The Starks will Rise

Othersrcute

Dany and North&Vale&Riverland? Why? How could they co-exist?

Cersei has Edmure killed, thus allowing Sansa Aryn, Lady of the Vale through marriage, to claim the Riverlands and, of course, that results in an alliance with Rickon Stark, the 73rd of his name, King in the North (or just Lord Paramount of the North). Danny lands in the North due storms and her dragons are needed to fight the Others, so there you have.

Too many things have to come out right, so I don't think it will play out like this, but there is a possibility.

• 2 years later...

The allegiance of the northerners is based upon Stannis delivering Arya (or for manderly davos delivering Rickon) and giving the North back to the Starks.
Without that stark he is simply another southerner in a harsh land.
And even if he does free Winterfell and gives it back to the Starks, the moment his men try to burn that weirwood, things will go sour

Yes, and Stannis is going to make mistake's. Huge ones.
1. The hearth tree and the possible burning of it with Theon. With following the red god, he will make enemys. There are already problems between the 2 sides (southern-northern, red god - old gods) Jon basically told everything Stannis has to know to win over the northmen. But just because he did not took Melisandre with him, he let the red gods followers without control (of the priest). No one warned the soldiers to be respectful! No one wants Melisandre and her red god in the north. Not on black brothers, not the wildlings, not the northmen, not even most of the southern men. Only several, who make sure to turn everyone else against Stannis. 

2. Sending FArya to Black Castle - If Jon survives and see that Stannis' "thank you Jon" gift is a fake Arya, it could make Jon turn against Stannis very quick. It could be seen as fake coin. The same thing can happen with Stannis, what happened with Jamie - everyone would think he is untrustworthy (even is he is). Because how could Jon know that Stannis didn't keep the real Arya and try to fool him? It is a possibility. 

3. Mistaces in the past:
I think Stannis's rule will be short. Because I remember what Lady Stark promised to Brienne. Brienne wants to kill Stannis, and I think now, that they are together again, it it a matter of time the BWB meet somehow with Stannis and Co. Lady SH then has to let Brienne kill Stannis. Lady SH is basically a "revenge zombie". She swore to not make revenge IF the Freys let Robb live. They didn't so the red god let Lady SH live again to fulfill her oath. This is what she is doing: keeping oaths. So she will have to let Brienne take revenge as well. 

So I don't think the northmen will backstabb Stannis. His own sin will be his death. By killing his own brother he become a kinslayer. For me that was the moment when I realised there is no long future for Stannis.

Edit: spelling I found (Sorry if there are mistakes, I am not native)

ONLY when they cannot be loved i.e., charisma, a strong loved dynasty, stupor mundi. This is why people like and are loyal to THE STARKS, who this topic is suppos'd to be about. They are loved, but they can also be fierce. They wrestled the Iron King for Bear Island, and gave it to the Mormounts. They even let those weird Andal 7worshippin' Manderlys have the wealthiest real estate (concerning trade, exports, etal) because they were in exile. It is better to be loved, only if you cannot be should one resort to fear. This doesn't preclude a martial spirit, I would say the most just in honorable necessarily have a martial streak. They should also be jovial, the one quality Robert had, which he mistook for drunkness. JOVIAL, come from Jove = Zeus, the god of friends and strangers. The bridgebuiler, the pontifex (ponte - bridge; fex from - facere - make, do). The Starks are this way, despite seeming cold. They nordic, stoic types, but also are compassionate. Even Brandon (Ned's brother) was this way, tho he was overzealous. The wild wolf.

The Starks possess this olympian quality, while having a certain humility. Do you notice the Starks never GO after honors or titles, but it is also thrust upon. (Perjaps Rickard, thru his maester, but that was a mistake!) This goes back to Bran the Builder. It was not Robb who crowned himself, nor did Ned go to KL seeking to be Hand. They are generally Good people, and that is why you have the Northern conspiracy, little lady Mormount saying only a Stark, Manderly sending Davos for Rickon, Wyalla recalling the debt, the Liddle saying
“When there was a Stark in Winterfell, a maiden girl could walk the kingsroad in her name-day gown and still go unmolested, and travelers could find fire, bread, and salt at many an inn and holdfast. But the nights are colder now, and doors are closed. There’s squids in the wolfswood, and flayed men ride the kingsroad asking after strangers.”

