Rereading Tyrion IV (ASOS)

Lummel

Garlan not being involved is basically based on:

-his general decency (he IS the Gallant after all)

-Olenna's distrust for me

-being nice to Sansa and Tyrion

Garlan being involved is based on:

-Garlan already being proven to not be above treachery

-he is not actually the Gallant, that was just a name given to him by Willas

-more about not being so correct and gallant in that he greedly snapped up Brightwater Keep before Randyll Tarly

-reaction to Joffrey's poisoning

Due to being so cynical, I feel that the first category has more "touchy feely" reasons, while the second has more realpolitik. Which means I am inclined to go with the second, and to forever cross out Garlan as "the gallant" in my mind. :crying:

Count me a hopeless romantic, but while I entirely agree that Garlan was in on Joffrey's murder, and that he was nice to Tyrion and Sansa out of policy, I think he can still keep that "Gallant".

After all Joffrey had to die, I think we all would agree, and if Tyrion ended up having to take the rap, well you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, and Tyrion is no innocent but a full player of the Game of Thrones, and a Lannister. While Sansa brought her unfortunate fate on herself, despite the Tyrell attempt to save her, by blabbing of their plans for her.

While being nice to people can make them drop their guard, it also makes them happier and generally makes the world a better place. There is nothing wrong with being polite, paying compliments, offering consolation, and giving credit where it is due; even when talking to a pawn, opponent or potential enemy.

So, given Garlan seems to be someone who plays the Game of Thrones in a distinctly courteous way, I am happy for him to retain that "Gallant".

I hope she does not learn to taime that in way like Cersei, Shae and Ariane does...

But I can say as well, that tyrion is her lesson about sex and marriage, and her answer was that she does not want it with him. ANd the lesson with tyrion is that people will want to steal WF by marrying her, which we see she rejects and she does not want a marriage like that.

I actually think rather than learning to use men through their sexual desire, I think Sansa rejected that idea there, with her rejecting tyrion. So while I can see her charming people with her manners, personality, I don't think she will try to seduce them in the sheets, like Arianne or Shae does.

In a way if you think about it Sansa rejected Joffrey (altough she could not reject him openly. But her telling Marg is one as well), The Hound, when she didn't go with him, and tyrion.

So they are not simply lessons. In this scenario the beauty rejected all the beasts. She does not hate them, wish to die (she even felt somewhat bad for Joff), but she does not love them either.

Someone once said be careful who you pretend to be because you will become that person.

Both personalities are tyrions personalities, he is not just the abused little boy, but the adult who is capable to abuse others as well. And that is part of his real personality as well.

You know if we are talking about Greece, then tyrion is already doomed, since he killed his father.

Zeus with his numerous lovers, and his jealous wife Hera, reminds me more of Robert and Cersei.

Actually, he isn't. At least Tywin did absolute him from the sin of slaying his father (back, when he told him, that in the eyes of the gods, Tyrion is no son of his). Only the criminal charge remains and that can be dealt with. and then we know from the Nightfort Tales, that the Gods are really ok with a little kinslaying. The only thing, they really, really frwon upon is the guestright business :D

As for Sansa, I guess, I expressed poorly, what I meant. Sansa is not going to pull a Shea or Arianna. She saw into the poor, ugly and helpless little face wich hides behind the mummers garp - thank you for the picture - of power and manhood great men love to wear and she will never again let that impress her. I still am at a loss of words to tell, what I mean (and this really rarely happens to me). So sorry.

Oh, and I'm really not that bad as I may look in this posts. Really.

• 1 year later...

Archived