The last generation of Targs

Mihai Brasoveanu

If this question has been asked, please delete the topic, I just wasn't able to find it.

So, if R+L=J is true, and Aegon is actually a Blackfyre, that leaves Jon and Danny the only known Targaryens in the world.

1) We know Mirri Maz Dur's warning, that Dany will have kids only when the sun rises in the west. So pretty much never, unless it's a figure of speech for the Others coming.

2) Jon will most likely be brought back from the dead with a kiss of life. We saw that Dondarrion and Cat were never the same after that. They're still a little bit dead on the inside. Can he have kids after that? I really doubt it.

So, to me, it seems that the last of the Targaryens are sterile and we're heading to the true end of the dinasty.

Thoughts? :)

Good riddance. Let 'em die out.

Having said that ...

1. I think Dany is capable of at least getting pregnant. She had an obvious miscarriage at the end of ADWD.

2. I have no idea what's going to end up happening with Jon, but at the very least he's sworn an oath not to father kids. So there's that.

Really though, as much as I love Jon, I would shed no tears for the end of that line of egotistical inbred nutcases.

Good riddance. Let 'em die out.

Having said that ...

1. I think Dany is capable of at least getting pregnant. She had an obvious miscarriage at the end of ADWD.

2. I have no idea what's going to end up happening with Jon, but at the very least he's sworn an oath not to father kids. So there's that.

Really though, as much as I love Jon, I would shed no tears for the end of that line of egotistical inbred nutcases.

Now now.

Maester Aemon was a very sweet guy and it seems that Aegon the unlikely was also. I also happen to think Dany is a good person. Then you add Jon if he is a Targ and you begin to see there are plenty of exceptions. As odd as it sounds the Targs are my second favorite family with the Starks my absolute favorite. That is why I am stoked about Bran working with Bloodraven. You may be a Targ fan yet before this is over! :cheers:

BTW point number two has so many possible caveats with the whole Jon possibly being dead thing and all.

It's not like it's all that significant, really. Targaryens are just normal people (except for being flame proof), and live and die like anyone else. Their name is really the only special part, and that could easily live on through Aegon. The Starks dying out would be of bigger significance, since they've been a fixture of the North for thousands of years and seem pretty ingrained into the culture, the Targaryens? The world got on pretty fine without them.

It's not like it's all that significant, really. Targaryens are just normal people (except for being flame proof), and live and die like anyone else. Their name is really the only special part, and that could easily live on through Aegon. The Starks dying out would be of bigger significance, since they've been a fixture of the North for thousands of years and seem pretty ingrained into the culture, the Targaryens? The world got on pretty fine without them.

... They're not flameproof.

Now now.

Maester Aemon was a very sweet guy and it seems that Aegon the unlikely was also. I also happen to think Dany is a good person. Then you add Jon if he is a Targ and you begin to see there are plenty of exceptions. As odd as it sounds the Targs are my second favorite family with the Starks my absolute favorite. That is why I am stoked about Bran working with Bloodraven. You may be a Targ fan yet before this is over! :cheers:

With Targs, it's the exceptions who prove the rule. Jon is a Targ who doesn't know he's a Targ, and Aemon's been on the Wall for decades. I like Jon (who really almost doesn't even count), Aemon, Egg, Jaehaerys I and Baelor Breakspear. Dany's just awful, sorry. :P

Who cares? The War ended a whole bunch of dynasties, but nobody cares about Jon and Dany Peasant.

Unfortunately, MMD may have been just full of bullshit. Or maybe Quentyn Martell is the suns son, who rose in the west(eros) and set in the east(Essos). The Martell sigil is the Martell sun and the Nymeria spear.

Jon has sworn a vow. And anyway, he is far more Stark than Targ. His only connection to this bunch of maniacs are 50% of his chromosomes, raising, name, occupation, magic, character is full-blown Stark.

No, no, no. Delete that fast before Apple Martini flies off the handle. The Targs are in no way fireproof, that's show bullshit. Dany's many burns are proof enough for that.

Edit: too late :dunno:

They seem to be the only ones able to hatch dragons. I have a belief that dragons are necessary to achieve a healthy balance in that world. We will probably see something to that effect in the next book.

Who cares? The War ended a whole bunch of dynasties, but nobody cares about Jon and Dany Peasant.

Unfortunately, MMD may have been just full of bullshit. Or maybe Quentyn Martell is the suns son, who rose in the west(eros) and set in the east(Essos). The Martell sigil is the Martell sun and the Nymeria spear.

Jon has sworn a vow. And anyway, he is far more Stark than Targ. His only connection to this bunch of maniacs are 50% of his chromosomes, raising, name, occupation, magic, character is full-blown Stark.

No, no, no. Delete that fast before Apple Martini flies off the handle. The Targs are in no way fireproof, that's show bullshit. Dany's many burns are proof enough for that.

Edit: too late :dunno:

Alrighty then....

They seem to be the only ones able to hatch dragons. I have a belief that dragons are necessary to achieve a healthy balance in that world. We will probably see something to that effect in the next book.

I think it's the opposite — both the dragons and the Others have to be destroyed to bring a healthy balance in the world. They represent two extremes and neither one is "healthy." I also see nothing positive about dragons or how any good can come from their existence. I view them as tools of subjugation and that's it. So if losing Targs means losing dragons, my response is, "And the problem is, what?" If the first Battle for the Dawn was won without dragons, the second one can be too.

As for Dany...

It pretty obvious her heart is in the right place. She thought she was doing the right thing freeing the slaves in all of those cities, but she had no concept of the power vacuum's she left in those places. I'm quite sure she will be much smarter and effective in the coming books.

I think it's the opposite — both the dragons and the Others have to be destroyed to bring a healthy balance in the world. They represent two extremes and neither one is "healthy." I also see nothing positive about dragons or how any good can come from their existence. I view them as tools of subjugation and that's it. So if losing Targs means losing dragons, my response is, "And the problem is, what?" If the first Battle for the Dawn was won without dragons, the second one can be too.

You could be right. After the coming battle there may be no need for dragons ever again. The fact is they will probably play a huge role in bringing the world into the balance that is needed.

You don't think a nice wight roast would be fun?

Now now.

BTW point number two has so many possible caveats with the whole Jon possibly being dead thing and all.

Well, he was stabbed my seasoned members of the Nights Watch. Dead :) And they will want to burn him fast, I don't see any other way around it except Melissandre.

If the Others and the Dragons are connected, and the Others came first, that makes the dragons the heroes :) Don't get me wrong, I'm with the Starks, I've got my Winter is coming coffee mug and all :) But that's not a reason to hate on the dragons.

If the Others and the Dragons are connected, and the Others came first, that makes the dragons the heroes :) Don't get me wrong, I'm with the Starks, I've got my Winter is coming coffee mug and all :) But that's not a reason to hate on the dragons.

Heroes kill dragons. I don't think it's as simple as "Others bad, dragons good." Even putting it in terms of "good and evil" is oversimplifying it.

As for Dany...

It pretty obvious her heart is in the right place. She thought she was doing the right thing freeing the slaves in all of those cities, but she had no concept of the power vacuum's she left in those places. I'm quite sure she will be much smarter and effective in the coming books.

Good intentions pave the road to hell.

Well, he was stabbed my seasoned members of the Nights Watch. Dead :) And they will want to burn him fast, I don't see any other way around it except Melissandre.

I think some people get the idea you can't like the Targs if you like the Starks. I totally disagree. I think they are the two most supernatural and powerful families. There is huge potential for them to work together and create a world that is far better than what the books have shown us so far.

Archived