... in short THAT IS WHY THE NORTH REMEMBERS. The North doesn't just remember the RW or poor dead Ned, it remembers everything the Starks have done. Hell, even Tyrion is perceptive enough to recognize it. After Theon takes WF, he quips to himself to the effect, "that was silly, there would always be a stark in winterfell."

They could have destroyed the Boltons root and stem, time and time again (and some may argue that ought to have, since this is where it got them). Instead they granted them clemency, a magnanimous gesture - which many a reader n Westerosi mistakes for a gullibility.

These are some of the root principles as to why the Starks will rise.

(And also noodling into why Jon must be AAR, TPTWP, because of the above regality, which is in harmony and also in tension with the firey regality of the Targs.)

I agree with you. I believe in the big northern conspiracy theory because of this. Because in the north the NATURE itself is the greatest Ruler, and not the humans. They know that the life is hard in the north, so they cant have the luxury to make risky decisions: go to war, play the "king" like Joffrey did.

The Stark's power is in the knowledge that if they make a mistake, like don't do their duty - people will die! They feel the responsibility on their skin every time there is winter. 
They rule to survive, not the other way around. And this is a totally foreign concept in the south where people are so rich (I mean with this that they don't have to worry about food, water, etc. Only wars) they doesn't have other things to do then gossiping and backstabbing each other for more power. It is pathetic, really. This is why Ned couldn't be a good Hand. Because in his mind the natural thing to do if you are a ruler is to make sure your people survive. Not to talk sweet with the nobles!

Ruling is a duty and not a privilege - this is a lesson which very few see. Not Littlefinger, not Tywin, not Cercei and not Mace Tyrell. So when the winter comes, who would everyone turn to? Not to the last mentioned I am sure. And yes, the Stark kids survived, become (or will) smarter and stronger. And they are a pack. Stannis doesn't have it. He doesn't have anyone. When I think about Stannis I am always sad. Bc even is the Starks had a lot of bad things happened to them, they love each other.

Stannis has noone, and we know what happens to those who are alone in winter...

Edit: spelling I have found.

I have some hope for generation next in Westeros, and surprisingly (ironicallly), most of the best candidates are women.

1) The North. I think Rickon is the only choice, long term. Jon Stark (Snow) is a possibility if he is resurrected. But I think he is for Dany and dragons. Even if he goes south and takes Winterfell, his parentage will be in question (probably) unless Howland Reed shows up. The next Stark in Winterfell must have an understanding with the Wildlings (as they are south of Wall now). Jon certainly has it, but so does Rickon, who is basically being raised by Osha. And they'll need to command the loyalty of the North, both qualify, but Jon needs to prove he's a real stark.

2) Dorne: Arianne. Doran is one of the wisest leaders out there. But Arianne shows promise. Plus, the Dornish tradition of a women being able to assume power needs to spread. Dany coming will help this along as well, which brings us to,

3) Sansa. I think it is the Vale and the Riverlands for her. Through her upcoming marriage and her Tully blood. The Vale is devoid of Arryn's after Sweetrobin, and the Riverlands are in a bit of need as well. Edmure is no leader, and the Blackfish isn't married. And the Frey's have to go, at least from the Twins.

4) Asha. The only sensible Greyjoy. Euro is a psychopath and Victarion not much better. Theon is missing parts. It has to be her. Somehow, out of the shakeout of the battle for Winterfell, Asha somehow comes out as a viable leader for what remains of the Iron Islanders. The may have places to settle as the Riverlands are ravaged and are around Lannisport may not be much better, and the Lannisters have to go.

5) Shireen. OK, if the show is a preview, not. But she isn't with Stannis, and doesn't seem likely to be soon. Plus, if something happens to Stannis, we are fresh out of Baratheons. Anyway, with the Stormlands leaderless, if it isn't Shireen, then:

6) Aegon. Seems a decent lad. I, for one, think he could be legit. In any case, if he's a Targ bastard instead, we've already seen one Bastard make the step up (Ramsay) and Jon would make it two. However, I don't think Cersei will last much longer, I think Egg will be heading for KL with Dorne's help, and I think they get there. That would leave the Stormlands open for:

7) Dany. There is something about Dragonstone. Something magical. Seems like a good place for Dany to go first. THE place for her to go. Regardless of Aegon's status, Dany is the heart of old Valyria, she should be on Dragonstone at some point, even if she moves on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice theory.

