Why did Illyrio give Dany the eggs?

nekrohsis

Yet none were found when Loras searched it, apparently... Though they might have shifted some when Darry fled and others might have been looted in the chaos. They were going to sell the kids after all.

Stannis was searching long before Lora's came and still didn't find anything but the vast amounts of obsidian.

Pure speculation...or it could be the egg nog I was just offered.

For a maester that loves to study things or whatever...any eggs given to Aemon? Any in the Citadel? I am wondering if there are any places with a pinch of possibility, that are stored somewhere or hiding in plain sight, collecting dust somewhere.

Pure speculation...or it could be the egg nog I was just offered.

For a maester that loves to study things or whatever...any eggs given to Aemon? Any in the Citadel? I am wondering if there are any places with a pinch of possibility, that are stored somewhere or hiding in plain sight, collecting dust somewhere.

I think the Faceless Men have a dragon egg — Euron's dragon egg — and are researching dragons and how to kill/hatch them in the Citadel. Not quite the same as the maesters, but there you go.

Exactly. So where did they all disappear to?

What if they are still there. Just entombed in the stone walls of Dragonstone. Or you have to be "blood of the dragon" to find the secerts of Dragonstone. I dont think its far fetch to believe that Dragonstone has secrets like the Red Keep.

What if they are still there. Just entombed in the stone walls of Dragonstone. Or you have to be "blood of the dragon" to find the secerts of Dragonstone. I dont think its far fetch to believe that Dragonstone has secrets like the Red Keep.

In which case, Stannis would have found them.

I'm not sure it's likely to require blood of the dragon. Those in KL don't seem to require it. If you make the case that Varys might have it, it seems likely that Stannis has as much as Varys does...

Edit: Sorry Apple.

In which case, Stannis would have found them.

Unless he didn;t search for them personally and just had his men look, which I am actually inclined to believe.

I'm not sure it's likely to require blood of the dragon. Those in KL don't seem to require it. If you make the case that Varys might have it, it seems likely that Stannis has as much as Varys does...

Edit: Sorry Apple.

I wasn't necessary saying that having the "blood of the dragon" unlocks the secrets. But about using blood to unlock them. There is alot of blood magic thats not understood. Who knows if you can hide things using it.

Unless he didn;t search for them personally and just had his men look, which I am actually inclined to believe.

I wasn't necessary saying that having the "blood of the dragon" unlocks the secrets. But about using blood to unlock them. There is alot of blood magic thats not understood. Who knows if you can hide things using it.

Seems somewhat problematic though if the Targs need access at short notice...

Since when have we seen blood magic being that simple?

We haven;t...I was making a joke referencing Harry Potter.

But I also don;t see them having to get to the eggs in such a hurry that whatever protection was put into place they couldnt get around. Its not like a castle is besieiged in mintues. they got days/weeks/months and even years sometimes.

Oh right, gotcha. Sorry it has been a long day. :P

No apoligies necessary, sometimes I cant keep the wiseass in me from coming out.....

They'll never be able to hatch them.

Why not? I do not think the FM would have any problem sacarficing a life or two or hundred for a dragon...

I still see absolutely nothing that suggests this, sorry. The events that led up to the hatching — let alone the hatching itself — were totally out of anyone's control — Drogo being wounded, Mirri failing to save him, the blood magic transfer, Dany choosing to burn Mirri alive in the pyre. Illyio and Varys are not omnipotent. By Martin's own words, the hatching was a "miracle," a freak occurrence. That by definition means that it could not have been reasonably foreseen or planned on.

Remember that Dany felt the eggs getting warm and she spent a lot of time holding them. She had a sense they were alive.

Archived