Season 3 First Look Featurette

Westeros

Kind of dissapointed that they didn't show Ramsay or Roose at all. I guess if they showed Ramsay they had to show Theon too.

Glad to see they included the arrow scene with Edmure (and hopefully the Blackfish). Beric's flaming sword looks amazing.

Robb standing in the rain with a sword: Probably right before RW?

edit: Or maybe

Rickard's beheading

Just watched the featurette again, we see some soldiers at 0:57, any idea who they are??? They have some feathers, or decorations on their helmets.... it fits with the unsullied... even if they are smaller then in the books. But still, we have other images with them and they don't have that thing on the helmets.

Ooops, sorry, had a better look they have it in the other 2 shots as well. They look brilliant :)

Did you see the dragon fly past in that scene!!!

Does it really matter that much? It's not integral to his character, just like Syrio's baldness didn't matter, and Yeromelou couldn't have been more perfect for that role!

Obviously not going to judge the actor until I've seen the acting, but it's Tully colours. That would be like if Ned showed up with blonde hair and Jaime turned up with black. Nice 'n' Easy do a fab auburn hair dye - £4.95. I see no reason why it hasn't been applied to Edmure's head.

Also loving the scratch Tyrion has accumilated... my cat could do worse. Does this mean Jaime will only lose his little finger?

Sorry. Shall stop being cynical now.

Because the scar is a huge and important part of his character development?

Seriously, what is wrong with people complaining about characters not being ugly enough. It might work in a reading medium, and even than I wasn't a fan, but this is a visual medium where characters are played by real-people who might now want to walk around all day and do their scenes with heavy makeup. Rory McCann for instance was planned to have much worse burn scars, but that messed up the actor's vision which is kinda important if you want to appear him as a capable warrior.

The scene with Dany galloping between the Unsullied ranks was kind of interesting, where were they headed?

There is Silver 2, I guess D&D have overcome their qualms about using horse.

Emilia Clarke must have been taking lessons because she looks quite the accomplished equestrian in that very short clip.

Is it just me or does it look like Frank Doelger is standing in front of the spiral staircase on the Eyrie set?

I'm very excited to see that particular location back in play.

I love the scaled armour for the Tullys and Mance Raydar looks fantastic! It seems like there is going to be a large emphasis on House Bolton this year.

Is it just me or does it look like Frank Doelger is standing in front of the spiral staircase on the Eyrie set?

I'm very excited to see that particular location back in play.

I love the scaled armour for the Tullys and Mance Raydar looks fantastic! It seems like there is going to be a large emphasis on House Bolton this year.

I hope so, because the very little they were mentioned in season 2 had me confused. That was before I had read any of the books.

I wonder if Olenna's wimple won't create audience confusion. She looks a lot like Septa Mordain, people might think Olenna's a Septa too. Also, unless the woman is dressed in a severe sort of sother superior's garb the wearing of a wimple tends to disempower the woman's appearance. So I hope she's not always wimpled up. Perhaps she wimples in public, but de-wimples when she's just holding court with her Tyrell ladies, and Sansa.

The

wedding of Tyrion and Sansa this season is going to be brilliant for the audiences. I hope there's no telegraphing of it, get the audience all hyped up for marriage into the Tyrell family escaping tyhe clutches of the Lannister to have the rug firmly pulled.

I do hope they bring Ser Dontos into the frame for Sansa's story.

Archived