I believe that Stannis is the man who will help the Starks rise and take revenge, but he will die bravely in battle.

The Starks are powerful:

Bran--> an Old God technically

Sansa-->lady of the Vale

Jon-->The Song of Ice and Fire

Arya--> a skilled assasin and warg

Rickon--> the boy that can unite the northerner forces

Getting back to the OP...

I am curious about the notion that Dorne would support Aegon. Are there any clues that Doran is playing a long game and knows about Aegon? 

Otherwise I would think he would be very skeptical about a supposed nephew that was kept secret from him for so long. He clearly intends to support Dany, at least to some extent. 

Getting back to the OP...

I am curious about the notion that Dorne would support Aegon. Are there any clues that Doran is playing a long game and knows about Aegon? 

Otherwise I would think he would be very skeptical about a supposed nephew that was kept secret from him for so long. He clearly intends to support Dany, at least to some extent.

Spoiler from TWOW samples:

[spoiler]Yes, he sends Arianne to meet Aegon.[/spoiler]

• 11 months later...
On 12/26/2012 at 4:55 AM, sumant30 said:

Dragons are going to be the key in killing the others.

Where is that written? The defeat of the others the last time was done without dragons. Seems to me if Dany was going to come to Westeros she would have been on her way by the end of the fifth book. I just think too many people want Dany to be the hero because she has dragons. They fly and breathe fire but can still be killed by ordinary means, for example ballistae and scorpions (siege weapons for those who do not know). 

Now their fire breathing ability will be useful on the wights, but the actual white walkers? Please if that was the case the others would not be that scary if they could just be set on fire. Hence why they need dragonglass or obsidian, a bit harder to get a hold of and to shape properly.

I'm almost positive that the Starks will have their day and finally rise from defeat. I have a feeling Jon will find out his true parentage, discovering his Targaryen & Stark lineage (Ice & Fire). Dany will play a huge role in the come back of the North and the Starks because once she reaches Westeros she will marry Jon. It makes perfect sense in terms of the story since the Targaryen's are a long defeated house and the Stark's are a newly fallen house.

Once Dany reaches Westeros she will marry Jon. This alliance will lead to the resurrection of both houses and the struggle towards the Others and the second Long Night will no longer be a losing battle. The union of Jon and Dany will fulfill the prophecies of the Prince that was Promised and Azor Ahai all at once.

Starks are the endgame royal family of Westeros. I expect Rickon to die in the next book, but remaining kids - Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran - will be successful in taking over the realm. Winterfell will be destroyed during the battle with White Walkers, where Jon defeats them and makes a pact with them, and of course, Bran will take over the undead army with his skinchanging abilities. He will also reveal Jon's heritage to him, which will mean it is his birthright and duty to take Westeros as his kingdom and become its king.

The decisive moment in the story will happen on Blue Fork of the Trident when Jon, King of Winter, defeats Daenerys, her dragons, her army that will comprise both from Essosi and Southern Westerosi, etc. No one will give the power to them, Starks will take it by force.

The first five books were bad for the Starks but they will be finally lucky in Winds:

1. Jon will be resurected and unite the wildlings under his command.

2. Sansa, Arya and Bran will master their abilities and start working on their own.

3. Their enemies (Boltons,Freys, Lannisters) are losing power and Stannis will free Winterfell. Most of the Northmen are still loyal to them.

I think the endgame will be Bran and Sansa helping rebuild the realm after the war and raise Rickon. Jon, Arya, Daenerys, the dragons and the wolves will be lost during the war.

• 4 weeks later...

Jon will become the King of Winter. Ruling everything north of the southern border of the gift. The Night's Watch will be disbanded and the Wall destroyed. Jon will rebuild Hardhome to use as his seat of power. His banner will be a white direwolf on a field of black.

Rickon will become the Lord of Skagos.

Bran will become Lord of Winterfell with Arya as his Heir.

Sansa will become the Lady of the Vale.

Archived