Doran Martell

DornishHighlander

The person i pictured while reading was Derek Jacobi http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001394/. Which somewhat suggests that i dont pay attention while reading.

I would be in favour of ANY casting which got Jacobi into this show. Same goes for John Rhys-Davies.

Oh, please make this happen!

Is Brian Blessed still working?

A shame Leo McKern (Rumpole) is gone.

It would be tons of fun making up my own dream cast for GoT (I think Felicity Kendall would have been FAR better than Diana Rigg as the Queen of Thorns), but it would also make me very sad that it could never happen.

I dunno, I think there is something shrewd and sinister about Kingsley, Doran's secret plan should be a surprise, a revelation, while with Kingsley I would suspect some secret motives from the very first frame.

Check out his portrayal in Ironman 3. He can play likeable and naive.

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't Doran relatively fat from not walking around at all? I thought the books described him as such anyway. Like I've said in various other threads, I agree with the consensus that Omar Sharif would make the perfect Doran. In relation to Pascal though, he's probably too old.

He hasn't been walking for a while, so yeah he should be out of shape. I always figured he was around ten years older then Oberyn (just a guess on my part). Plus I would think he should look older then he really is, due to the gout, stress, etc. so someone in their very early sixties may be acceptable.

Isn't Doran relatively fat from not walking around at all? I thought the books described him as such anyway. Like I've said in various other threads, I agree with the consensus that Omar Sharif would make the perfect Doran. In relation to Pascal though, he's probably too old.

My impression was never fat, but rather plump and out of weight. Like many American, middle-aged, white-collar-working men. Then he has incredible swelling from the gout.

Either Ghassan Massoud or Homayoun Ershadi (http://www.imdb.com/...06336/nm0259831). The latter has a connection advantage to the show; he was in 'The Kite Runner' written by David Benioff. But I love the look of Massoud.

While Alfred Molina would make a fantastic Doran, I don't think he's a realistic choice. Molina is incredibly succesful and still in high demand. I imagine he would ask for far too much money.

Either Ghassan Massoud or Homayoun Ershadi (http://www.imdb.com/...06336/nm0259831). The latter has a connection advantage to the show; he was in 'The Kite Runner' written by David Benioff. But I love the look of Massoud.

While Alfred Molina would make a fantastic Doran, I don't think he's a realistic choice. Molina is incredibly succesful and still in high demand. I imagine he would ask for far too much money.

He's very open to doing tv series. I don't know if he's high enough profile to be too much for GoT. I would imagine he's around Ciarán Hinds in terms of salary, so maybe he'd be a little high, but with Charles Dance soon to be leaving us (I don't know if he is an expensive actor, I would just think he gets pay very well for his talents) I would think they'd be a bit of a free up in pay role.

It should be Ben Kinglsey.

At the end of season 5, they can reveal that he was in fact not Doran Martell, just a mummer named Trevor placed into the role by Littlefinger, who is using the concept of Doran Martell to increase tensions with the south.

as i saw the movie "the last legion" for the first time, and half the cast plays in got, i wish for ser ben kingsley as doran martell. great actor, i can already picture him, revealing his outrage for the deaths of his siblings, to arianne and his nieces

My casting hope for Doran was actually Ciaran Hinds...then they cast him as Mance. I would have much rather seen James Purefoy as Mance. Now that's out window, though, I'd entertain the idea of Olmos, but as awesome as he was in Battlestar, he still doesn't feel quite right for Doran.

• 1 month later...

Archived