Starting to think Jon Conn might know about Jon Snow true identity..

Jon Icefyre

Isn't middle-aged in today's world considered to be someone's forties? So I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to consider someone in their mid-thirties to be middle-aged, especially considering the significantly lower lower life expectancy of the time period.

For the record, I don't believe that Lemore is Ashara. I'm just saying that the 'middle-aged' argument doesn't seem to be a very good one in my eyes.

How old was Queen Cersei at the end of A Dance With Dragons? Her uncle, Ser Kevan Lannister, described her as an aging woman.

I don't think JC was really part of Rhaegar's utmost inner circle. There's a reason we did not get any Dayne biographies in the app. Martin has been very coy about Dayne in interviews as well, hinting that there are important reveals still to come in that regard. (I suspect that Rhaegar was already plotting pretty heavily against Aerys). We get none of that in JC's chapters, so I assume he was not confided in.

dunno if any1 said this, but if JC knew about jon being rhaegar's son, i think he couldn't keep it secret. What i actually mean to say is, if any1 except for ned and HR knew what happened there, at least varys would know about it, which then again spikes my attention, how come that varys doesn't know who jon's mother is....

I completely understand where everyone is coming from and I thank you guys for sharing your opinions. I just think it's way too early in the JC arc to completely rule out JC knowing anything about Rhaegar and Lyanna having a kid simply because he hasn't mentioned it in his thoughts so far. There have only been like two or three JC pov chapters in general so far so I definitely think there's a lot more to reveal about JC's past and future in the series. There's only so much you can reveal about someone in 3 pov chapters of one book. Why would GRRM tell us everything there is to know about JC and his past in ADWD alone when its pretty damn clear that JC is going to be a pretty key figure in the power struggle for the Iron throne in the next book of the series and possibly the one after that?? I mean don't you think GRRM would want to save some important JC info to reveal to us in the 6th book(which JC will definetly be in) and possibly the 7th book(If he makes it that far)? Look all I'm saying is that just because GRRM gave us a certain amount of info in the JC pov chapters in ADWD doesn't mean GRRM is telling us that that's all JC knows for the rest of the series lol. After all isn't the purpose of revealing more info about characters throughout the progression of a series one of the reasons authors make sequel books? With all that being said i'm still loving the thoughts i'm hearing from you guys

Ok so I re read ADWD for like the 50th time and there was a specific line from Jon Conn that stood out to me. In the Lost Lord chapter when Jon and Aegon(or faegon) meet up with the golden company Jon introduces Aegon in a way that really stood out to me. He says "My lords, I give you Aegon Targaryen, firstborn son of Rhaegar, Prince of Dragonstone, by Princess Elia of Dorne" Now I know most ppl will see this and say it's simply just a formal introduction which is what i thought every time I read it. But the more I think about it the more it stands out to me. Why does JC have to say First born son of Rhaegar? I mean it's well known by everyone in the seven kingdoms and most across the narrow sea that Rhaegar only had one son(since the majority of ppl don't suspect R+L=J) so why doesn't he just simply say Rhaegar's son or Rhaegars heir? Why does he feel the need to add in the firstborn son when there's really no need for it since Rhaegar is believed to only have one son to begin with?

Unless JC being one of Rhaegar's closets friends some how knew or discovered the truth about Jon Snow and knows he's Rhaegar's second son, and he maybe subconsciously feels the need to add in the firstborn to validate to himself his reasoning for putting in his support for Aegon instead of Jon Snow depspite the events that took place in the TOJ and leading up to it since in JC's mind Aegon is the firstborn therefore Rhaegar's true heir not Jon Snow.....Just a thought lol, would love to hear what you guys think about this.

Good catch, I don't believe its purerly ceremonial as weve seen GRRM throw in bigger clues in sentences that appear harmless throughout the series.

I have another weird theory (suggestion)

What if Rhaegar was NOT at the trident - someone else with a glamour etc - or just in his armour.

Rhaegar was with Lyanna.

Knowing by raven that Elia is dead Rhaegar can marry Lyanna - thereby legitimizing Jon (or some other boy) who is born soon after.

He probably knew that Lyanna was pregnant, because Rheagar would have told his bestfriend. But I don't think he knows what the gender is, he probably just assumes that the bastard Son of Ned is actually Rheagar's.

Arthur Dayne was Rhaegar's best friend. I still think people are way, way overestimating Rhaegar's feelings toward Jon Conn and willingness to confide in him.

But Cersei also has, uh, some road miles on her.

Lovely way of saying she gets around hahahahaha

I think that given the hard lives the smallfolk have, i reckon 30's would be considered middle aged. After all Ned was what? 35? but he was partially grey (which in my Ned addled mind means it was too much awesome in his body so it was dying) :cool4:

` JonCon was gone by the time the Trident came around. JonCon and Rhaegar could've been really close and it doesn't mean that Rhaegar would've confided everything to him. We don't tell all of our close friends the same information about ourselves. Plus, Arthur was a Kingsguard, and therefore it makes sense that if Rhaegar had to tell someone it would be members of the Kingsguard who would obey him and are also some of the fighters in the realm.

Edited for errors.

Rhaegar didn't necessarily have to tell JC every little detail about TOJ for JC to figure it out. I mean one of the biggest reasons Roberts rebellion started in the first place was because Rhaegar vanished with Lyanna right? So if your a close friend of Rhaegar I'm sure you already know somethings up,and if Rhaegar is the stand up guy most ppl believe him to be i'm sure his close friends assumed Lyanna went willingly with him as kidnapping would be very unrhaegar like meaning the two are most likely in love. They're in the TOJ for an extremely long period of time i'm sure there had to be a few ppl that assumed they weren't spending all that time in the tower praying lol. Also Rhaegar was using ravens to communicate/get updated on the status of the rebellion with someone otherwise he would have never known to come back to KL just in time for the battle of the trident . So who's to say he didn't communicate with JC in exile from the TOJ which also happens to be far away from his father Aerys's(the man who exiled JC) paranoia and influence. If they were close i'm sure Rhaegar would want to at least assure JC that once the war was over and he took care of Aerys he would give JC back his Land and titles in Wetseros.

Plus all of the mystery surrounding Lyanna's death had to make some people suspicious? People who were really close to Rhaegar knew he wouldn't kill her or give orders to kill her(since he was in love with her) and they knew damn well Ned wouldn't kill his own sister and since the believed report was that she died of natural causes there's only so many possibilities you could use to figure out how she died. So is it really that hard to believe that one of Rhaegar's friends(JC) wouldn't have suspected child birth as a possible reason for her death by "natural causes" especially since death by child birth is a pretty common thing in westeros? To top it all off Ned stark is a man so honorable that he tried to get Jamie Lannister removed from the kingsgaurd for murdering King Aerys who happens to be the man who burned Ned's father alive, pretty much tortured and killed Ned's brother, and wanted to kill Ned. Yet Ned somehow comes back from Dorne with a bastard son who's mother Ned refuses to say? Pretty much if JC knows about Ned stark having a bastard son he brought back from Dorne after the war and what age the boy is around, odds are he at least suspects the boy is Rhaegar's. Like I said that's only if he knows that Ned brought a bastard son back from Dorne. The answer to this could very well be revealed in the next upcoming book....

Archived