Season 3 First Look Featurette

Westeros

Did anyone notice that Loras seemed to be standing behind the Queen of Thorns in that one shot of the Queen of Thorns and Margaery? He's not wearing armour; he's wearing some fancy green/gold tunic thing.

Does this mean that Loras is not appointed to the Kingsguard--at least not immedately--in the show? We saw Jaime out of his Kingsguard armour a fair bit in Season 1, but why wouldn't Loras be wearing his armour?

I've seen it suggested that Loras, not Willas, is the suitor the Tyrells propose for Sansa, which would make sense if Loras isn't appointed to the Kingsguard until later. Anyone have any ideas on this? I can't imagine Loras going along with such a scheme, or the Tyrells wanting to do this. Also, as Willas' wife Sansa would be Lady of Highgarden, and Loras is the third son in the book. Still, it's a thought; show Sansa has already been seen to be charmed by Loras.

I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to want to see a formidable scar on Tyrion's face. To respond to a previous poster's comment, yes, it does become a part of Tyrion's personality as he frequently comments on it to others and his constant scratching at the itchy scar.

Noticed Loras. Yes, reasonable to assume that he's not in the Kingsguard by that point.

The scar thing is weird. Like people are super-distracted by the Hound's scars and the show stops in its tracks whenever he appears? That said, Tyrion losing a news would simply cost too much. An uglier, more notable scar could, I guess, have been done, and maybe they should have.

Noticed Loras. Yes, reasonable to assume that he's not in the Kingsguard by that point.

That's weird. I suppose the Sansa-Loras idea is possible. I hope not, as Loras ending up in the KG was very neat (and i'm sure he will eventually).

As for Tyrion. I'm not surprised. Maybe they didn't want to spend a lot of time putting a scar on Tyrion every day he was filming. I still don't care about it. In his POV he can talk about a scratchy scar but its not something that can work on screen. :)

Hmmmm now you guys got me thinking...

That wedding has been confirmed for E8.

I'm definitely in the camp of those not minding most changes, especially when it comes to aesthetics. I think Edmure and Thoros look fantastic, and I fully expected them to minimize the scar on Tyrion's face. The Hound's scar defines part of his character - Tyrion's is just another way for him to be marginalized but completely unnecessary for the show. Plus I personally would rather see Peter Dinklage's fine face sans heavy make up.

The Reeds looked great, Mance too. So excited about all these castings.

Margarey looks great, even better than last season. Cat looked really good in that brief scene, and I look forward to seeing a better shot of the Blackfish.

Would not mind them having Loras stand in for Willas if they eliminated his character, at least for now. I am also glad to hear they did away with the ridiculous slobbering of Hoat/Locke.

Finally feeling ready for season 3.

Biggest thing that bugged me were the wonky new Unsullied armor, which I'm sure was a cost-cutting measure.

It does look cost saving... still I thought GRRM's Unsullied armor description was downright comical, I think this an improvement.

I wouldn't be too concerned, I'm sure he's still on the bill. I can't wait to see more scenes with him, and with him as the central focus in those scenes!

EDIT: I found official confirmation from his agent that he will be reprising the role!

http://www.lisaricha...celhatton-actor

Thank you very much! It's great to know! I can't wait either!

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Ian McElhinney as Whitebeard, but I guess it would have been a spoiler to show him with a long beard. Has there been any news about his character, or if he's even attached to the GoT project anymore?

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Ian McElhinney as Whitebeard, but I guess it would have been a spoiler to show him with a long beard. Has there been any news about his character, or if he's even attached to the GoT project anymore?

I've seen some pics online of Dany and Jorah walking together and behind we can see Whitebeard. I saw it somewhere on the forum. Have to go find it....

He's back, don't you worry about it.

EDIT: First thing I found, here he is with Missandei.

I have rewatched the video ten times already, everything looks amazing :bowdown:

I noticed that in the first shot of the Reeds you can see Osha in the back and Bran in the wheelbarrow

and Natalie Dorner looks a lot younger from the clips which is a good thing

Jamie and Brienne and Arya and Gendry with the BWB!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived