Re-reading Thoen/Reek, what's Ramsey done?

Dunk tha Lunk

Im re-reading the Theon chapters, and everything is pointing to Theon having his knob cut off, has every1 else noticed this?? First time round i didnt see it at all, and now i can't miss it. No wonder he’s not a man!!

“Ramsay rose, the firelight shining on his face. “Reek, get over here. Get her ready for me.” For a moment he did not understand. “I … do you mean … m’lord, I have no … I …” “With your mouth,” Lord Ramsay said. “And be quick about it. If she’s not wet by the time I’m done disrobing, I will cut off that tongue of yours and nail it to the wall.”

The Theon Chapters are my absolute favorite. He is not my favorite character but his portrayal in the series makes me laugh everytime I go through them. I thought he might have gotten his Manhood cut off but I think they would have made a bigger stink about it if it were so. How many times do they make mention of his fingers missing?

I think the "not even a man" reference is purely physiological; it makes Bolton's Bastard that much more of a badass to me. Even Theon has completely bought into it. You can see more of Ramsey's psychological influence when Theon tries to get "Lady Arya" from her room with the washer women. They all have physically been left intact more or less, and submit by the threat of even worse.

I just don't think Theon is missing his wanker.

Oh man, I did not pick up on that the first time through.

Something I love about Martin is his ability to turn around your opinion of a character. I actually feel very, very bad for Theon Turncloak.

I HATED him all through his disgusting display at Winterfell, but now i think he's gotten his just desserts.

Oh man, I did not pick up on that the first time through.

Something I love about Martin is his ability to turn around your opinion of a character. I actually feel very, very bad for Theon Turncloak.

I HATED him all through his disgusting display at Winterfell, but now i think he's gotten his just desserts.

When I went through the books the first time I thought Theon had definitely gotten it the worst. I feel so bad for him though, I actually like the character. He is a man without a house, without a true family, and he does what he thinks is right to be accepted.

I think you can pinpoint when Ramsey knew he could play Theon down to when he was Reek and reported the wildling girl and the Starks and the Reids gone, Theon asks after Bran's horse, Dancer...... "Reek frowned". I think at that point, Reek/Ramsey new Theon was a softy, hell, Theon's own horse was named smiler lol.

Yeah, when I read the books the first time I kept telling my friends who had read it already "I HATE Theon GreyJoy!" and my friend was like, "wait 'til you see, you'll feel sorry for him," and I said "I will NEVER feel sorry for that whoreson!" and then of course I was all "oh dear God, poor Theon!"

Reek's chapters are the most disturbing IMO.

Theon is still a self-serving coward with little intelligence but his punishment is unnaturally harsh and horrible. Every time I feel sorry for him though (and you have to do), he goes and proves he still only thinks of himself, even when he prays to the old gods (I me me me me) so he goes and annoys me again.

If anything I was hoping he'd be put of his misery for good, but it looks like he's going to outlast everyone, hoping for death and not daring to meet it

Theres evidence that he gets castrated but there is also some that says the opposite. I think he gets raped by Ramsay repeatedly to break him and make him "not a man". So basically even if he still has it,the torture he endured was just as bad. It could go either way tho and i wonder if GRRM made it that way incase he wants to add something to later books.

On a side not there has been entirely too much talk on these forums about Theons "member" just saying

• 2 months later...

No, in that chapter with Ramsey and Jeyne, Ramsey does ask if Theon is turned on when looking at Jeyne. And if he didn't have his manhood, Ramsey would have known that and wouldn't have asked if Theon had a boner, because it would be really hard to be hard without his member.

I'm pretty sure the little Kraken is no more

No, in that chapter with Ramsey and Jeyne, Ramsey does ask if Theon is turned on when looking at Jeyne. And if he didn't have his manhood, Ramsey would have known that and wouldn't have asked if Theon had a boner, because it would be really hard to be hard without his member.

He could have been trolling Theon. It would be very Ramsay-like.

• 1 month later...

In what I believe is the first Reek chapter, Theon thinks to himself-

I'm pretty much assumed that meant Theon was castrated.

There is also a scene where Bolton wants Theon washed and cleaned so that he can give away Arya at the wedding, and Theon freaks out at the possibility of having to be naked in front of people.

A bath?” Reek felt a clenching in his guts. “I … I would sooner not, m’lord. Please. I have … wounds, I … and these clothes, Lord Ramsay gave them to me, he … he said that I was never to take them off, save at his command …”

“You are wearing rags,” Lord Bolton said, quite patiently. “Filthy things, torn and stained and stinking of blood and urine. And thin. You must be cold. We’ll put you in lambswool, soft and warm. Perhaps a fur-lined cloak. Would you like that?”

“No.” He could not let them take the clothes Lord Ramsay gave him. He could not let them see him.

“Would you prefer to dress in silk and velvet? There was a time when you were fond of such, I do recall.”

No,” he insisted, shrilly. “No, I only want these clothes. Reek’s clothes. I’m Reek, it rhymes with peek.” His heart was beating like a drum, and his voice rose to a frightened squeak. “I don’t want a bath. Please, m’lord, don’t take my clothes.”

“Will you let us wash them, at least?”

“No. No, m’lord. Please.” He clutched his tunic to his chest with both hands and hunched down in the saddle, half-afraid that Roose Bolton might command his guardsmen to tear the clothes off him right there in the street.

also:

Ramsey says : “A man would turn against me in your place, but we know what you are, don’t we?” taken with the rest of the textual evidence, I think it implies he's been castrated.

Not only is Theon missing what he once had down below, but if my math is correct (and part of me hopes its not):

[WARNING: really nasty thought coming up. Its why I'm putting it behind a spoiler tag:]

4 people on Ramsay's mailing list (Roose, the Ironborn captains in the north: Asha, Dagmer, and the other one) receiving "strips of skin". Roose gets his in ASOS, the captains in ADWD. We get to see Asha get one in her first POV chapter.

3 fingers missing from Theon's hands, total.

And toes aren't long enough to provide the lengthy strips of human leather described.

I think Ramsay mailed it to one of them. And if he did, most likely it was to Asha. Not so much for her line of thought "better dead than...like this" (which I could be reading too much in to), but she's the only female on Ramsay's mailing list, so it seems like the sort of thing Ramsay would find hilarious to send her that particular piece of a man. Doubly so if its her little brother.

Archived