Family trees

Gonzalo

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Template:Orys_Baratheon_tree

Does anyone know the source this family tree is based on? Is Robar and Raymont being brothers really stated anywhere?

Raymont is the only inconsistency on that tree only info it says on him is he is younger son of Lord Baratheon during Faith Militant Uprising. That would make him Orys Grandson, but not necessarily Robar's brother.

Ok.. should we separate Raymont then, wig a line to a potential son of Orys? Is that the better solution?

Raymont is said to be younger son of Lord Baratheon, so if Raymont is not Robar's brother it means his father, brother(s), uncle(s) have all died for Robar to be Lord of Storm's End, the simplest solution is they are brothers but it isn't specifically stated

"Many other Baratheons have won renown over the centuries, following in the footsteps Orys One-Hand and the Storm Kings before him. Ser Raymont Baratheon, a younger son of Lord Baratheon, served in the Kingsguard when Aenys I was forced to war against the Faith, and saved the life of his king when the Poor Fellows attempted to murder him in his bed."

Since Orys was the Lord previously mentioned, I thought the Lord Baratheon in question was Orys himself. This makes Raymont the younger son of Orys and younger brother of Davos (who is probably Robar's father).

"Many other Baratheons have won renown over the centuries, following in the footsteps Orys One-Hand and the Storm Kings before him. Ser Raymont Baratheon, a younger son of Lord Baratheon, served in the Kingsguard when Aenys I was forced to war against the Faith, and saved the life of his king when the Poor Fellows attempted to murder him in his bed."

Since Orys was the Lord previously mentioned, I thought the Lord Baratheon in question was Orys himself. This makes Raymont the younger son of Orys and younger brother of Davos (who is probably Robar's father).

Yeah I guess it could be interpreted that way aswell, I just took it as the current Lord Baratheon at the time the events taking place and as Orys died before the War with the Faith the current Lord should be his son

So I guess Raymont could be either Orys son or grandson

• 2 weeks later...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Template:Velaryon_tree_Dance

Do we really know whether Daeron Velaryon was a descendant of one of Corlys' siblings or is this just an assumption based on the term 'cousin'?

And I still think Raymont has to be removed as brother of Robar and connected to Orys with a dotted line. I could do that myself, but I'd prefer to have an accordance.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Template:Velaryon_tree_Dance

Do we really know whether Daeron Velaryon was a descendant of one of Corlys' siblings or is this just an assumption based on the term 'cousin'?

Seems so, yeah.. Probably because Daeron was named a cousin to Alyn, Corlys' (grand)son,

And I still think Raymont has to be removed as brother of Robar and connected to Orys with a dotted line. I could do that myself, but I'd prefer to have an accordance.

Agreed. With an added source stating <ref>It is currently unclear whether "Lord Baratheon", Raymonts father, refers to Lord Orys, or Orys' heir.</ref>

• 1 month later...

If Tyrion and Sansa never consummated the marriage then why is he in the stark family tree?

i know that they technically wed but they never consummated it and it was done while she was being held prisoner in king's landing. My question is, if they never had any relationship apart from that and they will never have any children should he really be included in their family tree?

If Tyrion and Sansa never consummated the marriage then why is he in the stark family tree?

i know that they technically wed but they never consummated it and it was done while she was being held prisoner in king's landing. My question is, if they never had any relationship apart from that and they will never have any children should he really be included in their family tree?

Yes, because they are married. She said the words, and so did he. Sansa can't, at the moment, marry elsewhere, until her marriage is dissolved. It is an actual marriage, and so, got a place in the family tree.

Archived