"Sistering" is not a sexual act

Yagathai

I wouldn't have been angry if my writing was bad, or if I was just unlucky. But I had an inside source tell me exactly WHY I was rejected. And don't toss around big words like they're candy. I'm not misogynistic, rather not entirely stoked on the whole radical feminism thing. I. E., I will not pee sitting down because women feel excluded, I'm not gonna disregard any scientific evidence showing an edge of one sex over the other in a certain area and I will not mentally castrate myself just because my sexuality offends some people.

I've decided a long time ago that real feminists do not throw tantrums when drunken men make jokes, but rather work to establish themselves as independent individuals. I was raised by a single woman who not for a second asked for any alimony or child support from her ex-husband. She did not need it.

My mother snaps whenever I call her that, but she was what I consider a true feminist. And no, she's read neither Gloria Steinem nor Andrea Dworkin.

KiY, I understand you're disappointed about your publishing problem, but life isn't fair. People who succeed are those who continue making an effort despite bad breaks, luck, poor decisions, whatever. Learn from it and move on.

Your remarks about feminism in this thread are kind of icky, especially since you're brand new to people and we don't 'know' you yet. And some of us, like me, consider ourselves to be feminists. I don't really get militant until someone mentions my period or being silent. Then the uzi comes out. :)

ETA: I hope you're not blaming your life situation (if you really live with your parents) on your poetry not getting published...that seems like a cop out, honestly. Everyone gets the short end of the stick at some point. Also, it would be wise to hold off on the whole "Men are scientifically superior to women" for forever, most likely. It's not going to go over well and will just mark you as a sexist.

I'm not really resentful or anything. My stuff eventually got picked up by bigger fish in the publishing business. I'm living with my parents because my income is still not stable enough to support full independence.

What really got my goat was the sheer... discrimination that transpired there. Obviously, I do not resent women or all feminists.

You guys can go on crucifying me in effigy. I promise to be back tomorrow and give you more reasons to hate me, but right now, this alcoholic chauvinist needs some shut-eye.

I wouldn't have been angry if my writing was bad, or if I was just unlucky. But I had an inside source tell me exactly WHY I was rejected. And don't toss around big words like they're candy. I'm not misogynistic, rather not entirely stoked on the whole radical feminism thing. I. E., I will not pee sitting down because women feel excluded, I'm not gonna disregard any scientific evidence showing an edge of one sex over the other in a certain area and I will not mentally castrate myself just because my sexuality offends some people.

I've decided a long time ago that real feminists do not throw tantrums when drunken men make jokes, but rather work to establish themselves as independent individuals. I was raised by a single woman who not for a second asked for any alimony or child support from her ex-husband. She did not need it.

My mother snaps whenever I call her that, but she was what I consider a true feminist. And no, she's read neither Gloria Steinem nor Andrea Dworkin.

I have caused quite the kerfuffle, innit?

Let's just say I've got my own little birds that report what happens in these 'women's support groups'. Most, but not all (I'll grant you that), are fronts for militant feminist organizations. As a male who's been kept down by The Woman (militant feminist operatives who've infiltrated positions of power), I can only present you my righteous anger with all things militantly feminist.

But you don't have any issues with women, no. As for tossing around big words like candy: are you calculating that by number of syllables or by whether or not you know the meaning?

I suggest you first move out of your parents' basement before lecturing others on how they should establish themselves as independent individuals, by the way.

Sorry, I meant he's posting serious business in a joke thread. And that serious business is a massive breakdown of his stance against the tide of feminism b/c his poems got dissed.

If it makes you feel better KiY, my cartoons for the college newspaper got bumped for some crappy anime shit that wasn't even funny. I got over it.

I have caused quite the kerfuffle, innit?

Let's just say I've got my own little birds that report what happens in these 'women's support groups'. Most, but not all (I'll grant you that), are fronts for militant feminist organizations. As a male who's been kept down by The Woman (militant feminist operatives who've infiltrated positions of power), I can only present you my righteous anger with all things militantly feminist.

Hmmm. Did the aliens kidnap and rape you as well??

OK ladies and gentlemen, taking all bets.

I wouldn't have been angry if my writing was bad

Odds that KIY's writing is in fact really, really bad: evens.

But I had an inside source tell me exactly WHY I was rejected.

Odds that this inside source is, or was speaking, bullshit: 5/4.

I'm not misogynistic

Odds on this statement being true: 20/1.

I will not mentally castrate myself just because my sexuality offends some people.

I'm not even going to offer bets on what aspect of KIY's sexuality offends people. I have limits.

I'm not really resentful or anything.

Odds that this is true: 10,000/1.

My stuff eventually got picked up by bigger fish in the publishing business.

100/1.

Any bets?

I. E., I will not pee sitting down because women feel excluded, I'm not gonna disregard any scientific evidence showing an edge of one sex over the other in a certain area and I will not mentally castrate myself just because my sexuality offends some people.

I don't think it's your sexuality that's doing the offending.

Archived