Dumb theory...

Distorted Humor

Every time I read the book I have the same idea pop in my head.

Jaqen H'ghar = Syrio Forel

I know that its a stupid idea, and that most likely Syrio Forel pulled a Ducan Idaho and died letting Ayra excape. However it is how Syrio always called Syra "Boy" and Jaqen says the same thing to her, as if in both cases he knows she not really a boy, and H'ghar shows he

Spoiler
can change his looks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I totally believe this, though with this theory in mind, we should wonder...why does Syrio/Jaqen have such an interest in helping Arya? He (assuming they are indeed the same person) trained her to fight, then put himself in a position to follow her North, and returned to Harrenhal to help her escape. Why?

I think we'd all like to believe this to be the case but it doesn't add up.

It's mentioned that Jaqen was in the cells while Ned was still hand (and Syrio was still around). As someone mentioned, there's been previous threads where the evidence has been produced.

• 1 month later...

No they're not the same, In affc, it was mentioned Eddard ordered that the 3 prisoners had to be brought to the night watch, so Jaquen was allready there before Eddard was inprisoned, and Syrio was attacked by Meryn Trant a couple minutes after Eddard was captured, so the're not the same person.

• 6 months later...

No they're not the same, In affc, it was mentioned Eddard ordered that the 3 prisoners had to be brought to the night watch, so Jaquen was allready there before Eddard was inprisoned, and Syrio was attacked by Meryn Trant a couple minutes after Eddard was captured, so the're not the same person.

Unless the REAL Jaqen was in the prisons already and the one we know as Jaqen assumed his identity after Ned was imprisoned and Syrio vanished from our pages...

Archived