Little Walder's death: How does it make you feel?

franko99

I honestly didn't feel much when he got killed. Like others brought up, he started off fairly nasty, and then was clearly going to get worse with incredibly small chance of change . I think even Big Walder was getting nervous about it.

Better to have him gone, for the sake of himself and for the sake of the safety of other people and creatures, as blunt as that sounds.

And indeed, I'm not up on kiling children either (Or any person for that matter, anyone who is a victim of murder or rape is of equal importance and deserves equal remorse/sympathy/justice). But in the end, a truly immoral person is an immoral person, regardless of how old they are. If they are dangerous, especially in the raw mental mindset of someone like Ramsay, I don't care what the age is. Being much younger isn't an excuse or a free pass ~_~

Since we aren't told the exact circumstances of his death, we can't be sure that it was murder. It could have been sefl defence and it was likely committed by another child as well. Also, I don't find it any more heinous than many of the other killings in the books, especially considering Little Walder character vis a vis his participation in Ramsey's cruelties.

^^^^ This and than some. I'm glad the little evil shit bit the dust, may his relatives get the same fate. One Frey down another to go. I won't ever feel sorry for a Frey biting it no child, women, man, old Frey, crippled Frey will have me sad they are getting offed, ~Kanye shrug~ it is what it is

The only thing I didn't like about it was that it happened off page. I would have loved to read the gruesome details of it repeatedly.

You people are fucked in the head.

The Freys are hated on this forum, and by fans in general I suppose. It is not unusual to see people arguing that the whole House should be wiped out. I do not understand this attitude, especially since its aimed at not only those who participated in the RW but against the House on the whole which includes innocent Freys (yes those exists aswell). That said hovewer LW was not a decent lad, irregardless of what House he belonged to. That doesnt excuse his murder but it explains it, BW is of course also an ambitious boy and seems to have a talent for scheming..

I am troubled that so many pages are spent on the death of one or two Freys. The reason being that if a similar page count is required for each Frey death then by extrapolation there aren't going to be enough pages for the whole House to be exterminated.

I want root and stem anihilation. A couple of Frey pies and one dead Walder is little to get excited about.

I want Old Testament vengeance. Every breathing thing at the Twins wiped out, and the ground sown with salt.

Oh I understand that some societies feel that way. I'm inquiring as to why? What exactly elevates the murder of a child from just a murder to the ultimate immoral act?

The assumption that they haven't yet had the opportunity to grow up and be an asshole.

Archived