How to enjoy a book after "spoilers"?

kidvisions

The books are even more enjoyable than the show, in my opinion.

I think it's due to the richness of each character's distinctive POV combined with an omniscient narrative presence--kind of a unique way to tell a story. Sort of character-specific but not to the point where it's hard to balance voices.

The description is also rich enough while still very direct, which lends itself to a nice amount of individual interpretation, for me!

Completely agree with this. Although I enjoy the show for it's own merit, the books are much more engaging for me. But, in general, from books you always get things that simply cannot translate on-screen. With ASOIAF, I love looking into the inner thoughts and motivations of characters. I also enjoy the mysterious and eerie elements that GRRM incorporates in the books that I personally feel is missing in the show.

For me, the books are just so good and so descriptive that it is still very entertaining to read even when I know what will happen. I enjoy learning all of the extra details that you don't find in the show, learning spoilers doesn't really ruin it because you still have so much more to learn than just the major spoilers. I'm close to being done a game of thrones, I've just been taking it easy there's no reason to fly through them and then be bored stiff during the season break. I'm going to keep reading the books at my own pace and just keep enjoying them.

Archived