Characters you changed your mind about after finishing ASOS...

PetyrPunkinhead

The one I turned to like mostly because he found remorse and I actually want him to be there in the end fighting on the Stark side and continue his redemption is Sandor Clegane. I was surprised myself when I found myself liking him more towards the end of this book. He was really upset about leaving Sansa in KL even though he won't admit it and he loved her, but not as he loved Arya. He loved Sansa like a love interest and Arya as a daughter. I thought it interesting he found some peace in the Mountain village and felt bad for him that they wanted him gone as his reputation preceded him even there. He tried and did not gallop around trying to get her to some family where he could have left her at the Twins. I think Sandor would have been a good person for Robb's side as Sandor deduced the situation rather quickly at the Twins. I cannot forgive him for Mycah, but he did seem remorseful for it after he encountered Polliver and Tickler and he was injured. I knew in the end he was trying to provoke Arya, so she would kill him as crying and begging for pain did not work. I think he was in emotional pain as well as physical. If he survives till the end hopefully "The Hound" part of him died and a new kind of hound emerged that would be a good fighter for the Others. I could not stand Stannis in this book, nor Melisandre. I did like Sansa towards the end, but I worry for her being in Littlefingers clutches and she thinks everyone is dead and no one will marry her for love. Jaime changed a little, but there is also something behind his good acts, so i could not change my opinion about him. I like Jon and liked him even more this book.

Cersei is insane and hope she falls and I liked how the Lannisters have set themselves for their house to fall and others with them who rely on the Lannisters for "protection" especially now that Tyrion had the balls to kill his father. Tyrion, I never liked except when he got the balls to kill Tywin and how interesting Tywin was all up in arms about him and whores only to die with a Whore. I fear what change has occurred in Tyrion and he is right and that he is his father's son just smaller. Arya I liked, but she is young to understand some things and too young to know things a little girl should not. Lysa I knew was crazy since book 1 and I wondered if Littlefinger had anything to do with her madness like if he poisoned her etc.. I was hoping Prince Oberyn would be around longer and cause more trouble for the Lannisters and Tyrells. I liked that he had sense and that Tyrion was made to look too guilty and everything served on a platter that he deduced he was innocent. I hope Jaime realized Tyrion was lying about killing Joffrey, but he was telling the truth about Cersei.

I liked that Jaime stood up to both Tywin and Cersei and not be their puppet and I liked that he loved his little brother and saved him.

The most obvious change was with Jaime; however, unlike most people I didn't really hate him prior to ASOS. I really enjoyed reading his exchange with Catelyn in ACOK. By the end of ASOS he has easily cemented himself as my favorite character in the entire series. He's a really complex and multifaceted character. Kudos to GRRM.

I've also found myself warming up to Sansa, I found her insufferable in the previous two books. There's definitely more to her than meets the eye.

I feel like the typical answer for this forum in general is Jaime but I'm gonna say Jaime anyway. But Feast has changed my opinion of Jaime a lot more than SoS, in a good way. I basically love Jaime at the moment.

And, yes, definitely Jon. At the beginning he was the typical Jon, mopey about being a bastard and all that stuff, you know? I distinctly remembering being bored out of my mind during Jon chapters but then in SoS there was just a moment where I was like "Yes. Yes. I need more Jon Snow chapters right now" and at first I just credited that to how much I love Ygritte and Jon's relationship with Ygritte but after Ygritte dies I still felt the same about Jon chapters. He's gone from the typical sad about being a bastard to a really cool guy who KNOWS what needs to be done. Going beyond the wall and learning more about how people are has taught Jon that his problems aren't the biggest thing, like yeah.. ok... he's a bastard but so what? so what when the giants are dying and the free folk just want a place to live, you know?

Jamie, simply because he had the most obvious transformation in this installment. Sansa's also growing on me, I can't help but to see her fierce obedience as strength. And Littlefinger as well, but then again I always change my mind when it comes to this tricky bastard.

Littlefinger is probably the only one.

I used to like him, but I almost consider him to be evil up to this point. After putting two and two together, its really dawned on me that he really wants to see the realm burn. :devil:

That's not to say that I don't enjoy his character.

Lady Catelyn. I had respect for her at first because I'd started watching the show before getting into the books. The start of AGoT (book) showed her as less sympathetic due to the way she treated Jon Snow, and when she went as far as to tell Jon he should've been the one to fall off that tower and nearly die after he tried to check on his brother, the respect I had for her died there.

Most Westerosi noble wives would say the exact same words about any (supposed, I subscribe to the R+L=J theory) baseborn child of their husband. It's nothing new. Cat is a noblewoman, no? A southron noblewoman at that. She's been brought up that way. Jon is the living embodiment of unresolved issues between Ned and Catelyn. Be happy she's no Cersei. She would have had Jon killed by the week after he arrived at Winterfell.

There are so many brilliant characters and all of them develop in later books! I would have to go with the Hound, especially when looking at the series. Yes he may be a brutal killer, but him and Arya make the perfect team, anyone who wants to argue with me, just watch this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oX4ZVSkPK0

There is also Tywin. Though I never liked him, and never will, after the first two books I began to respect him in the manner that he's an intelligent, powerful leader who is, very, dangerous. That may be the way I interpret him, but I'm pretty sure there are others who see him like that.

I have a few short words for Dany. What did they do to her in the series!?

Jamie, I don't have to explain.

Now onto Sansa. I never really liked her in the beginning, at all. After a while I began to like her, basically, after her fathers death when she had a bit more to her then dresses, looking pretty and finding her white knight so they could ride of to some giant castle and all would be romantic... Sort of stuff. After she had suffered a bit I began to like her a lot more!

Finally, and a lot of people will hate me for this, is Cersei. I don't know why, I just like her when we began to see her point of view.

So yeah. A lot of characters...

Gods, this is a hard question.

I want to be honest. My opinion of the characters did not change much because GRRM has the power of killing off your favourite characters, and ever since a certain wedding, I have grown a lot more careful with whom I like. After reading ASoS, I think Jaime Lannister, Kingslayer has really changed my opinion of him because the sheer trauma that he endures really makes him a much more likeable character. I feel like he grows a little bit... dare I say, good?

Though to be honest, I really did feel for Theon in ADwD like really.

I would love to see a Varys PoV too.

But, my current favourite character has to be Jon Snow, just because I can relate to him the most. My favourite character is pretty obvious heh, heh.

Jamie: i didn't like him at first, but after ASOS and AFFC he became one my favorites.

Theon: I've hated him from the beginning, actually, it wasn't until i read the Preview chapter for TWOW that i started to like him.

Dany: i though she was awesome at first, now i cannot stand her, i want her dead!

Dany in books 1 and 2: a bit annoying but her story rocks.

Dany in rest of series: SO ANNOYING, KILL HER, MAKE THE BOREDOM STOP!

I agree I liked Dany at first but then started hating her. I do not like that she only wants to hear the good about her family and seems hypocritical and becomes so annoying. I hope she returns to her self like when she was with Drogo or less annoying and more open minded.

Maybe Melisandre: now that we see that her powers are real, it's easy to believe in Rhllor and the Great Other. Besides, she listens to Davos and help the Night's Watch with Stannis (other character I started to like later) when nobody else do it. In the other hand, we have Theon. I paid him no mind in the first book, but later I felt sorry for him. I was starting to like him, but then he took Winterfell and killed those unknown boys. Now I think he deserves to be flayied, but not by Ramsy Snow.

Archived