The last generation of Targs

Mihai Brasoveanu

Well, he was stabbed my seasoned members of the Nights Watch. Dead :) And they will want to burn him fast, I don't see any other way around it except Melissandre.

Stabbed with daggers through ten inch of clothing or the like against a standing and fighting (somewhat) Jon. Dagger wounds are rarely fatal in the short run. Ever seen some newspaper reporting a stabbing? It's almost always something about seventy stab wounds or the like. Because the victims don't die of shock or destroyed organs after the first or second one. They bleed slowly out or die of infections. Nothing that can't be handled with immediate treatment, and there are several hundred that would treat Jon about two feet from his body.

I think some people get the idea you can't like the Targs if you like the Starks. I totally disagree. I think they are the two most supernatural and powerful families. There is huge potential for them to work together and create a world that is far better than what the books have shown us so far.

And then they can bake rainbow cakes and ride down candy mountain on top of sparkling ponies. :P

... Seriously though. No. Please.

I think some people get the idea you can't like the Targs if you like the Starks. I totally disagree. I think they are the two most supernatural and powerful families. There is huge potential for them to work together and create a world that is far better than what the books have shown us so far.

What has led you to believe that people think this?

Heroes kill dragons. I don't think it's as simple as "Others bad, dragons good." Even putting it in terms of "good and evil" is oversimplifying it.

What if the dragons are used for good? To put it in modern terms. What if dragons had been used against Hitler? If Hitler's Army had killed them would they be heroes? Context is terribly important.

What if the dragons are used for good? To put it in modern terms. What if dragons had been used against Hitler? If Hitler's Army had killed them would they be heroes? Context is terribly important.

And what if Hitler had a dragon? Some things are just better left destroyed. No one in this story yet has actually used a dragon for anything approaching "good." The closest is Dany and her abolitionust clusterfuck, and given how that's turned out I'm not sure it should even count. They've been used to subjugate people, including people in Westeros who were minding their own business and never asked Aegon to come and invade them and squat there with his inbred nutty family. Why should I possibly root for these things?

GRRM did a lot to make us like the dragons in the first books and a lot to make us fear them in the last. So far, nothing to hate them.

And it's the song of Ice and Fire, there's nothing gray in Ice and Fire, nothing between good and evil :)

So who gets to decide what's good and what's evil? Why is fire good and ice evil? Maybe it's the other way around. On the contrary, I think there's everything grey here. At the very least, two sides of the same coin.

Not purely because.

For the record, I don't hate the Targs because I like the Starks. I hate the Targs because they're aggressive invaders, squatters who exploited Westeros without contributing anything to better it, who think they can do whatever they want and get away with it, who view others as beneath them, who think they can act without consequences, who drag petty family arguments into all-out civil war multiple times and who produce brats who say things like, "Don't presume to teach me lessons, I'm the blood of the dragon."

I'm sorry, I'm supposed to root for these people and feel sad that they might go extinct?

GRRM did a lot to make us like the dragons in the first books and a lot to make us fear them in the last. So far, nothing to hate them.

And it's the song of Ice and Fire, there's nothing gray in Ice and Fire, nothing between good and evil :)

One of them did eat a little girl...

I'm sorry, I'm supposed to root for these people and feel sad that they might go extinct?

Yes. That is exactly what you are supposed to do. Bend the knee and pledge fealty to the one true royal family.

In the name of His Grace, Jon, of the House Targaryen.

As to #2, I don't think Jon actually dies. As Maestor Aemon said, "the cold preserves." Even looking at it from a modern perspective, the temperatures at the Wall would staunch shallow wounds and prevent infections.

After the attempted betrayal, I think Jon's "corpse" will be burned (to prevent him from rising as a wight) and instead of burning, he'll walk out of the flames not undead, but alive and unburnt.

For the record, I don't hate the Targs because I like the Starks. I hate the Targs because they're aggressive invaders, squatters who exploited Westeros without contributing anything to better it, who think they can do whatever they want and get away with it, who view others as beneath them, who think they can act without consequences, who drag petty family arguments into all-out civil war multiple times and who produce brats who say things like, "Don't presume to teach me lessons, I'm the blood of the dragon."

Meh. That's sins of the father type stuff. Let it go already.

Archived