Fire AND Blood

Ser Mungo

Okay so the Targaryens have a natural resistance to fire, but what if their words mean more than the literal? So what effect would dragon blood have on them if they drink it for instance? Healing powers? (drink in case of flux...). And what other powers could dragon blood bestow?

Okay so the Targaryens have a natural resistance to fire, but what if their words mean more than the literal? So what effect would dragon blood have on them if they drink it for instance? Healing powers? (drink in case of flux...). And what other powers could dragon blood bestow?

I'm guessing they throw up...

What is your explanation of Dany not getting seriously burned when she hatched the dragon eggs? I have seen a theory that Targs can be fire proof in cases where a major prophecy is going to be fulfilled.

There is a SSM that says Dany's situation is unique or something. But she does get burns from riding Drogon.

Eh?

Granny Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin

Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold

http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

What is your explanation of Dany not getting seriously burned when she hatched the dragon eggs? I have seen a theory that Targs can be fire proof in cases where a major prophecy is going to be fulfilled.

Are we really getting into this nonsense again? When the author himself has said, multiple times, that what happened with Dany was a freak occurrence and had no bearing on Targaryen immunity in general, or for that matter Dany herself on future occasions?

Are we really getting into this nonsense again? When the author himself has said, multiple times, that what happened with Dany was a freak occurrence and had no bearing on Targaryen immunity in general, or for that matter Dany herself on future occasions?

I'm kind of hoping for a Jon walking out of the funeral pyre type of thing. Perhaps I'm way off though.

I do think there's something about the power of Valyrians having something to do with blood magic.

There's a group on this forum that believes it was MMD's blood magic that did the trick on the dragons coming to life. Blood magic, and not any of the weird stuff the Targaeryens tried to make their own eggs hatch. Also, Euron's hellhorn is associated with blood numerous times, and given that the Valyrians controlled their dragons with horns like that, there's reason to believe that the power of Valyria stems from blood magic.

I'm kind of hoping for a Jon walking out of the funeral pyre type of thing. Perhaps I'm way off though.

Jon has been burned by fire once. His hand when tossing the curtain at the wight. Dany has a unique experiance in the funeral pyre. But after in Meeren riding Drogon she gets burns upon her hands.

Archived