"Sistering" is not a sexual act

Yagathai

eta: quote

Considering the amount of man-hating that goes on in 'women's support groups', I'd say it's at least a culturally lesbian term. Not sexual, but in frequent practice by lesbians.

And here I was worrying the troll population was going extinct....

Considering the amount of man-hating that goes on in 'women's support groups', I'd say it's at least a culturally lesbian term. Not sexual, but in frequent practice by lesbians.

Not sure what you're getting at - by women's support services, I mean places that help women who are trying to escape violent husbands/boyfriends/SOs. "Man-hating" is not how I would describe what goes on there. "Being-terrified-I'm going-to-get-the-shit-kicked-outta-me-and-die" is more like it. Or helping women who are street people, by helping them apply for government assistance, fill out forms, get to education classes, find shelter and other such things.

Don't worry board, I am one elder sign away from sealing this dude up.

I think the support groups are less about militant feminism and more about low income and underprivileged women.

eta: quote

And here I was worrying the troll population was going extinct....

Not sure what you're getting at - by women's support services, I mean places that help women who are trying to escape violent husbands/boyfriends/SOs. "Man-hating" is not how I would describe what goes on there. "Being-terrified-I'm going-to-get-the-shit-kicked-outta-me-and-die" is more like it. Or helping women who are street people, by helping them apply for government assistance, fill out forms, get to education classes, find shelter and other such things.

I have caused quite the kerfuffle, innit?

Let's just say I've got my own little birds that report what happens in these 'women's support groups'. Most, but not all (I'll grant you that), are fronts for militant feminist organizations. As a male who's been kept down by The Woman (militant feminist operatives who've infiltrated positions of power), I can only present you my righteous anger with all things militantly feminist.

Let's just say I've got my own little birds that report what happens in these 'women's support groups'. Most, but not all (I'll grant you that), are fronts for militant feminist organizations. As a male who's been kept down by The Woman (militant feminist operatives who've infiltrated positions of power), I can only present you my righteous anger with all things militantly feminist.

Poe's law, ladies and gentlemen.

You know that Azathoth will devour you in the end, right?

He's hitting a solid 2 for 2 today folks with a single and double...I wonder if he can hit for the cycle?

That's why I wear a zz-top fake beard and douse myself in Axe Body Spray, it keeps the women and their militant femine wiles away.

I tell ya buddy; we never had to worry about this shit when we ruled Thailand. Nothing but cocktails and loose women back then.

I'm thinking that KIY had a few drinks today, got his liquid courage up, and bravely started out by posting about his hair issues, sharing his deepest emotions from the heart. He came across as amusing and honest, yet in need of reassurance. We, the loving board that we are, responded to his call.

Several hours later and several <insert alcoholic beverages he stole from his parents here> 's later he has now become an angry drunk a poor misunderstood soul.

There there King.In Yellow...

Now if you'd just lower those pitchforks and torches for a while, I might be able to clarify the situation.

Once upon a time, there was a young poet who walked the slam and beat poetry circuit in a small town. He was approached by a certain publisher who claimed to have wanted to publish his poetry in an anthology of local beat poetry. Fair enough, said the young poet, and donated several of his better works.

His works didn't get into the anthology. No problem, said the young poet, there will always be other opportunity. But a month later, a friend of his who worked with this publisher told him the truth. The editor in chief had tossed him out of the anthology in order to maintain a 2:1 female to male ratio. The editor in question was known to be a radical feminist. All around the publisher's office, this tale was told in remorseful tones, of a young poet spurned for having a sword instead of a scabbard between his legs.

And to all concerned, no, I don't really have to steal booze from my parents. I'm of legal drinking age and have an independent source of income. Furthermore, while red wine was had today, it was merely to wash down a rather delicious roast chicken and not for the purposes of inebriation. Cheerio.

Now if you'd just lower those pitchforks and torches for a while, I might be able to clarify the situation.

Once upon a time, there was a young poet who walked the slam and beat poetry circuit in a small town. He was approached by a certain publisher who claimed to have wanted to publish his poetry in an anthology of local beat poetry. Fair enough, said the young poet, and donated several of his better works.

His works didn't get into the anthology. No problem, said the young poet, there will always be other opportunity. But a month later, a friend of his who worked with this publisher told him the truth. The editor in chief had tossed him out of the anthology in order to maintain a 2:1 female to male ratio. The editor in question was known to be a radical feminist. All around the publisher's office, this tale was told in remorseful tones, of a young poet spurned for having a sword instead of a scabbard between his legs.

When you submit any kind of writing, you're lucky to get a PFO back. Did you sign a contract? Was there any mention of payment, either in hard cash or in copies? Did anyone ever guarantee publication? No? Then the editor was doing his or her job, not publishing work that didn't fit and keeping the pieces that did. Editors reject work all the time for all sorts of reasons. Resubmit elsewhere and move on, but don't make one poetry rejection be the excuse for misguided, misogynistic remarks about things you admit to knowing very little about. Jesus, if your poem had asked the anthology out on a date it'd have recovered better than this. And maybe even be in print by now.

Archived