The Starks will Rise

Othersrcute

Sansa: soon to be ruler of the Vale when she finally offs LF

Oh, you mean kills the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. Or you could refer to him as literally her only ally. Killing Littlefinger would be stupid. And ridiculous given he saved her life and set her up to be Lady Paramount of the Vale. Even if you don't like Littlefinger, it's in her best interest to keep him around.

The question is, about the north, is whether Manderly wants Rickon back as Lord of Winterfell or as King in the North. He seems to side with Stannis, so I bet he wants Rickon to bring all the north against the Boltons and Freys there, and then to the south to help win Stannis his kingdom. He is sending Davos to do it.

I think there are going to be three major battles in the on going books two are definitively the battle of fire and then ice and now with iron men attacking reach, a third battle between tyrells(when they sort the mess in KL) with iron men.Stannis is definitely important in the battle of ice as most of the stark banner man are with him and stannis being stannis he will definitely make a seat for stark in WF>

I think there are going to be three major battles in the on going books two are definitively the battle of fire and then ice and now with iron men attacking reach, a third battle between tyrells(when they sort the mess in KL) with iron men.Stannis is definitely important in the battle of ice as most of the stark banner man are with him and stannis being stannis he will definitely make a seat for stark in WF>

Are you not loving the (unintentional) irony that Stannis will probably end up giving WF to Rickon? :P

` Manderly wants Rickon because it makes the Bolton's claim to Winterfell illegitimate. But really he'll be calling Rooses' bluff. Roose and Ramsay's claim is that Arya Stark has married Ramsay, not that they killed Robb and have a fake Arya so that they can claim the North for themselves. So once Manderly produces Rickon, Roose and Ramsay will have to step aside for the true Lord of Winterfell. Except we know the Boltons will do no such thing, thus making it clear for the rest of the North of the Bolton treachery. It's a smart play by Wyman Manderly.

If there's one thing that we can be sure of heading into TWOW its that the Starks will return with a vengeance. The entirety of the Stark presence in ADWD (and basically since the beginning of the series, for that matter) highlighted their individual struggles, trials and tribulations following their downfall. Sansa is poised to become a signifcant power player, Arya is training to become a deadly assassin, Rickon is in waiting on Skagos with the ever-so-badass Osha, Bran is the LAST GREENSEER, unCat is cruising the Riverlands with the BWB searching for Freys, and to top it off we've got the person who will be the ultimate defender of the Stark when the series ends - Jon (granted this a just a theory, but I think it will just be too GRRM-like to have Jon, the bastard of Winterfell, the forgotten wolf, to end up as the northern and stark savior).

Every single person in the Stark family is now in strong position to make some serious moves.

Oh, you mean kills the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. Or you could refer to him as literally her only ally. Killing Littlefinger would be stupid. And ridiculous given he saved her life and set her up to be Lady Paramount of the Vale. Even if you don't like Littlefinger, it's in her best interest to keep him around.

You are correct up until a certain point in time. If as is most likely Sansa learns to be a player from Littlefinger and ends up as Lady of the Vale she could kill Littlefinger and claim the Riverlands through her Tully blood. Assuming Rickon hasn't become known yet and Brynden hasn't already put his nephew back in Riverrun. Also if at any point Sansa learns what Littlefinger did to her entire family(He's the reason for the entire war) especially her father, I think she will want him dead.

You are correct up until a certain point in time. If as is most likely Sansa learns to be a player from Littlefinger and ends up as Lady of the Vale she could kill Littlefinger and claim the Riverlands through her Tully blood. Assuming Rickon hasn't become known yet and Brynden hasn't already put his nephew back in Riverrun. Also if at any point Sansa learns what Littlefinger did to her entire family(He's the reason for the entire war) especially her father, I think she will want him dead.

Like the mockingbird that is his sigil, LF has to constantly keep his wings flapping to stay ahead of everyone else. Its ironic that the Hound calls her 'the little bird', as its alluded that she will be his downfall. I think Sansa is the one person LF is gonna underestimate and its gonna cost him.

Like the mockingbird that is his sigil, LF has to constantly keep his wings flapping to stay ahead of everyone else. Its ironic that the Hound calls her 'the little bird', as its alluded that she will be his downfall. I think Sansa is the one person LF is gonna underestimate and its gonna cost him.

I hadn't considered that quote or seen it written anywhere else. my compliments on an original thought among 1 million already posted thoughts.

If there's one thing that we can be sure of heading into TWOW its that the Starks will return with a vengeance. The entirety of the Stark presence in ADWD (and basically since the beginning of the series, for that matter) highlighted their individual struggles, trials and tribulations following their downfall. Sansa is poised to become a signifcant power player, Arya is training to become a deadly assassin, Rickon is in waiting on Skagos with the ever-so-badass Osha, Bran is the LAST GREENSEER, unCat is cruising the Riverlands with the BWB searching for Freys, and to top it off we've got the person who will be the ultimate defender of the Stark when the series ends - Jon (granted this a just a theory, but I think it will just be too GRRM-like to have Jon, the bastard of Winterfell, the forgotten wolf, to end up as the northern and stark savior).

Every single person in the Stark family is now in strong position to make some serious moves.

You never know with GRRM has planned, because whenever someone tries something it always seems to go wrong in the series.

Stannis will die after restoring the north to the starks, in retribution for Renly's death. It is known.

I think he'll die fighting the Others in one way or another. Didn't Mel see him burning away under his flaming crown, or something like that? Sounds like he is going to burn himself out trying to embody AA (when we all know it's Jon :drunk: ).

I doubt there'll be anything karmic about it, considering Renly was a criminal and most people who do crappy things get off scott free.

I think he'll die fighting the Others in one way or another. Didn't Mel see him burning away under his flaming crown, or something like that? Sounds like he is going to burn himself out trying to embody AA (when we all know it's Jon :drunk: ).

I doubt there'll be anything karmic about it, considering Renly was a criminal and most people who do crappy things get off scott free.

I'm not so sure about the last part. I think kinslayers will get punised badley in the book. That means a bad end for Stannis, Tyrion and Theon.

I'm not so sure about the last part. I think kinslayers will get punised badley in the book. That means a bad end for Stannis, Tyrion and Theon.

I hope not. I don't really want any of that sort of superstitious "justice" or anything like that. Why should karma hit the kinslayers and not the really nasty guys? And if it gets the really bad ones, does ASOIAF become just another happy ever after?

I agree, although i don't know if tyrion should be on that list. GRRM always said that tyrion was his favorite character, and there are doubts as to whether tywin actually was tyrions father. In that case tyrion wouldn't we a kinslayer. :dunno:

But still, i really dont want tyrion to die. He's one of my favorite characters.

` Manderly wants Rickon because it makes the Bolton's claim to Winterfell illegitimate. But really he'll be calling Rooses' bluff. Roose and Ramsay's claim is that Arya Stark has married Ramsay, not that they killed Robb and have a fake Arya so that they can claim the North for themselves. So once Manderly produces Rickon, Roose and Ramsay will have to step aside for the true Lord of Winterfell. Except we know the Boltons will do no such thing, thus making it clear for the rest of the North of the Bolton treachery. It's a smart play by Wyman Manderly.

I think you are right. The actions of the Boltons & Freys are another Rain of Castamere in the making.

I'm pretty sure LF's sigil is the Titan of Bravos. His grandfather (I believe) was Bravosi. Either way, I think we're going to see LF play a significant role, however most likely not in the North.

Archived