Ways Jon Could Legally / Gracefully Leave The Night's Watch

Dolorous Nedd

I am sure Jon would want Rikkon to be Lord of Winterfell. It is Rikkons birthright.

It's Rickon.

We're not talking about a lordship here, we're talking about the kingship. Whomever Robb named in his will would be King in the North. Even if Jon would only act as regent and/or eventually step aside for Rickon, the country needs a grown leader now, not a young child. Rickon is if anything a figurehead at this point, and is years away from ever being an independent ruler.

I agree it would awful for him to be resurrected as a zombie like unCat.

Yea, I agree. If he has to be resurrected I hope it involves the old gods making him something like coldhands maybe. I don't want R'hllor involved. That way if there was a Stoneheart/UnJon battle it would be like a fire/ice type of thing.

I don't think there will be a graceful ending of Jon's service in the NW. Even with Robb's will I think he will carry a reputation for the rest of his life and he'll understand that and he will live with it. His remembering the Halfhand's lesson again in Dance was for a reason.

“Our honor means no more than our lives, so long as the realm is safe. Are you a man of the Night’s Watch?”

No he's not because the NW is broken beyond repair and his hiding on the Wall will serve no one well.

I am the sword that guards the realm of men, Jon reminded himself, and in the end, that must be worth more than one man’s honor.

I completely agree, People seem to miss that Jon has already made that decision when it comes to his vows. As jamie said " so many vows, you cant keep one without forsaking another". Jon knows protecting the realm is all that matters at this point. If Jon feels that breaking a vow like "i will wear no crown" needs to be done In order to save the realm of men then that is what he is going to do.

How about this.

Mormont and Glover with the help of the wildlings steal a criticaly wounded Jon Snow from the Wall. When Jon recovers he's in Winterfell with Stannis. The Wall falls, and John makes his stand from the gates of Winterfell.

Boss.

But "fuck the police" won't be a legal/graceful way to leave the NW, no I hope Jon stays, and not as UnJon

As for Robb Will I always thought it only legitimate Jon, and disinherit Sansa, nothing about Bran or Rickon since Robb think they were death, Winterfell and the Kingom of the North is still theirs by right above Jon

Most logical and simple option - he dies and stays dead. His watch is over for good. Problem solved.

None of the other options is either legal or graceful.

MInd, I think the oaths are silly, and if Jon disregards them, that's fine by me, but let's not pretend it would be legal by finding loopholes. Even Robb didn't think legitimising Jon would release him from the vows or that he could just order his release.

He's not dead, he won't be resurected because he's not dead

he lost concious, that's all, he's wounded, and he warged out of his body, he felt a extreme cold, He probably warged to a dead body in one of the ice cells.

he will warg back to his body, he'll not be burn or anything, he'll probably escape before being buried, and yes, he'll leave the NW and the Wall, he'll head south, maybe he'll try to rescue Mance Rayder from Winterfell and look for Arya.

and just to get straight once for all, he's not dead, and he won't turn into a zombie, like unCat.

He's alive,

What's wrong with the way he left right now?

Fuck my vows, fuck this ungrateful collection of wasted cytoplasm and fuck Stannis and his awful queens. Bolton has my little sister and friend hostage and I am going to drain every last drop of blood from his pathetic body.

Really, the one time I actually got excited in a Jon chapter and he had to go get himself stabbed.

I think it's a huge betrayal of Jon's character if he would up and leave just like that. What he does in the end of ADWD, IIRC (or maybe I'm just thinking it makes sense he did), is leading the wildlings to Winterfell and then perhaps forfeiting his life so the NW will honour the punishment of deserting. That's what I thought at least, if he didn't actually say that.

Also, I don't believe a King legitimizing Jon as a Stark and making him his heir really passes for anything in the NW. When people join the NW they disinherit all their claims to land or money or physical possessions they might inherit. Suddenly making Lord Snow a Lord Stark won't make him a candidate for actually being Robb's heir. I think Robb didn't exactly understand this when he made Jon his heir. It's all very silly. Even if Jon found out that Robb legitimized him before his demise, he still won't leave the NW. Stannis already tried making him Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, but he refused him.

Now, if Jon doesn't die/dies and is ressurected, I still don't believe his words will be forefeit. He'll still try to reclaim his post as LC and stay with the NW, unless Bowen Marsh manages to usurp the command of the Wall and submiss the NW. Then I don't know what'll happen. But, if the NW does die with all the chaos on the Wall or the Wall itself falls, then I do believe Jon will turn his eyes towards Winterfell once more.

The wildlings will kill Bowen Marsh (I have the impresion he'll be the prologue POV), maybe we'll see him get executed by the Wildlings, and others who helped him will died too.

And the other brothers will choose sides, maybe they'll accept the wildlings once and for all, and the NW will be renewed somehow, or it'll die for sometime.

It would be nice to see the Wildlings protecting the Wall.

I hope Tormund beheads Bowen Marsh, he'll be really angry for Jon's ''death''

He won't leave the NW. He is a man of honor.

Yeah, like he would want to stay after being stabbed by his brothers

He'll leave for his own good, he's honored, that's for sure, Jon's my favourite character, but he's not dumb, he'll leave the Wall for his own safety.

He'll marsh to Winterfell, alone, or maybe he'll appear to the Wildlings and will summon them to go with him, or they'll offer their help, we can see Jon is having good bonds with the Wildlings

I'm sure Bowen and the others who helped him in the plot to kill Jon will pay with life

Yeah, like he would want to stay after being stabbed by his brothers

He'll leave for his own good, he's honored, that's for sure, Jon's my favourite character, but he's not dumb, he'll leave the Wall for his own safety.

He'll marsh to Winterfell, alone, or maybe he'll appear to the Wildlings and will summon them to go with him, or they'll offer their help, we can see Jon is having good bonds with the Wildlings

I'm sure Bowen and the others who helped him in the plot to kill Jon will pay for ir with life

But leave the Wall is not the same that leave the NW. In his heart, he will be a brother of the NW forever, I think.

And he is my favourite character too :)

But leave the Wall is not the same that leave the NW. In his heart, he will be a brother of the NW forever, I think.

And he is my favourite character too :)

Yes, I mean he'll leave the wall, he's a man of NW forever, but he broke his vows, not by wanting to march over the Boltons, if we remembered he broke it already by having sex with Ygritte. LOL :cheers:

Yes, I mean he'll leave the wall, he's a man of NW forever, but he broke his vows, not by wanting to march over the Boltons, if we remembered he broke it already by having sex with Ygritte. LOL :cheers:

IMO He will fight the Others with other methods. But I mean, He won't wake up after the stabbing and says "I have been dead, so now I'm out of the game. Good bye bitches" He is not going to do that.

Archived