Which Battle?

boojam

Over at GQ

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201212/game-of-thrones-blackwater-season-two-finale-oral-history

There is this quote:

Benioff: There’s another battle bigger than this one (Blackwater) coming up, but not until the end of season four. So we’re preparing our speeches for how we’re gonna ask for more money.

A battle in Westeros or in the East?

Haha, I can imagine this whole topic pretty much being hidden behind spoiler tags.

I can't wait to see the siege of Astapor, whether you count that as a battle or not.

I kind of think Ran is right tho the end of season 4 seems a bit late, but logic seems to win the day.

I don't think Astapor was a seige more like a trojan horse. I don't know what they are going to do about the battles at Yunkai and Meereen , I am going to miss those. Seems the seige of Meereen would be in season 5 , and even George is not finished with that!

That would be

the Battle for the Wall

. It will be the major incident in season 4, finally connecting at least some of the stories and characters again.

As to Dany's story - we don't need to see

the Conquest of Meereen

on screen, nor the

Battle against the Yunkai'i

. My guess would be either way that they are going change the latter into a mere takeover of the sellsword companies rather than the sellswords and Dany fighting and winning a victory over the unprepared Yunkai'i.

what's with the second to last paragraph where they say that

is that confirmed? WoW is about half finished?

No, as noed here. GRRM's also recently confirmed he said no such thing at Not a Blog. It's an error by the reporter.

As

One needs a refresher on a story as long as ASoIF.

Rereading Dany' chapters in SoS and realizing that it is Danys POV one finds that Dany commands from behind. The battle of Yunkai is only told in outline. The battle of Meereen is only told in flash back. Now there is a lot of action in both cases, but D&D would have to detail out all the action. The most interesting points in both battles is Danys sense of strategy that trumps her commanders and captains. I just wonder how D&D will handle all this?

"Daenerys Targaryen is no maid, however. She is the widow of a Dothraki khal, a mother of dragons and a sacker of cities, Aegon the Conqueror with teats... - Tyrion Lannister (ADWD)

(Why GRRM lets aspect of her developed personality slide in ADWD is a puzzle to me.)

The biggest on page action in SoS is the Astapor/Dracarys! , I can not help wondering what they will do with that?

So the Wall it is.

@boojam

It's interesting how Martin used to be able to cover very important plot developments in very few chapters or by merely outlining what had occurred. I would like to know what happened in the meantime to warrant endless passages on the most mundane of things.

(about the claim that WoW is halfway finished)

No, as noed here. GRRM's also recently confirmed he said no such thing at Not a Blog. It's an error by the reporter.

thx for the confirmation.

sux though....

so, we really don't know anything about the progress right? I mean, it's not even certain that he started writing it on a full-time level?

@boojam

It's interesting how Martin used to be able to cover very important plot developments in very few chapters or by merely outlining what had occurred. I would like to know what happened in the meantime to warrant endless passages on the most mundane of things.

It's interesting how few Dany chapters there are in Storm of Swords, and how much happens in them.

So much of it is a lot of talk , especially her determination to build an army, buy one, obtain sell swords ... and other such things.

Then almost off page a ton of action happens.

One has to be curious how producers want to handle this.

I mean large scale action.

We know about a certain involved sequence that is really not a battle that D&D are fond of.

Lots action at the Wall , I think D&D are fond of that.

But the East? If besides the sack of Astapor (I hope they do that justic) do they want to include other military action?

Benioff: There’s another battle bigger than this one (Blackwater) coming up, but not until the end of season four. So we’re preparing our speeches for how we’re gonna ask for more money.

Whoa! Silly me, I did not even read what I quoted carefully!

Season four ... that what Benioff says!

Now we have known this implicitly for a long time now.... but does this confirm HBO had indeed green lighted season 4 ?!

Archived