Iron Throne succession question... [maybe spoilers]

Dementia

I'm pretty sure I'm correct...but just double checking...

If/when Tommen dies...Stannis would be the next in line, right?

This is obviously ignoring all the Stannis should have been next anyway, no way would Cersei let that happen, Aegon is the rightful ruler, Dany is the rightful ruler, whomever takes it by force gets it...etc

Myrcella is most likely Tommen's heir; Stannis has been attainted by the "crown", so he and his heirs cannot inherit.

If Myrcella should die childless, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance would arrive at a crossroads: They can either legitimize one of Robert's bastards (very unlikely), pass it to the next in line in the Baratheon family (of which we don't know much besides the names of Robert's parents), call for a Great Council and establish a new dynasty, or just hand the throne over to Aegon, Stannis or Daenerys.

If Tommen and Myrcella are considered trueborn: Myrcella comes after Tommen. Then Stannis comes after Myrcella.

If Tommen and Myrcella are considered bastards: Tommen and Myrcella have no claim to the throne, Stannis is king by right.

Myrcella is most likely Tommen's heir; Stannis has been attainted by the "crown", so he and his heirs cannot inherit.

If Myrcella should die childless, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance would arrive at a crossroads: They can either legitimize one of Robert's bastards (very unlikely), pass it to the next in line in the Baratheon family (of which we don't know much besides the names of Robert's parents), call for a Great Council and establish a new dynasty, or just hand the throne over to Aegon, Stannis or Daenerys.

No way the Tyrell-Lannister alliance is legitimising Robert's bastards, they are killing them (ok, Cersei does).

Next in line in the Baratheon family is Stannis.

They will not hand it over to Targs or "Targs" either.

Stannis can just sit in the Iron Throne if he wins the war, he's considered a traitor

the next in the succession line is Myrcella, after Myrcella I think the Throne would go for cousin Lannister (Ser Damion Lannister probably), after it's probably Lancel :dunno:

but if Robert had legitimized his bastards, probably Gendry would be there or Edric Storm

I think Stannis wants to turn Edric in his heir, legitimizes him as a Baratheon

I wonder if we'll see more of Edric in WoW, it would be cool if he will be a POV

Most think Tommen and Myrcella are trueborn...so I'm going on that assumption.

Tommen dies, then "technically" it would be Stannis (if he wasn't a traitor and all that); males inherit before females, then Myrcella.

But...Stannis is a traitor, so it would pass to Myrcella. Myrcella dies....guess the option would be declare Stannis is not a traitor (I know Cersei would be against that, but would the Martells accept it?) or find the next closest kin? Who would be the next closet Baratheon kin? Would they need to legitimize Edric or would the Martells just usurp the throne? I'm considering the Lannisters pretty much powerless at this point.

Gah...I meant TYRELLS...not MARTELLS in the above.

the next in the succession line is Myrcella, after Myrcella I think the Throne would go for cousin Lannister (Ser Damion Lannister probably), after it's probably Lancel :dunno:

but if Robert had legitimized his bastards, probably Gendry would be there or Edric Storm

I think Stannis wants to turn Edric in his heir, legitimizes him as a Baratheon

I wonder if we'll see more of Edric in WoW, it would be cool if he will be a POV

1. The Lannister line does not inherit the throne, their succession rights come from the Baratheon side. That is why the twincest children must remain officially trueborn by Robert.

2. Robert did not even know of Gendry. He thought that the twincest kids were his rightful heirs.

3. Stannis wants to burn Edric, not make him an heir (Stannis wants to have a son of his own to succeed him, and yet he is not doing anything in that direction). Maybe we see Edric in TWOW, but I hope we are not getting any new POVs more.

Stannis is an attained traitor, he's entirely out of the official line of succession.

Depends on which side you are on.

Tommen dies, then "technically" it would be Stannis (if he wasn't a traitor and all that); males inherit before females, then Myrcella.

But...Stannis is a traitor, so it would pass to Myrcella. Myrcella dies....guess the option would be declare Stannis is not a traitor (I know Cersei would be against that, but would the Martells accept it?) or find the next closest kin? Who would be the next closet Baratheon kin? Would they need to legitimize Edric or would the Martells just usurp the throne? I'm considering the Lannisters pretty much powerless at this point.

Edric is younger than Gendry, Gendry was born in 285 AL and Edric in 288 AL, I know Edric was educated in a castle and have noble life, but Gendry is older, he is the heir of Robert, it would be awesome, Gendry sitting on the Iron Throne, from blacksmith to Westeros Kings, what a life turn :)

Daughters come before brothers. Males before females is the rule only among siblings (that is why Tommen before Myrcella). Myrcella is Robert's daughter, so she comes before her uncle.

The Martells do not want to usurp the throne.

I assume if both Tommen and Myrcella die, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will think of a way to keep Margaery queen.

Edric is younger than Gendry, Gendry was born in 285 AL and Edric in 288 AL, I know Edric was educated in a castle and have noble life, but Gendry is older, he is the heir of Robert, it would be awesome, Gendry sitting on the Iron Throne, from blacksmith to Westeros Kings, what a life turn :)

Gendry is not an acknowledged bastard, let alone legitimised. He was only recognised by two dead Hands. It would be cool, but not gonna happen.

Cersei would be mad if Margaery becomes Queen Regent, hahahaha, she would freak out, and she would find a way to murder Margaery

I still go with Ser Damian Lannister, he's the older male from the seccession line, and is currently lord of Casterly Rock, and, ironically Tyrion would be before Ser Damian, if he was not being considered a traitor and kingslayer

I don't think king Robert's son would be recongnized with Lannisters in power =/ sad!

3. Stannis wants to burn Edric, not make him an heir (Stannis wants to have a son of his own to succeed him, and yet he is not doing anything in that direction). Maybe we see Edric in TWOW, but I hope we are not getting any new POVs more.

I'm not sure that is entirely fair. Yes, Stannis considered burning Edric but there was never anything to suggest that Stannis wants to burn Edric. Mel wants to burn him though.

I'm not sure that is entirely fair. Yes, Stannis considered burning Edric but there was never anything to suggest that Stannis wants to burn Edric. Mel wants to burn him though.

Yes, Mel wanted it, Stannis was just following her order, but I think he would try to change the situation

I think Stannis likes the boy, he discovered that Lord Davos help Edric to flee from Dragon Stone, and he didn't burn Davos or anything, I think deep down he was happy, because he didn't want to burn the boy

Lord Davos is still Hand and is the most trustful man Stannis has

Cersei would be mad if Margaery becomes Queen Regent, hahahaha, she would freak out, and she would find a way to murder Margaery

I still go with Ser Damian Lannister, he's the older male from the seccession line, and is currently lord of Casterly Rock, and, ironically Tyrion would be before Ser Damian, if he was not being considered a traitor and kingslayer

I don't think king Robert's son would be recongnized with Lannisters in power =/ sad!

:wacko: What makes you think the Lannisters are at all in the line of succession for the Iron Throne? The right of children to the throne comes from Robert Baratheon. The Lannisters are not in line at all.

Oh gods, now I stirred the Stannis fanclub. :P

Ok, Stannis does not want to burn Edric, but he had a plan to do so.

Right, he contemplated it to the point where his most loyal man thought it wise to protect the boy from his own uncle. :P

Better safe than sorry. :P To be entirely fair, assuming that it were true, 'sacrifice one child to save the entire world,' is quite a compelling argument.

Archived