Euron and Victarion Greyjoy

DornishHighlander

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0722279/

Julian Rhind-Tutt, bit left field but he's a good actor who can be creepy enigmatic. If not Euron maybe Damphair. If nothing else he could be an excellent Marwyn.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0838287/

Peter Sullivan is another terrific actor, has a very quiet, gruff, seriousness edge to him. Seems like he could be good ol Vic just a good soldier. However he is rather busy with the Borgias and the Hour.

Now the opportunity for him to play Mance has gone, how about James Purefoy for Euron? Here in Solomon Kane.

Better yet, how about almost-Mance Dominic West?

The obvious choices for Victarion have been repeated ad nauseum (Stevenson, Kulich etc). Because they are all great choices :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to see Ian McShane as Euron. Seems like he could perfectly pull off the character.

I'd love to see McShane on the show, but he's far too old to play Euron. This is what Euron is supposed to look like. Ian McShane is 60 years old, he could never pull off the look required for Euron.

But, he's one of my favorite actors, and I'd love to see him on the show.

The perfect Euron, in my opinion, is Mads Mikkelsen. But he's on Hannibal now, so I don't know if he's gonna be available. :unsure:

As for Victarion, they need to get Ray Stevenson to play him. Make it happen, HBO.

I'd love to see McShane on the show, but he's far too old to play Euron. This is what Euron is supposed to look like. Ian McShane is 60 years old, he could never pull off the look required for Euron.

Yes, but he has to pass as Patrick Malahide brother... Malahide is 68, someone in his fifties is fine.

Yeah, but Patrick Malahide was supposed to look old. Balon was always described as old, with white hair...an exausted warrior.

Euron, on the other hand, is young, lean, imposing. Like I said above, the best choice would be Mads. Anyone that's older than him will have a hard time adapting to the character.

Somebody mentioned this before so I can't take credit for it, but it's a good shout: Joseph Fiennes for Euron. He would fit the part if they were directly taking from the book, but I supposed he's have to look aged in order for non-readers to get this is Balon's younger Brother.

Archived