD series, which is a good thing as it gives the Avengers a Knights of the Round table vibe. Plus, you can guarantee Hickman has it all planned out so the words aren't wasted. Unless Marvel fuck it up with events.

He said he has 4 years planned out. and with Marvel's shipping that's like 150 issues.

He said he has 4 years planned out. and with Marvel's shipping that's like 150 issues.

If only that were an exaggeraion. It probably isn't far off if you include New avengers too and the more than likely third title if his run is a success. I hope it is, it would be a rarity for something good to sell well. Almost makes me fearful...

If only that were an exaggeraion. It probably isn't far off if you include New avengers too and the more than likely third title if his run is a success. I hope it is, it would be a rarity for something good to sell well. Almost makes me fearful...

It's the Avengers so it will sell.

And it's Hickman's dream project and it's so rare to see someone get that at the point in their career when they are on the rise quality wise.

It's the Avengers so it will sell.

And it's Hickman's dream project and it's so rare to see someone get that at the point in their career when they are on the rise quality wise.

Hopefully it will sell really well or become a trade darling so Marvel can see the response to letting a talented guy write a proper run. I guess Fantastic Four earned him their trust and they seem to have a better plan with the artists than they do uncanny avengers so hopefully it will be on schedule.

Well, they have... a plan. Going from Opena to Kubert is quite a drop-off. But, I'm sure even he can't ruin this for me.

Kubert as a reserve artist is like having van Sciver as a back-up for Quitely. I hope they have a third artist in the mix too. Opena seemed to do a decent job on x-force and that was on at least 18 issues a year. I guess they are deliberately going for distinctive styles in artists as Kubert is far from my first choice in terms of complimenting Opena. I would have maybe put Simone Bianchi or one of the other "painter" style artists with Opena.

Kubert as a reserve artist is like having van Sciver as a back-up for Quitely. I hope they have a third artist in the mix too. Opena seemed to do a decent job on x-force and that was on at least 18 issues a year. I guess they are deliberately going for distinctive styles in artists as Kubert is far from my first choice in terms of complimenting Opena. I would have maybe put Simone Bianchi or one of the other "painter" style artists with Opena.

If they got Dustin Weaver it would've be perfect. And if you have Dean White do his thing on the colors for both it would work great. Weaver's already doing the covers.

that would have been nice. I'm hoping/expecting to sneak SHIELD continuity into Avengers (even though i think MArvel said it wasn't strictly in continuity) and when this is covered they'll get weaver to draw it. That would be a cool occasionally "fill-in" issue to have some of the ancient SHIELD material/characters popping up.

It's almost sad the way Marvel desperately pushes the continuous events. This one at least looks self-contained as I feel like what Marvel NoW! really needs is some time for the titles to do their own thing. One problem with trying to tie the universe together is that it makes it hard to keep titles to themselves. DC still has too many events but they are at least keeping them within defined families of titles and the current Batman model is quite fair in not making you buy all the parts for all the story.

In fairness Marvel may be trying this as AoU is the only big event going on other than the nebulous Marvel NOW.

Bleeding cool has an article on Snyder doing a Riddler story and I couldn't help but yawn/laugh at Snyder's claim. He’s indicated that the next arc after Death would be his most daring.

It must be so hard being Snyder and looking back on all that inferior work he's done in comparison to his next.

Archived