Legendary Swords Reappearing?

kingowinter

Do you think we will see some of the legendary swords make an appearance in the series? I am referring to nut not limited to Blackfyre, which could be held by the golden company, Dark Sister which was last held by Bloodraven when he went to the wall, Dawn which was apparently returned to the Daynes after TOJ, even Brightroar which could very well be lost forever. With the others coming it seems as many valyrian blades are needed and even though Dawn isnt valyrian steel it probably would be as effective if not more effective against the others based on its name and its composition from a fallen star. Also on a side note will Dany ever be trained at arms and possibly wield one of these swords?

I certainly think we can count on at least a couple of those swords returning. Dawn needs to make an appearance, perhaps its name means it will end the long night. It would be fitting for Aegon to have Blackfyre at some point (if I understand my Westerosi History). I'd love to see Tyrion with Brightroar... but was it a greatsword? Gad, an imp with a greatsword would be awesome.

Will Dany ever wield a sword? Who needs swords when you ride a dragon?

Blackfyre might be the most likely to resurface, though I wonder why the Golden company hasn't given it to Aegon yet if they really have it. If Dawn appears I won't be surprised if Dark Star is the one wielding it. I don't think we will see Brightroar but if we do, how crazy if Tyrion is the one that finds it? I am hoping that Bloodraven still has Dark Sister, but that may be a reach because it would have been taken when Maekar sent him to the black cells.

I have a feeling that of the missing swords, Dawn and Blackfyre are the ones most likely to appear and play a role in the series. It would be neat to see Dark Sister, but there would have to be some amount of backstory given about why/how House Targaryen permitted it to disappear, where it's been, and why it's been so long since anyone has wielded it. I'm not holding out much hope of seeing Brightroar. It's been missing for centuries and it isn't really key to anything central in the story.

Don't forget, there's also a chance that someone will wind up with some incarnation of Lightbringer (Stannis's, of course, doesn't count). We have no direct evidence that it existed or that it still exists, but it is a focal point of the Azor Ahai mythos, and something of a badge of office for the hero.

I'd imagine that Tyrion would hand Ser Jorah the sword "Brightroar" to wield. Tyrion himself could most likely not wield it and Ser Jorah, who is now Tyrion's bear , would most likely fit the bill.That is if "Brightroar" is ever found.

The Sword of the Tarly house I see Sam getting his hands on in TWOW. For those that don't recall, Randyll Tarly hated the fact that Sam wanted to become a Maester. Randyll Tarly's last known location was King's Landing in ADWD, Sam's was the Citadel.Tough these locations are months apart I do forsee them meeting and Sam somehow bring the current owner of the houses "Valyrian" sword.

I'd imagine that Tyrion would hand Ser Jorah the sword "Brightroar" to wield. Tyrion himself could most likely not wield it and Ser Jorah, who is now Tyrion's bear , would most likely fit the bill.That is if "Brightroar" is ever found.

The Sword of the Tarly house I see Sam getting his hand on in TWOW. For those that don't recall, Randyll Tarly hated the fact that Sam wanted to become a Maester. Randyll Tarly's last known location was King's Landing in ADWS, Sam's was the Citadel.Tough these locations are months apart I do forsee them meeting and Sam somehow bring the current owner of the houses "Valyrian" sword.

Sam will get his hands on that sword after Randyl plunges it into his belly. I hope for Sam's sake he doesn't run into his father.

Blackfyre will resurface as it is given to Aegon, since until Daemon Blackfyre it was the sword of Targaryen kings since Aegon I, and it will be used as a recruiting tool.

I think Aegon V may have allowed BR to take Dark Sister with him to the Wall, and he may even keep it in the cave somewhere.

I think Jon will end up with Blackfyre and Arya will end up with Dark Sister

One of Tywins brothers I think Gerion will end up bringing Brightroar back

Gerion is the new corsair king, and I think we will see him with Brightroar when Tyrion crosses the Narrow Sea back to Westeros.

Jon gave Arya Needle, and what is to stop him from giving Dark Sister to her, it's designed for a woman and practically destined for her.

If Jon is the rightful Targ king than Blackfyre would naturally go to him.

Dawn is Lightbringer so I'm pretty sure we will see it sooner or later

Blackfyre and Dark Sister

I think Jon will end up with Blackfyre and Arya will end up with Dark Sister

One of Tywins brothers I think Gerion will end up bringing Brightroar back

I agree mostly, dark sister seems designed for Arya and according to the westeros page that describes the swords blackfyre is a bastard blade as well..not sure about brightroar and while I think dawn was lightbringer i'm not positive that it will be again but it will show up

Archived